White House Busted!!

by Keith Koffler on July 28, 2012, 12:38 pm

The White House incorrectly claimed that a bust of Winston Churchill was not removed from the White House when President Obama moved in, insisting with emphatic certainty that it had simply been moved to the residence but then retracting the assertion.

In a “Fact Check” post added to the White House website Friday, White House Communications Director Dan Pfeiffer scornfully dismissed as “100% false” the “rumor” that Obama had removed the Churchill bust that had presided over the George W. Bush Oval Office and shipped it back to the British.

Turns out Pfeiffer’s was the false statement.

Here is a portion of Pfeiffer’s initial post:

Lately, there’s been a rumor swirling around about the current location of the bust of Winston Churchill. Some have claimed that President Obama removed the bust of Winston Churchill from the Oval Office and sent it back to the British Embassy.

Now, normally we wouldn’t address a rumor that’s so patently false, but just this morning the Washington Post’s Charles Krauthammer repeated this ridiculous claim in his column. He said President Obama “started his Presidency by returning to the British Embassy the bust of Winston Churchill that had graced the Oval Office.”

This is 100% false. The bust still in the White House. In the Residence. Outside the Treaty Room . . .

Last year the AP reported that President Obama “replaced the Oval Office fixture with a bust of one of his American heroes, President Abraham Lincoln, and moved the Churchill bust to the White House residence.”

In case these news reports are not enough for Mr. Krauthammer and others, here’s a picture of the President showing off the Churchill bust to Prime Minister Cameron when he visited the White House residence in 2010.

Pfeiffer then provided a White House photo of Obama and British Prime Minister David Cameron admiring the Churchill bust in the White House residence.

“Hopefully this clears things up a bit and prevents folks from making this ridiculous claim again,” Pfeiffer sneered.

Well.

In what he labeled an “Update” but which is actually a “Correction,” Pfeiffer later added that there are in fact two busts, and the one that was in the Oval Office was indeed removed when Obama took office.

Update:

Since my post on the fact that the bust of Winston Churchill has remained on display in the White House, despite assertions to the contrary, I have received a bunch of questions — so let me provide some additional info. The White House has had a bust of Winston Churchill since the 1960’s.

At the start of the Bush administration Prime Minister Blair lent President Bush a bust that matched the one in the White House, which was being worked on at the time and was later returned to the residence.  The version lent by Prime Minister Blair was displayed by President Bush until the end of his Presidency.  On January 20, 2009 — Inauguration Day — all of the art lent specifically for President Bush’s Oval Office was removed by the curator’s office, as is common practice at the end of every presidency. The original Churchill bust remained on display in the residence.

The idea put forward by Charles Krauthammer and others that President Obama returned the Churchill bust or refused to display the bust because of antipathy towards the British is completely false and an urban legend that continues to circulate to this day.

Notice what Pfeiffer now says is completely false: “. . . that President Obama returned the Churchill bust or refused to display the bust because of antipathy towards the British.”

Gone is the truculent assertion that the bust that had been in the Oval Office wasn’t removed from the White House. The claim now is merely that Obama doesn’t hate the British.

Missing also is any acknowledgement of what I presume – I know you all will think I’m naïve - was an honest mistake.

As originally stated by those wild rumormongers, the bust is in possession of the British, at their ambassador’s residence in Washington, presumably awaiting return to the Oval Office should Mitt Romney become president.

Elaine July 28, 2012 at 12:48 pm

I’m sure Obama can’t wait for his second term where he can prominently display busts of his favorite world leaders-Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, Castro, Hitler, and Chavez.

DeniseVB July 28, 2012 at 12:56 pm

Giving Obama a mandate for a second term worries me more in that “my plan worked” way. If he’s bankrupting our economy on purpose, what can he possibly do in 4 more years? Finish us off ?

Brewster July 28, 2012 at 4:28 pm

Yes – precisely so, in many ways that will affect this country even more than his current way. At least 2 Supreme Court justices will probably be retiring in the next 4 years, in addition to hundreds of federal judges. The effects of that will be with us for another generation at least. Or how about Holder as Chief Justice? Think it can’t happen? This is why Obama MUST be sent packing back to Chicago in November.

Brian July 28, 2012 at 6:00 pm

Even if he appointed Holder to the Court, Roberts would have to retire and free up the Chief Justice position for him to be able to give it to Holder. I don’t see that happening in the next four years.

Robert July 28, 2012 at 6:29 pm

You’re forgetting Ruth Bader Ginsburg, who has publicly stated she may retire near the end of what would be Obama’s second term. That would give him time to put another radical on the bench.

sgtcarter July 28, 2012 at 9:27 pm

what’s the diff???…..holder/roberts same pc of ****

Krusatyr July 28, 2012 at 11:03 pm

When his character was tested, Chief Judas Roberts failed Liberty and weaseled to earn fleeting favor from the statist left.

Jems July 29, 2012 at 1:29 am

What a croc. When his character was tested, he remained true to his convictions – the judicial branch does not make law – nor does it repeal law. He said specifically that it was congress’s job to deal with it.

That’s called being a constitutionalist. It’s about time we got some on the Surpreme Court. Hopefully, Ginsburg and the other radicals will be replaced with more constitutionalists, and then congress will be forced to do it’s job, rather than passing laws and then waiting for the supreme court to pass judgement on them.

Sorry, the only Judas Iscariot’s I see, are the people who clamor for “Strict constitutionalists” and then complain when the result of strict constitutionalism doesn’t support their side of the argument.

Instead of depending on the Supreme Court to correct legislation (which is completely outside their constitutional responsibility), what you, I, and everyone else who cares ought to be doing, is ripping apart the rhino-republican party that’s given us horrible, watered down conservatives since Ronald Reagan.

I’ve changed my mind, I see another Judas, only, it’s an elephant – and it’s betrayed the Gipper.

Bobbi July 29, 2012 at 2:31 am

Jems- I was appalled at what I was reading until a voice of reason finally entered the conversation. Thank yo for being the only reasonable one in the room. From a former Reagan-republican.

m4sterchief July 29, 2012 at 2:19 pm

This is an honest, good faith question: How accurate are the assertions that Roberts was going to vote against the law for a long time, but changed his mind right before the actual vote? If that is true, he apparently held one belief in his brilliant legal mind all that time, and then changed it right before the vote. Did he suddenly say to himself, “Oh my gosh, my thinking has been wrong, I need to vote the other way and approve this thing!” How does that happen (IF it did) with the Chief Justice of the SC? Again, I’m just asking, not arguing.

MCPO, USN (Ret.)

PatrickT July 28, 2012 at 10:50 pm

Who needs Holder when Roberts is there to screw things up?

muneco July 28, 2012 at 6:48 pm

Amen!

Fred Meyer July 28, 2012 at 8:49 pm

Obama will win a second-term, because Mexico has more electoral votes than the combined United States.

JDH July 28, 2012 at 9:16 pm

I live in Chicago….”You Keep Him”!!!

Tami July 28, 2012 at 11:24 pm

JDH, I can feel your pain, but after Nov. he will be back to Chicago, Lord willing!

supersniffy July 28, 2012 at 10:15 pm

Pls send him back to Kenya….We in Chicago do not want him.

Kate July 28, 2012 at 10:16 pm

At one time 7 of the 9 justices were appointed by Republicans. We still could not over turn the murdering of innocent children. Roberts voted with the liberals. NEVER does the liberal vote with the conservative. Even if Romney gets in we are still sunk. We need the people to stand up against the lawlessness in our streets and homes. God help us…please..!

maryJo Kopechne July 28, 2012 at 5:47 pm

There is NO ‘if’ about it…..Watch his actions, don’t listen to his lies, for he is the SonOfLines!!

anonymous July 28, 2012 at 6:42 pm

YEP. You speak wisely maryJoKopechne

YES WE CON! July 28, 2012 at 10:38 pm

MJK would have turned 72 July 26th, were it not for the callous disregard for life, of http://www.fatboy.cc

Jay July 28, 2012 at 6:56 pm

America simply would not survive a 2bd Obama term. There is that much at stake.

pianogirl88 July 28, 2012 at 7:21 pm

You are so correct, Jay. This is the biggest worry most of us have, especially if illegals vote & ACORN does its dirty tricks.

Titanticman July 28, 2012 at 9:41 pm

Think about it if they couldn steal the recall in wisconsin they can’t steal a national election

us_citizen July 29, 2012 at 12:20 am

Unfortunately they can do it…

B. Real July 28, 2012 at 8:13 pm

Yeah, bankrupting our economy on purpose.

And the crazy thing is denisevb, your stupidity is par for the course.

Dave July 28, 2012 at 9:06 pm

Then why IS he doing it, genius? Nice to see you admit half the truth though, it’s a start, he’s definitely doing it! It’s only really a question of whether it’s on purpose or just because he’s SODAMN lame.

Corey July 28, 2012 at 9:23 pm

Lol and that’s the rub. He is bankrupting the country….. Is it on purpose? Or is he the most incompetent president in our nations history?

Either way, it’s destroying our country and decimating our economy… Obama needs to be voted out to save our country.

The Phantom July 28, 2012 at 9:35 pm

I find it hard to believe Obama is so ignorant or stupid to do the things he is doing by mistake therefor he must be doing these things on purpose and because he wants to. That is bankrupting the US every chance he gets.

Eddie Colon July 28, 2012 at 10:36 pm

This coming from the people who cheered as an incompetent looted our treasury. The one who came in with a surplus and within four years had us in a deficit. Started two wars, off the books(without paying for it), created medicare plus, off the books of course (without paying for it), no child left behind (without paying for it). Nearly crashed the economy. That Obama really is ignorant………No wait a minute!!! Was that Obama???

Factslap July 28, 2012 at 11:58 pm

You mean that surplus that was created by Clinton and his buddies cooking the books to show a surplus that never really existed? The one that after it was discovered, caused us to realize we weren’t in as good of shape as we thought we were.

matt July 29, 2012 at 1:08 am

Bush was incompetent, yet he did far less damage then your savior. Thanks for supporting the OP’s point. If Obama isn’t stupid, then he must be doing it on purpose. As I see it, either way, he needs to go.

matt July 29, 2012 at 1:14 am

Also, I find it amusing that when a so-called conservative does something progressive, you can’t even applaud him. Your bias is blinding you. For crying out loud, your mascot is a donkey! Eyes wide shut…

David Francis July 29, 2012 at 12:43 am

Read “The Communist” by Paul Kengor. It will tell you everything you want to know about Obama and why he does what he does.

Pamela Stroud July 28, 2012 at 10:01 pm

Gompers July 28, 2012 at 10:48 pm

Barry has done more from the inside to damage this country in a few years than could be accomplished over decades from the outside by Stalin, Mao, and Hitler.

Mitch Johnson July 29, 2012 at 12:38 am

And by ‘bankrupted’, I am sure you meant ‘sent the stock market to record levels’. Simple mistake on your part, I’m certain.

hirider July 29, 2012 at 5:35 pm

The DJI at a high of 13,000 is not considered “Record Levels.” The previous high was 16,000 before the beginning of the downturn.

Sadie July 28, 2012 at 3:26 pm

I think the Obamas covered that with Christmas ornaments.

bill "gettinthescoop" joe July 28, 2012 at 4:30 pm

What’s so great about this article is that it is about one of the most pressing issues of the day: which bust is present in the White House. When Benjamin Franklin and Theodore Roosevelt signed the Declaration of Independence and United States Constitution, they enshrined a fundamental principle deed within the fissures of the American experience: the bust of Winston Churchill must be present in the White House at all times. And as they drew the mighty document, as sweat dripped from their brows, and blood dripped from the fresh wounds of the Civil War, the founding fathers knew that so long as the mighty bust remains present in the office of oval, the states will remain united once more.

GregB July 28, 2012 at 4:42 pm

Snarky. Not really funny, just snarky.
The bust has been there for years, a tribute to an ally. Obama lifts his scrawny leg and pisses all over everything – then he lies about it. That’s the point. President Davis is a petulant man child. He never had any real responsibility before being coddled into this job by the hysterical, racist media, so he never grew up.

bill "gettinthescoop" joe July 28, 2012 at 4:47 pm

Well we can both agree on one thing: the Obama admin is BUSTED. I am a walrus, by the way.

bill "gettinthescoop" joe July 28, 2012 at 4:48 pm

Sorry darn auto spell check.

JT July 28, 2012 at 5:32 pm

“Obama lifts his scrawny leg and pisses all over everything – then he lies about it.”

That is, by far, the best description of this Manchurian Candidate’s activities I have ever read. And what’s worse is there are millions, MILLIONS, of people in this country throwing themselves on their swords to defend him.

Look for Truth July 28, 2012 at 7:01 pm

Right on, JT. We need to humbly pray every single day for God to lift His powerful arm to end this scourge of the scrawny-legged pisser. God will if WE will use prayer as our weapon of defense. No kidding.

Eddie Colon July 28, 2012 at 10:42 pm

Is it possible that God has already shown us the way. That this is the Lords blessing. After all, this man did pull us back from the brink. A little more prayer please. God Bless this country and God Bless The President of The United States.

Headh July 28, 2012 at 11:19 pm

Pulled us back from the Brink? We are on the Brink. What are you drinking Eddie? How bad does he have to be for you to wake up?

Pakkratt July 28, 2012 at 7:07 pm

Slight correction…. There are millions of people in this country eagerly throwing themselves between Obama’s chicken legs to be pissed on.

Pennsylvania Patriot July 28, 2012 at 8:43 pm

Speaking of lifting a leg and pissing, I was walking my dog, got stopped by a senior Obamamite in a flashy sport car. He says
Hey, Barack Obama! And holds up campaign crap, I said “No Thanks I am voting for Romney, and if you vote for Obama again,
your taxes will be so high you won’t be able to drive that sports car.” He put his material on the seat and drove away without a word. Lol

Susan July 28, 2012 at 9:44 pm

Well done Pennsylvania Patriot!

Eddie Colon July 28, 2012 at 10:46 pm

Hey PP, you did the republicant thing, you lied!!! Way to go.

roger July 29, 2012 at 12:06 am

C’mon Eddie. Pull your head out of your last name…

Dave July 28, 2012 at 9:10 pm

Oh would that your words described a literal act…..I have a dream….

dixon July 28, 2012 at 11:45 pm

That is the best description of Obama, ever!!!! Thanks! I may use that one!

mikesa July 28, 2012 at 4:53 pm

Teddy Roosevelt didn’t sign my copy of DOI nor the Constitution. I got gyped.

Great Right North July 28, 2012 at 5:49 pm

WOW, Teddy Roosevelt signed the Declaratioin of Independence!! I’m Canadian and even I know better than that. Go buy yourself a history book.

bill "gettinthescoop" joe July 28, 2012 at 5:56 pm

I wasn’t talking about Teddy Roosevelt. I was talking about Theodore Roosevelt.

Sam James July 28, 2012 at 6:04 pm

well “gettingthescoop”, you may really want to ‘get the scoop” by realizing that Theodore Roosevelt IS Teddy Roosevelt…wowza some people need to go back and read history!

BWStyle July 28, 2012 at 6:27 pm

@Great Right North & Sam James: Really?…Really??

WM July 29, 2012 at 12:47 am

Have a little pity for him. I’m sure he’s a fine product of the failing indoctrination…er, I mean education system. Bet he can’t even tell us what war Theodore “Teddy” Roosevelt was in. Here’s hint…Google is your friend.

Hidingandwatching July 28, 2012 at 6:32 pm

bill “gettinthescoop” joe.

You’re obviously a product of a liberal education.

Linda July 28, 2012 at 9:00 pm

Geez – bill “gettinthescoop” joe – I was trying on the first post to give you a bit of a break – but you just showed yet again how stupid or uneducated you are – First off Teddy Roosevelt & Theodore Roosevelt are one and the same – Secondly Teddy / Theodore Roosevelt “DID NOT” sign the Declaration of Independence or the Constitution – He was not born until 1901, they where signed in 1776 – Hell, His father & mother were not even born yet.

Roy July 28, 2012 at 9:58 pm

Correction teddy was born in 1858… He was president in 1901

bill "gettinthescoop" joe July 28, 2012 at 10:10 pm

Roy, does that mean he signed the Constitution? I’m an aspiring high school history teacher and I’m concerned that I’ve been giving the incorrect information at my job interviews. I’ve interviewed at around 30 schools all over the country, but for some reason they will not hire me. It’s really depressing. But I guess that’s how it works in the world of the OBUMBLER in chief.

Bobbi July 29, 2012 at 2:37 am

Are you people so stupid that you can’t realize when someone is yanking your chain. bill “gettingthescoop” joe is playing you and you’re all so ignorant and gullible from watching Fox News that you believe his schtick What maroons!

PA Patriot 2 July 30, 2012 at 8:20 pm

Bobbi, that is just so stupid. Why do you libs have to throw in “Fox News”. That is SO irrelevant. Yes, when I subscribed to COMBLAST cable I watched Fox News but that was well over a year ago.

The truth is what it is. If it comes from Fox News, FINE. But we aren’t all tuned into Fox News. The truth is still the truth and you can still find it at Fox News, but I choose not to pay for that venue.

Next, you’ll be accusing me of listening to Rush, but I don’t do that either. (Although I used to daily.)

Get a life, Bobbi, and tune into the truth. Maybe it will wake you up.

Steve July 28, 2012 at 10:06 pm

Linda. Actually, Teddy Roosevelt was born in 1858 and was POTUS from 1901 – 1909

Steven July 28, 2012 at 6:00 pm

It is about the White House lying through its teeth. If they LIE about something so inconsequential (are our foreign allies inconsequential?) then WHAT ELSE are they lying about. Get it now?

rj272 July 28, 2012 at 6:32 pm

I know right…what if they were lying about weapons of mass destruction in an effort to start a war. Get it??

Lars Groteballen July 28, 2012 at 6:42 pm

The wmd currently in Syria, right? Those wmd?

DaveO July 28, 2012 at 7:17 pm

Yeah those. The ones that everyone KNOWS were moved to Syria, including every Demo-rat that made impassioned speeches in the House and Senate citing the same WMD as a reason to go to war with Saddam’s Iraq.

History. Learn it, love it, use it. It’ll prevent you looking a fool next time.

pianogirl88 July 28, 2012 at 7:47 pm

The troops also found 550 metric tons of enriched uranium in Iraq which were stored in one of Sadaam’s palaces where the stash could be guarded until it could transferred to Canada in the summer of 2008.

Ahwatukee T July 28, 2012 at 8:32 pm

Here we go with the baseless “Lied about WMDs” thing AGAIN?

Guess What: Saddam HAD them at one time. It is clear that he used them against the Kurds and against the Iranians during the Iran/Iraq war. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_wmd) With his policy of relentless evasiveness, how could anyone know for certain that he DIDN’T still have them?

Indeed, if you REALLY think that the whole thing was concocted by Bush/Cheney then you should know that Iraq’s WMDs were a common assumption on BOTH sides of the aisle and amongst many intelligence agencies around the world.

You really should watch this video. Count how many Democrats decry Saddam’s WMDs!

IF EVERYONE thought he had WMD’s, then what’s the difference between the Dems in congress and the Bush administrration? Answer: Bush had the courage to ACT as opposed to merely go on TV and Talk, Talk, Talk…

BTW: Your irrational, self-serving revisionism adds nothing to our ability to select the best person for the current job opening.

Fred Meyer July 28, 2012 at 8:52 pm

Our current President is a WMD.

kershaw July 28, 2012 at 9:02 pm

And why do we now hear them saying that the Syrian’s have Iraqi chemical weapons in their arsenal. Are you saying that Obama is lying like you say Bush did?

Dave July 28, 2012 at 9:16 pm

Only problem is, they WEREN’T.

Tell me, have you noticed how upset everyone is in the last few days about SYRIA’S (supposed ownership aside) chemical and biological stuff might be hanging out if Assad falls? Gee, wonder if that entire inventory is carrying local labels? From DAY ONE after no significant finds were made other than traces and samples in Iraq, intelligence leaned towards them being moved to Syria during the time spent whacking off with sanctions.

NOW everyone is pretty peaked and attentive when Syria falls into chaos-wonder what’s there…..and oh gee, lookey here, the ONLY Russian naval base in the theatre…..

Just coincidence after coincidence isn’t it, Mr. Simple?

Coffee time, hear the rooster, see the sun, pull the head out.

dixon July 28, 2012 at 11:50 pm

That lie started with Bill Clinton, BTW.

Lucysmom08 July 29, 2012 at 12:26 am

Yes. Doesn’t anybody here know that before Der Schlickmeister left office he signed it into law that we remove Saddam Hussein from office. How were we supposed to do that w/o a war. This warmongering stuff goes way back with both parties. But it is suspicious that there is suddenly a mad scramble to collect those Nukes from Syria before they get into the ” wrong hands”. Like I saw in a previous post, perhaps they are labeled with the country of origin, The U.S. perhaps?

WM July 29, 2012 at 12:59 am

S.H. was a wmd. Genocide, torture, rape, mutilation. Don’t believe it? Try watching “Saddam Hussein: Weapon of Mass Destruction”. Real footage smuggled out, real interviews with his own people. How do you think he managed to wipe out entire towns without any gunfire? By scolding them and shaking his finger? He moved the chemical weapons to Syria when he saw what was about to happen to his regimen. Geez, read some papers, watch some news, talk to people on the ground, and don’t vote until you do.

Mayday July 28, 2012 at 6:28 pm

If this topic is not worthy of discussion, why are you commenting about it? Do you see your own hypocrisy?

George July 28, 2012 at 6:31 pm

Just wondering, how did the founding fathers get those wounds from the Civil War (1861-1865)?

Texas July 28, 2012 at 7:15 pm

I was wondering the same thing.

NoADumbAss July 28, 2012 at 7:39 pm

Please think before replying. Why wasting my time reading your post I immediately realized you are a moron. Are you saying our Founding Fathers sign our Declaration on Independence or wrote our Constitution after the CIVIL war. Wow that is news to me. I thought we got our freedom in the Revolutionary War. Learn your history.

boocat July 28, 2012 at 7:40 pm

Please go get yourself a library card. And don’t breed.

Amanda Flake July 28, 2012 at 8:07 pm

“Teddy Roosevelt” signed the declaration of Independence right after the CIVIL war. Now that is rich.

Fred Meyer July 28, 2012 at 8:52 pm

This where the Teddy Bear came from.
Smokey the Bear came from Forest Fires.

calipoliticalgirl July 28, 2012 at 8:08 pm

“gettingthescoope”: you make some valid points, but I have two observations: (1) I think you confused Theodore Roosevelt with Theodore Pumpersnickle, who was a signatory to the DOI once the confederates beat the Brits in the Civil War back in 1890; (2) the Constitution was signed before Walt Disney invented the character of Benjamin Franklin for Ben and Me in 1953. I know Benjamin Franklin is based on a real character, maybe actually Theodore Pumperanikle, which is why your confused. I’d also like to remind you to not listen to the naysayers on here. You made an honest mistake. Nobody’s perfect. XOXO Gossip Girl!

bill "gettinthescoop" joe July 28, 2012 at 10:13 pm

Thank you from the deepest regards of my heart, Gossip Girl. I know the blovations of the OBAMARATI on here are trying to tear me down to the ground and throw me into the pound. However, I have the uptmost confidence that if I continue posting as to the truth of the OBUMBLUSTERFUL ABONIABLE ADMINISTRAION we’ll get the truth out. People are suckling from the teat of my reality, and if you can’t stand the gravy train, GET OFF.

Linda July 28, 2012 at 8:50 pm

bill “gettingthescoop” joe – I agree with you it is not one of the most important issues of the day – except if you look at it in terms of Obama’s character and he open hatred of all things American or American related “included our allies” – And you need to go back and take a history class before you open your mouth – the founding fathers fought the Revolutionary War not the Civil War. As Carlo Mansia would see “Dee Dee Dee”

Dave July 28, 2012 at 9:08 pm

Sorry, but it’s going that way simply because most progressives you’d want to understand the comment are too plainly dumb to comprehend the more complicated things the bozo is doing. Those are over their heads and HOW he got into office in the first place.

AndrewJ July 28, 2012 at 11:15 pm

Ok where do I even start??? Let’s just in ordering your stupidity. First Theodore Roosevelt did not slain the declaration of independence. Secondly I feel the need to say that the bust isn’t in the constitution, but do you say that about every story not pertaining to the constitution? Seriously, I know this isn’t really worth of a news story, but don’t criticize writers for their choice of topic. Third, CIVIL WAR??? Are you kidding me??? You’re about 100 years off there….. I mean seriously, how can you be that ignorant??????? Fourth, GO GET A HISTORY BOOK AND EDUCATE YOURSELF! Fifth, please, for all that is good and sacred, don’t breed. I don’t need your ignorance for another generation.

David Malbuff July 29, 2012 at 8:44 am

You’re a fool. The issue is not the bust. It is the lies, the constant barrage of lies from this President and this Administration, lies that make Nixon and his cronies seem honest by comparison.

TJG July 28, 2012 at 4:44 pm

Are you kidding? The first thing he gets is a bust of himself.

getalife July 28, 2012 at 5:09 pm

Our President is a moderate capitalist.

This story is just another rw lie.

All you do is lie.

Horrible Americans.

GaltLine July 28, 2012 at 5:35 pm

A moderate capitalist is as useless as a moderate constitutionalist.

mirted July 28, 2012 at 5:57 pm

A “moderate” walks down the middle of the road. It would be interesting to see them do it.

mksmash July 28, 2012 at 6:33 pm

And just to be clear, Obama is neither.

dave loope July 28, 2012 at 5:45 pm

Just curious…if Obama was white and you just looked at his accomplishments, would you still say he’s the best President ever? You seem to be the racist.

David C Beach July 28, 2012 at 6:43 pm

H*ll no!

Bobbi July 29, 2012 at 2:16 am

Dave Loope, I’m white and I’ve looked at Obama’s accomplishments over the past 3 1/2 years with much more pride than when Bush was in. Maybe not the best president ever, but the best since Clinton and both are the best since JFK. Not a Democrat either, just an independent realist. Hard to find someone who’s willing to be honest about Obama’s accomplishments on either side, yet I have to wonder how great Obama could be with a Congress and Senate that is willing to work with him. That, my friend, is what I find to be racist. This republican-controlled Congress is the worst ever. EVER.

Susan Daniels July 29, 2012 at 11:29 am

Obama is a liar, a fraud, a coward and every other similar word in Roget’s Thesaurus. Read about how he has been using a fraudulent social security number for the past twenty-five years. http://www.wnd.com/2012/07/obamas-social-security-number-challenged/

Why would he do that expect to hide his past?

Then go to teapartypowerhour.com/susandaniels
and read the lawsuit I filed against him in OH that is pending.

Gary July 29, 2012 at 12:53 pm

Susan Crowley, well done. Do you know if it is possible to legally pursue obama after he leaves office? Pick the crime. There are many to choose from, aren’t there?

Gary July 29, 2012 at 12:55 pm

To Susan Daniels: Any way to legally pursue the fraud after he is evicted?

Jimbob July 29, 2012 at 2:02 pm

Bobbi, he had a Democratic congress for 2 years and he accomplished a gov’t healthcare act that a majority of Americans hate. He bailed out rich Wall Street firms who overwhelmingly donated Democratic in the 2008 election and he bailed out big businessmen who supported him financially (i.e. Solyndra). Is that why you are so proud of him? I don’t believe you are independent. Only a Democrat could so blindly love this Amateur president.

Jim Herr July 28, 2012 at 5:54 pm

Enough already. You sound like a racist baiting. People of color know better.

fogey0 July 28, 2012 at 6:21 pm

It doesn’t take any tricks to make this moron look bad.

DFFCT July 28, 2012 at 6:23 pm

Evidently, people here have a hard time detecting sarcasm.

tmorro July 28, 2012 at 6:54 pm

When will you people stop drinking the Kool Aid? After being beat over the head for 3.5 years, you still think this numbskull knows what he’s doing? At all??

DaveO July 28, 2012 at 7:19 pm

B-Ho is half honkey, remember?

BillyBob July 28, 2012 at 7:30 pm

Spoken like the well behaved useful idiot that you obviously are.

Marilyn Miller July 28, 2012 at 7:31 pm

The last time I heard the word “honky” was on the Mod Squad.

Link, is that you?

What's Up? July 28, 2012 at 9:19 pm

Wake up! Obama is a Muslim Communist and he is following the Communist Manifesto to the letter.
What’s Up?

ecbronx1 July 28, 2012 at 10:58 pm

Your drug intake is what’s up. Now sit down.

caveat July 28, 2012 at 5:33 pm

There is no doubt. that should the Marxist Obama be president for a second term, the U. S., as it has been known for the past 100 years, as a nation of individual freedoms, prosperity, fairness, and growth will end. Obama intends to destroy our nation as he bows to the Marxist terrorists of the world. The only way to stop him is to impeach him now for the offenses he has already committed. There will undoubtedly be fraudulent voting in November, the likes of which no one has ever previously seen in this nation.

keith wren July 28, 2012 at 6:45 pm

If the truth was known, he more than likely stole the 1st one.

also… being 5% black doesn’t make one African American, but If you happen to be born in Kenya, that is a different story. Maybe just African???

Breanna July 28, 2012 at 11:30 pm

i hope that someone has been keeping tabs on all of the impeachable offenses perpetrated by obama because if he wins reelection, somebody better start proceedings immediately.

Mitch Johnson July 29, 2012 at 12:46 am

If he has actually done anything worthy of impeachment, why wait?
The GOP is so ravenous for his blood that they’d impeach him for jaywalking on the spot if they could.

The truth is that he hasn’t done anything worthy of impeachment. This idea may go against what the talking heads on tv have brainwashed you with, so you’ll probably just brush this away and ignore it. But before you do, try to come up with an actual list of impeachable offenses that he’s actually committed. When you come up empty, ask yourself what else the talking heads might be wrong about before you sling your hatred around.

WM July 29, 2012 at 1:07 am

Correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t the way he passed over Congress for his precious Obamacare unconstitutional? Honestly, I think it’s the fact that he’s made several morally questionable decisions while in office. While being of questionable moral fiber, and flaunting it all over the place, isn’t necessarily an impeachable offense, it certainly is offensive. Especially in a leader of the free world.

Joe July 28, 2012 at 6:04 pm

Or the one of himself.

Franko K July 28, 2012 at 6:38 pm

And Putin who is anxiously waiting for Obama to be more free to capitulate with a second term

JSR July 28, 2012 at 7:11 pm

Wow this whole conversation, article and comments are ridiculous.

If they were two busts it is both true to say “The bust was not removed from the WH” and also true to say “The bust was removed from the White House”.

The statements are about different busts. The one Bush borrowed from Blair was returned, the original bust was was returned and remains in the White House.

I’m a conservative but you guys are really desperate to paint Obama a bad person. You make a bad name for our party. Use your brains, there is enough stuff he’s done that can actually be considered offensive. . . this non-event is not one of them. Grow a pair.

Mitch Johnson July 29, 2012 at 12:50 am

If there’s two busts of the same guy in that museum of a mansion, I can imagine it would be easy to either mix them up or not even know there were two of them.

And why would someone intentionally lie about this?
Knowing how desperate people are to prove each other wrong, the man who made the statement (Note: Obama didn’t actually make a statement on the busts) would certainly know that if he made something up, he’d be sure to be found out eventually.

People on both sides of the aisle make honest mistakes all the time. It’s senseless to pretend otherwise.
Anyone trying to make a mountain out of this molehill is just looking for an outlet for their ingrained hatred.

Jubal Harshaw July 28, 2012 at 7:23 pm

I’m afraid you are incorrect. You will see busts honoring his favorite person: himself.

Chris July 28, 2012 at 7:57 pm

Elaine you are an Angel. What a smart and sweet ladie you are.

ItsJo July 29, 2012 at 12:15 am

Perhaps he’d want to put one of his Mentor/Communist Teacher, Frank Marshall Davis also. Let’s hope this Marxist/Communist Obama will display all you mentioned at HIS home in Chicago, and WON’T cheat for a second term, to “Totally take America Down the Tubes”

Joe Doakes July 29, 2012 at 12:26 am

“You didn’t build that . . .”

- President Obama

July 27, 2012

Dear Mr. Obama,

Normally when you utter something so colossally idiotic I tend to see what everyone else does and if its all been done I’m not going to throw out my opinion on the matter. The “Obama Depression” is about to claim the last bit of my 401K and I’m trying to get this new idea off the ground so I’m a bit busy. This little letter writing gig is a voluntary effort, with all due respect to those who seem to think I’m a some famous writer grand standing their true self, or some rich guy doing this because I need to vent. I’m none of that. If I did make that claim I would be as bad as you. Because through out these reactions to that utterance I realized something.

You, Sir, did not build you. Please allow me to explain. Every step of your life has been prepared for you. Every moment you were pampered and buffed for the next phase like some kind of imaginary character in a television program. From your mother to your girlfriends to your job history and your lack of real world skills. It’s frankly miraculous that you kept the facade up for so long. To repeat; you did not build you, someone else did that.

Well, us common folk “Joe Doakes’s” out in the hinterland don’t have that option. We don’t have the safety net of a group of rich socialist friends that are going to protect us at every turn. We are on our own. And for every improvement we make in our lives there is someone out there, thanks to all of your class rhetoric, that thinks they have a legitimate claim on my labor or my dwindling wealth.

You never felt blame. You never had to stare back at your wife and explain why that second mortgage isn’t getting paid. You never had to live with less so others could have more. You never had to sacrifice what you wanted so someone else could have a shot. You never built a life on merit and exposure to risk nor attempted to serve the public good in the vain of politicians like Henry Clay. You never did that.

There’s this guy running for office. His name is Mitt Romney. He has done nothing but that. No one told him when to “zig” or “zag.” No one told him to do what when. He just did it. Mr. Romney is a “Do the right thing” machine. That’s what he does. He’s like one of those perpetual motion machines that you could buy. You can just count on it. That’s what America needs, someone it can count on to relieve it from the madness that is Washington D.C. by any means necessary. Because if you haven’t noticed you didn’t build that city.

We did.

Respectfully,

Joe Doakes

Susan July 29, 2012 at 10:54 am

Well said as usual, Joe Doakes.

Susan July 28, 2012 at 1:03 pm

That photo of the two quislings hovering over a Churchill bust in the WH residence is laughable. How much you wanna bet that statue was brought out of the closet for Cameron’s visit and is now stashed back in Mooch’s closet under a pile of boob belts?

George Johnson July 28, 2012 at 4:31 pm

quislings…. I love it!

Google it folks, if you don’t know.

jane moore July 28, 2012 at 4:49 pm

EXACTLY! He is pathetic!

YES WE CON! July 28, 2012 at 4:53 pm

And amazingly, people STILL believe Barry’s whole nativity story. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIARV8WsopU

Texas84 July 28, 2012 at 5:17 pm

Boob belts.. that’s funny…

roger July 29, 2012 at 12:14 am

Or as the Germans would say: Stopemfloppins

carole July 28, 2012 at 5:49 pm

boob belts???

try wigs…just wonder what the number of them are??? I’m sure a lot..

keith wren July 28, 2012 at 6:53 pm

Maybe so, but as an 82 year old man with no formal computer training I can make the same thing with just my wife and myself looking at a Churchill bust in the WH, instead of those people.
I can also make a much more believable birth certificate for obama.
If you wonder why the thing they presented as a birth certificate was so bad… think about it. obama had to find a person that possessed expertize that he could trust. Tough assignment for him to do.

Marilyn Miller July 28, 2012 at 7:28 pm

Yeah, they’re both looking at it as though it’s the first time either has seen it.

Kind of like a new species on a slide.

Lucysmom08 July 29, 2012 at 12:05 am

Anyone ever heard of photoshop?

Mr. T. July 28, 2012 at 1:21 pm

Krauthammer tore Pfeiffer a new one yesterday on Fox’s “Special Report” – it was fun to watch!

Susan July 28, 2012 at 1:34 pm

Missed the show so went searching for a video. Charles zinged ‘em for Pfeiffer’s less than honorable response…

Langley Spook July 28, 2012 at 1:55 pm

I luv Kauthammer :-)

Lizzy July 28, 2012 at 3:53 pm

He’s so good can almost castrate the Obama minions with a look and a phrase they probably have to have translated to stupid to
understand:)

MadCharles July 28, 2012 at 4:50 pm

He’s still an elitist rino

Snake July 28, 2012 at 5:22 pm

ok MAD Charles, since you have MADE the statement, let’s see some FACTS instead of emotions to back up your claim. Waiting for it.

barney fife July 28, 2012 at 5:47 pm

Idiot. Even when the WH admits they don’t have one , the one that was sent back, you attack the messenger. What flavor Kool-Aid you like best ?

Sara B July 28, 2012 at 5:21 pm

Yes, let’s hope Dr. Krauthammer has a food tester and/or doesn’t suddenly get “Breitbarted” after a glass of wine. The prezzy doesn’t like to be contradicted especially when he is lying.

RickW July 28, 2012 at 1:24 pm

I guess I do not understand why WH time is being taken up “clarifying” a situation that has been talked about for the last 3 years. A petty issue at best (or is that “bust”?), given 3 years to develop an explanation and they still get it wrong? And we should grant them another term? I mean….Duh?

Langley Spook July 28, 2012 at 1:58 pm

“its a petty issue”, kinda like Obama never going to Israel…

RickW July 28, 2012 at 4:48 pm

LS, I do think the placement of a bust is a petty issue compared to POTUS not respecting our best ally in the Middle East. I’m still shocked he enjoys the support he does with the US Jewish community.

pianogirl88 July 28, 2012 at 8:47 pm

But anything to keep the economy/unemployment/Czippy’s sinking ratings from being discussed….that’s why the WH is making a mountain out of a molehill with this issue. But, for a $3 donation, you, too, can be put in the pool to possibly be able to celebrate the birthday of the POtuS. If he doesn’t win reelection, this will be the last chance you might have to spend this time with him and his buddies in the Windy City. Hurry up, RickW ~ his birthday is August 4!

Steven July 28, 2012 at 4:27 pm

Can’t you see these people are morons?

Breanna July 28, 2012 at 5:22 pm

two things here. First, he lied. The people are sick and tired of lies and thats all thats coming out of this WH. I know that there were lies coming out of every administration but some lies are worse than others. This lie ( that obama didnt remove the bust and send it back to Britain/embassy) was told ONLY because obama DID NOT want America, who as a whole respects the work of Winston Churchill, to know that he (Obama) hates Britain because of something about the Brits beating his grandfather or something to that affect (which turned out to be wrong according to his relatives in kenya) and that he is a very petty man who uses his position to “get even” with people and nations. Yes, its true. Obama is a vengeful man. Just look at what he has done to show this to be true. background checks on people that oppose him (joe the plumber, rich romney supporters) and every chance he gets he trashs fox news (because they have figured him out and he doesnt like it at all. again a very petty and vengeful man. actually its really immature the things that he does. if anyone needs to grow up and face reality its him. America will be glad tohave the bust put right back where it was once romney becomes the president. He, afterall, is not a vengeful and mean spirited and immature man. Hes serious and experienced and wont treat the position of POTUS as a reason to party for 4 years.

keith wren July 28, 2012 at 6:56 pm

“The people are sick and tired of lies and thats all thats coming out of this WH.”

we can only hope…

Kevin Strawbridge July 28, 2012 at 9:10 pm

He hates the British because he was born in British East Africa .

Lucysmom08 July 29, 2012 at 12:17 am

Ditto! And let me add with the new level of lies coming from this WH you can bet this election will have unprecedented voter fraud. On the news I see the MSM seeking out any one that will talk with them about voter disenfranchisment just because of voter ID. Really? How transparent is it to announce allowing illegal aliens to have legal status, so they would thank him by voting for him?

Langley Spook July 28, 2012 at 1:54 pm

sadly, being a Churchill follower (re: I have been dealing with the “Black Dog” for the past 10+ years of my ‘life’) this will never be honestly “reported” by the sycophant “media”.

BTW, I did not understand that London Olympic Opening Ceremony and why NO ONE! from “English History” (re: William The Conqueror-Henry VIII-Cromwell-King George(s)-The British Empire-Queen Victorial-Churchill, etc?) was ever mentioned???!!!

Lizzy July 28, 2012 at 5:12 pm

Well they did have in the starting scenes around London and they
animated the giant statue of Churchill was nice:)

cindylu July 28, 2012 at 3:21 pm

“A bunch of questions”

?

this from the communications director?
yep they are dumbing us down, or they are just plain dumb

correct phrasing “A number of questions”

jerk

Aileen July 28, 2012 at 4:03 pm

“A bunch of” = a phrase frequently used by President Obama

Brewster July 28, 2012 at 4:32 pm

Almost as much as “I” or “me”.

cindylu July 28, 2012 at 6:28 pm

figures-I really avoid having to listen to him so I didn’t know

JenB July 28, 2012 at 8:09 pm

Cindy, you and me both. He starts speaking and I mute him or change what I am watching. I take great lengths to avoid hearing him. IWhen he speaks it makes me ill and I don’t like being ill.

cindylu July 28, 2012 at 9:17 pm

yep makes me ill too, with all that ‘folks’ nonsense and his fake ‘preacher’ cadence

:shudder:

hopefully we’ll have an antidote come november

What's Up? July 28, 2012 at 9:29 pm

I can’t stand the sight of him. I change the channel.
What’s Up?

Lucysmom08 July 29, 2012 at 12:41 am

I try to avoid listening to him but being from Ohio I can’t avoid him if I want to watch the local news.He also says double-down an awful lot. Like he just learned about it. Kind of strange. Been to Ohios new casinos? I hate presidential election season. Hard to drive anywhere if the Prez, V.P. and all other candidates come to beg you to vote for them with their shiny new lies all picked out to impress you. The traffic is horrible.

Ojay July 28, 2012 at 4:30 pm

Why does this administration feel the need to lie about everything ?

Brewster July 28, 2012 at 4:33 pm

Sum it up with one word …. Liberals.

Hammer and Sickle July 28, 2012 at 4:42 pm

The heart and soul of a communist is the lie. That’s why. CPUSA endorsed Obama in ’08. Their fist endorsement ever.

George Johnson July 28, 2012 at 4:32 pm

This is just so typical of the obama the destroyer administration.
Lies, more lies and damn lies! That’s all they have.

Uncle Reggie July 28, 2012 at 4:32 pm

The very first instinct of the Obama troops is to lie, and keep lying until it becomes painfully obvious that they are lying.

Brewster July 28, 2012 at 4:34 pm

First rule of Alinskyites – repeat a lie often enough, stupid people will believe it’s the truth.

What's Up? July 28, 2012 at 9:33 pm

Also Muslims are encouraged to lie to the infidels ( that’s us) according to them.

Dan Rohr July 28, 2012 at 4:34 pm

I happen to know a little about all of this. Early into President Obama’s arrival, and Churchill’s departure, I spent a lot of time trying to bring that bust to my state (Missouri) and Fulton in particular [Iron Curtain Speech], out of admiration and respect. There were a dozen or so rat holes, but this is where it ended up:
(Sept 2010)
Dear Mr Rohr,
I have now received further information from Julia Toffolo, Senior Registrar & Deputy Director of the Government Art Collection.

She is very sorry, but the GAC is unable allow the bust of Winston Churchill to be displayed at Fulton College at present. The bust is currently on display in the UK Ambassador’s Residence in Washington to commemorate Churchill’s connections with that during the Second World War, and has only been there for a comparatively short time following its display at the White House.

Ms Toffolo states the bust is not unique and feels you may be able to find another collection which could loan you a version.

I’m sorry I can’t give you anything more positive, but wish you well in your efforts if you decide to try and obtain a version of the bust.

Regards,
Chris Green

Brewster July 28, 2012 at 4:36 pm

You ought to send a copy of that to douchebag Pfeiffer.

osage willie July 28, 2012 at 4:36 pm

Yawn. The dimocrats lie, update at eleven (or the next time they are on the news.

Bob P. July 28, 2012 at 4:38 pm

Barack Obama…
Love him.
Hate him.
You don’t know him.
http://www.2016themovie.com – a MUST watch!

Stephen Conant Johnson July 28, 2012 at 4:39 pm

Nothing new here. I remember when Obama removed that bust of Churchill. It was reported even by the MSM and was in the first few weeks of Obama’s presidency. I knew right then and there he was a classless buffoon and we’d be embarrassed by him over sand over again. My prediction has come true, I regret to say, and despite the vehement efforts of the criminals, liars and con men who inhabit the White House these days to sweep all Obama’s warts under the rug… there’s not a rug big enough to hide all this poser’s inadequacies.

melanerpes July 28, 2012 at 4:39 pm

The lack of acknowledgment of what you presume –cough, cough– to be an honest mistake is evidence that Pfeiffer’s claim was not an honest mistake.

PhilJourdan July 28, 2012 at 4:42 pm

And this surprises anyone? If the Obama administration says it, it is a lie.

mmilesll July 28, 2012 at 4:42 pm

Add this lie to the long list of lies

John July 28, 2012 at 4:43 pm

A new housing crisis in the making designed to give minority borrowers,non discriminatory loans. Just to make the whole thing appear kosher, the feds will take over credit rating companies to remove any obstacle to lending to unqualafied minorities.

Kevin Strawbridge July 28, 2012 at 9:20 pm

And they changed the tax law so foreign banks wont handle American depositors .

ImaHippyBurning July 28, 2012 at 4:44 pm

These blatant lies from the White House are incredible and occur on a daily basis. I no longer care what it takes, this criminal Pimp in Chief has got to go! He is a Traitor to the constitution and republicans who have caught him in endless lies need to step up and treat him as such. Impeach this disgustingly deceitful POS now!

ThisObamaNation July 28, 2012 at 4:45 pm

These people lie when it would be just as easy to tell the truth.

They are not to be trusted.

Least of all with our National Security.

Steve Eisenberg July 28, 2012 at 4:46 pm

Lying commie bastards.

George July 28, 2012 at 4:46 pm

Is it that hard to google by the White House? This was well covered back in 2009. I’m surprised they’ve forgotten this.

vdmboy July 28, 2012 at 4:59 pm

they think the majority of people are stupid, and hoping that more than 1/2 of them really are……………..

Breanna July 28, 2012 at 5:53 pm

hate to say it but the half of the country that voted for him REALLY are stupid and he knows it.

Doug July 28, 2012 at 4:47 pm

This administration can’t even tell the truth about interior decorating.

getalife July 28, 2012 at 4:49 pm

The right have zero credibility after all the lies.

Deport the cons.

George July 28, 2012 at 4:53 pm

First get rid of first amendment. And second. Moron.

getalife July 28, 2012 at 5:00 pm

Shut up lying cons.

All you do is lie.

Hugh K July 28, 2012 at 5:06 pm

All you do is hate…

Titanticman July 28, 2012 at 9:39 pm

What is a poor miserable third leg Obama hugger going to do when Obama loses in a landslide and the democrats set yet another record for the most seats lost in an election cycle?

DaveO July 28, 2012 at 7:27 pm

Give examples, and be specific. What lies, and details about them.

Perhaps you should follow the advice of your username, and get a life.

David July 28, 2012 at 4:50 pm

Of course Obama lies and lies time and again. The funny thing about all this is that the British are all gushing over Obama even when they know he hates their guts. They are up in arms about Romney and take everything out of context to embarrass him because they are liberals first. Sort of like Sarah Silverman would be the first one to turn in Anne Frank.

George July 28, 2012 at 4:51 pm

What do you expect from the staff of Liar In Chief, covering for the anti-colonial President’s natural desire to get rid of a bust of man proudly symbolizing Western Civilization. Can’t wait for November to feel proud for my country again cleansed from man who is busy disgracing it.

getalife July 28, 2012 at 4:51 pm

All the cons do is lie.

Cut the crap and call them liars.

George July 28, 2012 at 4:56 pm

You have bad mouth odor from overuse of favorite epithet of self-obsessed progressives like yourself – ‘crap’.

Hugh K July 28, 2012 at 4:59 pm

Hater!!!

DaveO July 28, 2012 at 7:29 pm

Give examples, be specific. What lies, and details about them.

STFU, occutard.

Titanticman July 28, 2012 at 9:37 pm

Liberals prove on a daily basis why they are the most easily led segment of our society

Evil Incarnate July 28, 2012 at 4:52 pm

You have to parse words with these people…

Quote: “The version lent by Prime Minister Blair was displayed by President Bush until the end of his Presidency. On January 20, 2009 — Inauguration Day — all of the art lent specifically for President Bush’s Oval Office was removed by the curator’s office, as is common practice at the end of every presidency. The original Churchill bust remained on display in the residence.”

So is Pfeiffer saying the bust was lent by Blair was SPECIFICALLY for Bush’s oval office? Really?

How did Blair communicate this? Did Blair ask that Bush send it back when he (Bush) was done with it, or what?

Look, Pfieffer made a human mistake. We all do it. But why can’t these people simply tell the truth?

Dan July 28, 2012 at 5:47 pm

…But when British officials offered to let Mr Obama to hang onto the bust for a further four years, the White House said: “Thanks, but no thanks.”…

…A British Embassy spokesman said: “The bust of Sir Winston Churchill by Sir Jacob Epstein was uniquely lent to a foreign head of state, President George W Bush, from the Government Art Collection in the wake of 9/11 as a signal of the strong transatlantic relationship.

“It was lent for the first term of office of President Bush. When the President was elected for his second and final term, the loan was extended until January 2009.

“The new President has decided not to continue this loan and the bust has now been returned. It is on display at the Ambassador’s Residence.”

Jeanne July 28, 2012 at 4:52 pm

Patrick, what is this article saying. I’m confused.

Gunny G July 28, 2012 at 4:52 pm

When a liar lies constantly, it doesn’t take long before they cannot remember what lies they told to whom.

getalife July 28, 2012 at 4:53 pm

Here is your update:

cons and the gop lie about everything.

Just call them liars in your headline.

Show some honesty for a change.

littleleers July 28, 2012 at 5:36 pm

Troll alert!

DaveO July 28, 2012 at 7:30 pm

Give examples, be specific. What lies and details about them.

STFU, occutard.

What's Up? July 28, 2012 at 9:39 pm

Getalife.
Thou art a creep!

bill "gettinthescoop" joe July 28, 2012 at 10:14 pm

GET OFF HERE TROLL. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED>>!>!>!>!>!>!

vdmboy July 28, 2012 at 4:54 pm

shows how
1) this administration is very thin skinned,
2) they fire off missives without any fact checking
3) their “corrections” never address the initial error, just walk an extremely fine point; and
4) they never issue never an apology for a misstatement of reality, they obfuscate with an invented reality (“He didn’t say what he just said”, he’s very nuanced and you are too slow to get it !)

I can’t wait until this whole group of amateurs is GONE

bikertrash July 28, 2012 at 4:54 pm

Well of course they’re lying. Did you really expect them to tell the truth ? Why start now.

GregB July 28, 2012 at 4:55 pm

Where are all of President Davis’s supporters? Story after story, all I see are people slamming the president for being a dishonest loser who hates the country. Everyone who reads dislikes him, is that it? Even on big city newspaper sites and other old media sites, the comments run 10 to 1 against President Davis. I guess all of his voters are watching TV all day. They don’t really care about politics, so long as the check is in the mail.
President Davis? Yeah, his real daddy isn’t a Kenyan communist, his real daddy is an American communist and pornographer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jrrnkKmUzo

Hugh K July 28, 2012 at 4:56 pm

“…all of the art lent specifically for President Bush’s Oval Office was removed by the curator’s office, as is common practice at the end of every presidency.”

Wrong again Pfeiffer. As reported in the NY Times and the Washington Post, that “common practice” ended with the Clinton presidency in which the Clintons took $28,000 worth of furnishings at the end of his second term. Two donors were quoted as saying the items had been intended to become part of the permanent White House collection, not gifts to the Clintons.

The selective memory of this current administration is getting old…

Source – http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Did_the_Clinton's_steal_furniture_from_the_White_House#ixzz21x74ZqWg

Edward Manhattan July 28, 2012 at 4:56 pm

Funny how Obama is trying to cover up all his misdeeds now that his job is in play. Too Late, A-hole! We know what you are, and at least some of us were never…repeat…NEVER fooled by your cheap mask and your filthy LIES.

getalife July 28, 2012 at 4:57 pm

“The claim now is merely that Obama doesn’t hate the British.”

You are a liar.

Hugh K July 28, 2012 at 5:01 pm

You are a hater!!!

giovanni July 28, 2012 at 6:22 pm

I hate all haters. That’s because I’m not a hater.

Amazed July 28, 2012 at 6:28 pm

Will getalife escalate to “pants on fire”? Will “I’m rubber, you’re glue” rear its head? Find out on the next, thrilling episode of “When Children Surf The ‘Net”.

Amazed July 28, 2012 at 6:32 pm

On a more serious note, getalife is close to having a point here. Quoting Obama itself is tantamount to lying. In fact, it may even be racist.

Also… sorry for feeding the troll. He/she’s so cute – it’s a bit hard not to feed it.

DaveO July 28, 2012 at 7:31 pm

Occutard.

Does your mom know you’re using her computer?

fuobama July 28, 2012 at 4:58 pm

What do you expect from a guy that lies about his birth certificate?

Eric L Johnson July 28, 2012 at 4:58 pm

President Obama put a bust of Abraham Lincoln instead. Yeah such an unworthy choice. Mitt Romney is a political prostitute.

fuobama July 28, 2012 at 5:01 pm

…and Obama isn’t, right you’re a lib shill fraud just like your hero Obooga?

Eric L Johnson July 28, 2012 at 5:15 pm

Are you saying Abraham Lincoln is unworthy to be in the office where he saved our nation? This is a ridiculous faux controversy made by Obama derangement syndrome sufferers.

littleleers July 28, 2012 at 5:39 pm

Of course Abraham Lincoln is worthy But good old Abe loved this country and sacrificed for it. Obama? He has shown by his actions that he stomps and soils on anything that would advance the American way of life. Old Abe is rolling over in his grave.

ecbronx1 July 28, 2012 at 11:11 pm

As an American, I am honored that my President returned an American President’s bust to the WH. The PM’s bust is already on view in a prominant place. Now, besides, it’s his office and he can display anything he wants. The 16th President of the U.S. is an excellent choice. Sorry Jefferson Davis was not welcomed.

WM July 29, 2012 at 1:28 am

Lincoln and Churchill are both admirable people, and important leaders in U.S. and world history. My question is, why couldn’t both have stayed in the Oval Office? After all, we were still (yes, still) fighting wars (on separate fronts) along with Britain when O came into office. The biggest problem is, Obama gave the PM of our closest ally 25 DVDs as a first gift, and sent the Churchill bust away. Yet PM Brown gave O an ornamental pen holder made from the timbers of the Victorian anti-slave ship HMS Gannet. Hmmm…. O’s gifts don’t denote much respect.

What's Up? July 28, 2012 at 9:45 pm

Eric L Johnson .No, you are a prostitute to Obama.

BlogMagog July 28, 2012 at 4:59 pm

You don’t smoke a ton of pot and then quit. I guarantee he is still a pot head. What a disgrace to our country. Athiest, Socialist, Marxist? Perhaps all true.

NVRAT July 28, 2012 at 5:00 pm

What a bunch of lies.This administration is the most corrupt and dishonest group of people that has EVER been in not only the white house but DC in general. This is Chicago Mob Criminal Politics at it`s best supported by PRAVDA MSM Lieutenants. They are disgusting!

getalife July 28, 2012 at 5:01 pm

The right should be deported as traitors.

Send the cons to gitmo.

fuobama July 28, 2012 at 5:02 pm

go out and occupy Wall Street or something you lib kool-aid drinking shill.

Hugh K July 28, 2012 at 5:05 pm

Haters should be deported out of kindness to people and other living things.
Send haters to a gulag in Siberia.

What's Up? July 28, 2012 at 9:48 pm

getalife:
I think you should lead the contingent.

getalife July 28, 2012 at 5:02 pm

Oh, this is satire.

My bad.

Just a bad joke.

Hugh K July 28, 2012 at 5:12 pm

Glad your cool with everything now. Your hate was really gettin’ old.

Dave in Houston July 28, 2012 at 5:02 pm

Sad situation when the Obama Administration can’t even keep it’s lies straight, never mind the facts.

I mean, who’s in charge here? Oh, yeah. Never mind.

Elco July 28, 2012 at 5:03 pm

Is there anything so trivial that Obama will not lie about it?

What an embarrassment he is to this nation.

margaret weber July 28, 2012 at 5:03 pm

Does any truth ever come out of this White House? They make me sick!!

arguethefacts July 28, 2012 at 5:03 pm

Why not talk about something important like what kind of fraud is Mitt Rmoney hiding in his tax returns he won’t release to the American people (or as Ann Rmoney says, “you people.”

And can’t you read. There were two busts. One was leant to George W. while the other was being repaired. It actually belonged to the British and was returned to them at the end of his stolen presidency. The other bust, repaired, was placed in the residence.

Where are Mitt’s tax returns? That’s what is important. Of course, he’s too stupid to be President. Why do Republicans nominate stupid people like McCain, Palin, Rmoney? Matter of fact everyone running in the Republican primary was intellectually challenged. There are intelligent Republicans. Why do you nominate the dumb ones?

Dan July 28, 2012 at 5:55 pm

Dr9Love July 28, 2012 at 9:21 pm

I’d say release the tax returns just as soon as Obama releases his college transcripts. The current administration is proof that a man can be educated, yet remain an imbecile.

What's Up? July 28, 2012 at 9:55 pm

Argue the facts:
Perhaps Mitt Romney will release his tax returns( he already has released some) after Obama releases all his sealed records. School records, law records, birth records(not fake ones), why he lost his law practice, his community organizer records, his meetings with Bill Ayers, his relationship with Marshall Davis, and his membership in one of Chicagos gay bath clubs. Is that enough?

ecbronx1 July 28, 2012 at 11:18 pm

Meth head, next time just say no. What’s up??? Sit your a** down.

WM July 29, 2012 at 1:36 am

*Sigh* Here we go with the tax returns again. This is all you have, isn’t it? It’s getting old, especially since that whole pesky issue has been explained and resolved over and over and over again. Does this mean I get to ask why O hasn’t released school records?

The Sceptic July 28, 2012 at 5:03 pm

The preferred choice is reinstating the Churchill bust and removing Obama and any remnants completely. And, like the Clinton’s, let them steal the White House furniture.

dash riprock July 28, 2012 at 5:04 pm

It is a sorry state of affairs when the president of the U.S is a pathological liar and a substantial number of elected and appointed “civil servants ” are engaged in nothing less than treason and outright hostile contempt for the tax paying, law abiding private sector worker that supports the vast criminal enterprise. The goose that laid the golden egg is being strangled by these enemies of the state.

Rocky July 28, 2012 at 5:04 pm

Why does anyone except the Jones Koolaid drinkers believe a word from the mouth of Bama-tha-Scama and his Fascist Administration ?

getalife July 28, 2012 at 5:06 pm

Gullible cons swallow any lies and have no credibility.

Four more years!

Hugh K July 28, 2012 at 5:15 pm

Back to hating again so soon? Old habits, hard to break, etc, etc

DaveO July 28, 2012 at 7:32 pm

Give examples, be specific. What lies, and details about them.

Occutard.

Jack Kennedy July 28, 2012 at 8:16 pm

geta Why do you hate America

What's Up? July 28, 2012 at 9:59 pm

getalife,
We will agree you should have four or more years behind bars preferably alongside Obama.

ecbronx1 July 28, 2012 at 11:28 pm

I’ve read this entire thread, and respectfully disagree with most of the people here. I feel like some are misguided, some are wrong and some are right. Some are just humorous. But you, what’s up?, are the most repugnant, nasty, stupid and wrong person on this blog by far. You sir are a waste of molecules that at no time came close to moving this conversation foward. Next time you might want to get mommy’s permission before you get on the computer. ok? ba- bye. And once again – Sit your a** down, respectfully of course.