Obama Raffles Off Invite to His Birthday Party

by Keith Koffler on July 16, 2012, 12:05 pm

The Obama campaign is raffling off to contributors an invitation to President Obama’s 51st birthday party, which will be held at the Obama family home in Chicago.

From and email sent out by the campaign under Michelle Obama’s name:

Barack turns 51 next month, and there will be a little celebration at our house in Chicago.

We’d like to give grassroots supporters an opportunity to join in the fun. You guys deserve it, and I know Barack would personally love to see you there.

Donate $3 or whatever you can today, and you’ll be automatically entered to get your name added to the guest list.

That won’t stop me from teasing him about all those new gray hairs he has — though I think it’s fair to say he’s earned every one.

Obama’s birthday is August 4, thought it’s not clear if the party will be held on the same day. Obama typically stages a few celebrations for his birthday, so the one being raffled off may not be the most intimate.

Owen Kellogg July 16, 2012 at 12:10 pm

NPD on steroids.

srdem65 July 16, 2012 at 12:15 pm

Birthday party in Chicago? on the weekend? Are they nuts?
They’ll have to hand out bullet-proof vests to all the guests.

srdem65 July 16, 2012 at 1:01 pm

^^ was my first reaction to this latest gimmick.
After some thought, it occurs to me that the logistics would be intricate and complicated.
If you “win”, you would wonder do you bring a gift to the party.
Once you’re delivered to your room at the SouthSide Motel 8 by a lowly aide, you might wonder if you’re permitted to actually leave your room for some sight-seeing.
On the day of the party, you can expect the SecretService to examine every one of your orifices, your luggage, your clothing and your shoes for contraband, like a camera or cell-phone.
Your special guard will escort you to the Obama home where you will be seated in a room with other poor people, none of whom you recognize.
You may not use the Obama’s bathroom for any reason, or leave the room you were placed in to “look around”.
At some point, the President will enter the room when you will be instructed to sing “happy birthday” and pehaps actually touch the One.
Immediately after the President leaves the room, you and a bunch of strangers have been sitting in, you will be shuffled out to waiting vehicles to return to your room at the Motel 8.
After you return home, friends and family will ask you what it was like so you lie and tell them it was the most wonderful thing and the President was really friendly.
On Nov 6 you vote for MrRomney.

Susan July 16, 2012 at 2:04 pm

Love it, srdem. Betcha your scenario is pretty darn close to reality.

ol gator July 16, 2012 at 3:37 pm

Love it srdem56 !! however, you did leave out the little tid bit about
knives being a banned item.. te he !

Janna July 16, 2012 at 4:04 pm

If you are hispanic, forks will be banned too.

Mr. T. July 16, 2012 at 12:16 pm

“….though I think it’s fair to say he’s earned every one.”

What about all the new gray hairs your husband has given us while we struggle to survive in his economy??

Jerks.

SnarkEsq. July 16, 2012 at 12:19 pm

You beat me to it. That’s exactly what I was just going to rant about!

mo1 July 16, 2012 at 12:42 pm

Ditto

Car in July 16, 2012 at 1:09 pm

Exactly. OMG 10000 times this.

SnarkEsq. July 16, 2012 at 12:21 pm

We all saw this one coming. Of course they’d be doing a raffle for his birthday.

Too bad that Obama Event Registry has turned out to be as big a failure as BHO is:

Girly1 July 16, 2012 at 12:26 pm

Is he going to pass out copies of his original B/C as party favors?

Sadie July 16, 2012 at 2:27 pm

Of course he will and the B/C will be wrapped up with his college transcripts.

anneinarkansas July 16, 2012 at 12:27 pm

Gosh, I wish I had three extra dollars…I would so love to celebrate with Bam and Mooch.

AnotherOpinion July 16, 2012 at 12:30 pm

pass

Just2old July 16, 2012 at 12:35 pm

As murder rate climbs, Chicago mayor makes ‘values’ appeal

I think I’ll pass….with my luck, I’d win.

cindylu July 16, 2012 at 12:35 pm

barack is going for his annual checkup and YOU could sit in the waiting room during it for 50 cents

Susan July 16, 2012 at 1:08 pm

I’ve seen some of the white liberal drones who drool over this skinny girly man like he’s some teenybopper rock star. They’d be first in line for an opportunity to touch the rim of his urine cup. Have a little self respect ladies.

RickW July 16, 2012 at 12:42 pm

Dear Michelle: Won’t be able to make it. Will be in a class with 5 disabled vets to get them their service dogs. I will, however, buy them each a beer (maybe more than one) and tell them how much you folks are thinking of them while you party the night away. Warmest regards,
Rick

DeniseVB July 16, 2012 at 1:52 pm

I’d rather send you the $3.

See, if I were running Romney’s campaign I would ask people to help celebrate the President’s Birthday with a $3 donation to the Wounded Warriors. Zing !

Langley Spook July 16, 2012 at 3:19 pm

once again a reader of WhiteHouseDossier comes up with a GREAT! idea for a Romney campaign ad.

When will the Romney campaign get its rear-in-gear and go after Obama?!?

RickW July 16, 2012 at 5:07 pm

It is a great idea, Langley. Romney appears “Presidential” and Obama appears like the bottom feeder he is. Works for me!

SnarkEsq. July 16, 2012 at 2:08 pm

According to Lynn Sweet, this is just one event in a series of fundraisers tied to his birthday scheduled for August 12th in Chicago:

jerry July 16, 2012 at 6:10 pm

One would have to wonder if they felt safe in Chicago to begin with?

sablegsd July 16, 2012 at 8:12 pm

Well, we don’t know that he is going to be 51, do we?
We don’t know what month and date he was shat out by his fugly, slutty, commie mommie.

“Barack’s birthday is one of the last opportunities he’ll get for a little downtime before the final weeks of the election.” SNORT!

Look you stupid, fugly, racist beard, his whole term has been a vacation for both of you. Condescending bitch.