Obama Schedule || Thursday, August 16, 2012

10:45 am || Meets with Secretary of State Clinton
12:30 pm || Lunch with Vice President Biden
1:45 pm || Meets with Secretary of Treasury Giethner

All times Eastern
Live Stream of Carney briefing at 11:30 am

pianogirl88 August 15, 2012 at 9:18 pm

Hmmmm…..having a meeting with Hillary to see if she’ll take the VP job before he has lunch with “JOBS” Biden to break the news to him? I don’t think she would take the spot on the ticket, but it’s fun to speculate what might be going on in those meetings. This will be the most he’s worked probably in the month of August!

srdem65 August 15, 2012 at 9:45 pm

His campaign to win re-election must be draining on him and his staff.
In 2008, the crowds just appeared, the money fell out of the sky, and the MSM was in love with him. Endorsements of big-shots like Oprah covered him in adulation and the world wanted to see him.

Not so easy now. He flys here and there to attend the 200 fundraisers where he must smile and greet people he doesn’t care about. Speaking to smaller crowds than the other guy isn’t helping either. His campaign spent hundreds of millions in ads and support but all that got him was to place dead even with MrRomney.

Yes, he’s working harder now than he ever did but he’s not getting anywhere.

pianogirl88 August 15, 2012 at 10:03 pm

Yep, the hamster wheel is spinning, but it’s not going anywhere. In this case, you can’t even say the wheels on the bus are at least turning, because he has so many former friends that have been thrown under the bus that there’s no way they could move.

srdem65 August 15, 2012 at 10:44 pm

Ahh, chains. That’s what MrBiden was talking about; putting chains on the bus tires to get more traction.

pianogirl88 August 15, 2012 at 10:49 pm

LOL!!!

Knothead August 15, 2012 at 9:58 pm

Very Interesting,
Meeting with Frau Clinton, doesn’t invite her to lunch but with Biden. Could be a ploy to show voters the POTUS is in touch with what the public debate is about. Hillary Clinton as Veep? I doubt she would be satisfied with that. She’s not getting any younger and the fact she would be on the ticket would do little to offset the fact that our current POTUS is a failure.. Meeting with Tax Cheat Timmy is just for cover or Barry will ask for another loan.

R and R in 2012, vote sensibly.

pianogirl88 August 15, 2012 at 10:01 pm

I think Czippy has a weekly meeting with her and lunch with Joe, but it’s surprising to see him even taking the time away from the campaign trail to do that much work.

jerry August 15, 2012 at 10:32 pm

Meeting with Hillary…..

“Girl, I want you to be my running mate…don’t make me get on my knees and kiss your feet…..say YES! YES! YES!….

Lunch with Biden….

“You know Joe, I’ve noticed you’ve been cooped up here lately. Maybe if you should become secretary of state and get out and see the world”.

Biden….

“Berry you are the man…I am standing right beside you with a beer in my hand from your brewery and togather we are going to win one for the Gipper. That Governor Ryan and Congressman Romney have no (expletive)-ing idea who they are (expletive)-ing with.

Now let’s head to Cuba because we need their vote”………

pianogirl88 August 15, 2012 at 10:50 pm

Excellent!

Lizzy August 15, 2012 at 10:45 pm

Faux ‘meeting’ with Frau Clinton so he remembers what she looks like if he
saw her in a crowd. Lunch with Biden could be taken to the woodshed or to
say way to go we got away with another one of your ‘gaffes’ that stimulus
money we gave to the MSM is really working and we built that!

Girly1 August 15, 2012 at 10:57 pm

“Joe, I, uh, I love ya man – but it’s about the Chain of Command…”

Sadie August 16, 2012 at 3:32 am

Good one!

Btw…the main link in the chain of fools gave interviews to two hard-hitting journalists People Magazine and Entertainment Tonight defending Biden’s comments and shrugging them off.

Most folks know that’s just sort of a WWF wrestling part of politics,” Obama told “Entertainment Tonight.” “It doesn’t mean anything, just fills up a lot of airtime.”

Suzanne August 16, 2012 at 3:32 am

They should all go on a nice long cruise around the world together for about 88 days.

Sadie August 16, 2012 at 3:39 am

A “cruise” missile would be more efficient (short range) of course – they can launch from either coast.

Just2old August 16, 2012 at 6:38 am

As Mike Lester depicted yesterday: HOPE and CHAINS!

Langley Spook August 16, 2012 at 6:39 am

Has ANYONE in the “press” ever asked why Obama ‘starts’ his day so late? (re: 10+AM) Just curious…

Car in August 16, 2012 at 7:32 am

Just a guess, but perhaps he’s still flying that trainer in from Chicago? And instead of being like a NORMAL busy person, and waking up at 5 in the morning … he starts his workout at 9 am. After he’s slept in for a bit.

Someday, someone’s gonna fill in the gaps; about what goes on in that White House.

Girly1 August 16, 2012 at 8:00 am

People Magazine and ET??? Seriously??? I wonder if they called him…or vice versa. There was a story recently about an ‘un-named’ exec on the Jay Leno show who let it slip out that they (NBC) never contacted the MOOCH to be on the show – her peeps contacted them. Needless to say he no longer has a job. These two wannabe celebrities are going to find themselves on the “C” list faster than you can say Jimmy Carter! They’re becoming public nuisances.

Lizzy August 16, 2012 at 11:54 am

Can’t they be arrested for being a public nuisance?:)

ImNoDhimmi August 16, 2012 at 8:09 am

So what’s he doing all afternoon? Golfing?

Girly1 August 16, 2012 at 11:53 am

Obama is obviously not a ‘God-fearing’ man! If there was a Book of Lies – this would be the granddaddy of them all.

ET interview in Iowa:
” I don’t think you or anyone who has been watching the campaign would suggest in any way that we have, you know, tried to divide the country. We have always tried to bring the country together.”

Star August 16, 2012 at 1:01 pm

To be fair–not “divided.” MINCED! Here, left-handed sheepherder, something for you. You’re a blind single mother–you are entitled to this from my admin. You didn’t get what you asked for last Christmas? I don’t usually give holiday gifts, but here…. You are too old to need free contraception–how about some hormones…

Dan August 16, 2012 at 12:37 pm

“All I can say is, I didn’t build that teleprompter I was reading… someone else did and that someone should be put in chains, I mean come on it’s the 20th century, can’t someone get this stuff straight when I lift it from someone else’s speeches?” – Crazy Uncle Joe Biden-his-time

Donna knobbe August 17, 2012 at 10:06 am

I have come to the conclusion after much research that our planet is about to change in a way thought not possible by the average american. Are you going to tell us about it?