Michelle Headed to London!

by Keith Koffler on June 22, 2012, 4:05 pm

Now this is what I call a grand excursion.

First Lady Michelle Obama will be on her way to London next month, leading the U.S. delegation to the Olympic Games, which start July 27 and end August 12.

I assume she will take her daughters. It’s not clear how long they will be staying, but it’s more than likely they will make a vacation out of it.

Michelle and the girls each year take an exorbitant vacation without Barack to some far-flung locale, mostly at taxpayer expense .

In 2009 they went on a luxury trip to the “Spanish Riviera,” staying in what must qualify as a SIX STAR hotel in gorgeous Marbella.

In 2010 they went to southern Africa, this time throwing in some “official” events so that the safari and other exciting activities they engaged in didn’t look quite so tourist-like. Michelle brought her nephews and her mother along to help represent the United States of America.

It’s not clear why the United States needs to send a delegation to the Olympic games, but nevertheless, Michelle has decided she will bear the burden. The trip is also ostensibly an opportunity for her to promote her “Let’s Move” kids’ fat reduction program, though it’s hard to imagine this will take up a lot of her time.

“The First Lady is working to turn the inspiration of the Olympic and Paralympic Games into action by getting more kids healthy and active,” the White House said in a statement.

Personally, I’d like to have the taxpayers send me to the Bahamas so I can draw attention to the erosion of the coral reef.

I of course would also spend ample time in my resort’s swimming pool to remind parents to teach their kids to swim, and highlight the dangers of sun exposure by remembering to put on plenty of suntan lotion before I sun myself on the deck.

And let’s not forget my mission to point out the dangers of alcohol abuse, which I will carry out by demonstrating exactly what happens when I raid the Minibar.

RickW June 22, 2012 at 4:26 pm

Moo is being sent to ensure that any American medal winners donate their medal(s) to OBAMA2012. If they fail to sign a release, she will sit on them!

Granny Jan June 22, 2012 at 4:32 pm

Don’t laugh. The Obama campaign has an Obama Registry to donate your wedding to gift money to him in lieu of actual gifts.

RickW June 22, 2012 at 4:34 pm

LOL we were beating that around on the previous post, GJ. I sent it to some friends (a retired Nam vet, 2 retired cops, etc) and the responses I got…..were nothing I’d repeat to a lady.

srdem65 June 22, 2012 at 4:44 pm

I called my local Dem office in Phoenix and registered my complaint. It’s crass, selfish, outrageous and is just another thing that makes me ashamed to be a Dem.

RickW June 22, 2012 at 4:51 pm

Agreed, srdem. I would have preferred a disabled vet for U.S., for the Brits too, as leaders of the walk. The contrast might lend itself to some peaceful results from the Games.

Church Mouse June 23, 2012 at 10:56 am

Rick, why do you pretend to be a Dem? The 5 cents you get for your posts? When my husband and I married we asked that donations be made in lieu of gifts. When our first child was born we requested the same thing be done. Why do you call it crass, selfish and outrageous? No one has to do it.

Tarmangani June 23, 2012 at 11:28 am

Obviously, it is not crass to give the donation. It does take some major league marbles for the candidate to suggest it. But unusual donations are nothing new to the Obama campaign. I read in 2008 that two members of Hamas gave him around $30,000. Maybe they were getting married.

sabercat June 23, 2012 at 11:31 am

donating to a good cause/charity is one thing, but for a presidential campaign asking for donations in lieu a person buying a wedding gift for family/friends. is this circumstance, it is crass.

Pilot.Dave June 23, 2012 at 12:40 pm

So the mouse eat the poisoned cheese that make you think this is a Football game (Red team VS Blue team) ??

Wake up and realize your Buddy BHO is trying to shield his buddy Eric Holder from his involvement in the MURDER of US Agent Brian Terry !! And any money he can take from the birthday party of a 5 year old is not going to change the outcome of 2012 – Just as Nixon was a criminal, so is BHO ( Accompanist after the fact)

Huuf Arted June 24, 2012 at 11:49 am

Obama was involved with the Fast & Furious scandal right from the start. He had said just weeks before it started that he had “a surprise” to help him implement more Gun Control and I’d bet a kidney F&F is exactly what he meant…

MissyT June 23, 2012 at 12:49 pm

You’re not a polician, BIG DIFFERENCE!

AnneP June 23, 2012 at 1:22 pm

If he’s so in to donations, why doesn’t he suggest that his Hollywood buddies donate half of their outrageous salaries to a jobs program or to help reduce the enormous debt he has accumulated for us in the past 3 1/2 years? Now that would be truly caring and sharing. Quit hitting up the middle-class.

RickW June 23, 2012 at 2:07 pm

CM, I think you have me confused with someone else.

Pavelina June 23, 2012 at 2:29 pm

Fine, but what did you donate the gift donations to?
A politician like Obama? Or a worthy charitable group?

rafedzell67 June 23, 2012 at 2:54 pm

One thing for sure, if Michelle sits on any Olympic athletes that will be the end of their sports career!

Omaeileen June 23, 2012 at 2:58 pm

You were not running for public office.

Fran June 23, 2012 at 4:51 pm

Are you a stand up comic?

Clearhead June 23, 2012 at 7:41 pm

“…..Why do you call it crass, selfish and outrageous? No one has to do it…..” BECAUSE, Ms. “Church Mouse”, that’s what it is. We’re really surprised, if in fact you did this for a politicians’s campaign, that you have the guts to admit it. Your WEDDING? YOUR OWN CHILD’S BIRTH? The only logical conclusion we can make is that the politician involved was YOU !!

LES June 24, 2012 at 11:43 am

Church Mouse – it is a very different thing to request that donations be made instead of gifts to YOURSELF. That is YOUR choice. Obama is asking that it be done on his behalf – if I were getting married and friends or family did that and it were not MY request, I’d find it extremely presumptuous, if not tacky and classless.

BillyBob117 June 24, 2012 at 1:13 pm

Hey Mouse—-you miss the entire point—little barry only wants the donation going to him and no one else—big difference—watch out for thos traps—

dugbru June 24, 2012 at 8:05 pm

Did you ask that the donations be made to you??

Did you ask other people getting married to donate to you???

Did you ask other people celebrating the birth of a child to donate to you???

That just might be why Obama’s request is crass, selfish, and outragious.. I might add classless and narcistic too.

Think before you post/.

Nell June 23, 2012 at 9:21 am

With all the criticism of Michelle’s extravigant lifestyle, why doesn’t she rein in her expensive tastes and activities until after her husband’s reelection? I am so confused about how these people think and why they do so many impolitic things.

A.J. Derrick June 23, 2012 at 9:59 am

Because he won’t be re-elected, Nell, & this is Moochelle’s last chance for a taxpayer funded trip.

danna June 23, 2012 at 12:01 pm

If he loses election, you can bet your sweet bippy that they will be on a perpetual vacation until January.

Stephanie Sharf June 23, 2012 at 12:50 pm

Good. I hope they lose and knock themselves out.

EW3 June 24, 2012 at 10:07 am

danna, so not much different then the way it is now ?

Anonna June 23, 2012 at 1:12 pm

My guess is that MoochMORE considers herself to the be successful half of the Obama Presidency and she doesn’t plan to deny herself a perk or goodie on BO’s behalf. If he loses, well, she’s said that she’s wished she could walk out of the WH and keep on walking. In her mind there lies ahead a career as a talk show host, celeb, or whatever. So BO wins, BO loses, MO wins. Why not grab an extra trip or resume-building spotlight moment in the meantime at taxpayers’ expense?

Pilot.Dave June 24, 2012 at 12:23 am

Remember his name is B. Hussein Obama ;-)

And the man’s Murder he is now trying to help Eric Holder cover-up is US Agent Brian Terry !

NOSFERATU June 24, 2012 at 5:00 pm

YOU HIT THE NAIL RIGHT ON THE HEAD, THANX PILOT DAVE. OBAMA IS EVIL HIS WHOLE REGIME IS EVIL. JUST PLAIN EVIL.

NoFear June 23, 2012 at 9:55 am

Hopefully you are ashamed enough to vote for Romney.

Joel Rodgers June 23, 2012 at 2:54 pm

Rommey with his limits or criticisms is much more desirable than that which occupies the WH at this time.. Since you obviously can’t tell the difference, pity you and those like minded folks. Obama is a failure, totally, at least Rommey accomplished things in life, while Obama has been a total dependent on taxpayers.

GrannySue June 26, 2012 at 9:44 pm

These people in the WHhave acted like they won the lottery ever since Hussein got elected. I find it hard to believe that there are still any people out there who would actually consider voting for him.Unbelievable is what it is.

jaydo June 24, 2012 at 10:04 am

romney is just another rothchilds puppet. JUST ANOTHER PUPPET. if you think anything else then you dont know what this world is at all

Anonna June 24, 2012 at 11:42 am

Jaydo, at least I won’t have to watch Ann Romney gunny-sack hop past a portrait of George Washington as part of “keeping it real.”

Echo4Texas June 23, 2012 at 12:39 pm

If that is the first thing that happened to make you ashamed you are a democrat you are a very slow study.

phelpschick June 24, 2012 at 7:36 am

IMAGINE if a REPUBLICAN had made this donation “serving suggestion?!!” It would be looped continuously throughout the mainstream media as “uncaring” “lacking presidential dignity” you name it. But because The One (TM) has suggested it, it’s a good idea!” Where is the continous loop of Dear Leader tripping on a flight of stairs the way they did Prez Ford? Oh wait, never mind. (crickets)

JD June 24, 2012 at 9:39 am

I don’t blame you for being ashamed to be a Dem – so change to a Republican. WE ARE NOT ASHAMED

Bob Vedari June 24, 2012 at 9:54 am

Wait – someone ashamed? You can’t be a Democrat. I’ve yet to see a Democrat ANYWHERE express shame for anything. Are you saying that there actually are decent liberals who argue and feel like normal people and not like robotic shills for a messianic megalomaniacal pumperfish and his Wicked Witch sidekick? Is that even remotely possible? How cool would that be?

Linda June 24, 2012 at 10:06 am

Ah yes, ashamed to be a dem but will still vote for Obama?????

Mr. Derp June 24, 2012 at 4:22 pm

I’m glad you did. There are many prominent conservatives who were formerly liberal/Democrats. Maybe you are waking up? Keep searching for the truth. Maybe the Dems will come to their senses someday.

Granny Jan June 22, 2012 at 4:55 pm

I hadn’t realized it was on Drudge. The Obama website is being swamped with negative comments which will probably be removed soon.

RickW June 22, 2012 at 4:59 pm

It does make you take pause though and ask: “Who thinks of this cr@p?” Whats next, an appeal for first borns? Its like the 1930, with Germans being told to pledge their allegiance to hitler.

blondie June 22, 2012 at 5:41 pm

Some are being removed,so they must be over the top,because the ones I’m reading are hysterical. Seriously,is this a joke?

hww June 23, 2012 at 9:10 am

YES, BARACK is a joke………….

Morris65 June 23, 2012 at 2:02 pm

Except the jokes on US(A)!

rdeed June 23, 2012 at 10:29 am

You can send them (barry and his babe) all the emails you wish. With extreme naraccists as this, they won’t understand peoples dislike, distrust, and disgust!!

Faithful_Patriot June 23, 2012 at 10:53 am

I tried to leave a comment on the OBAMA-BIDEN 2012 website and it moved it to the left column so I could write or submit. Very Clever.

I have found liberal sites are less and less available for contrasting opinions.

“It’s the economy, stupid.” James Carville

JohnnyC June 23, 2012 at 9:18 pm

The biggest joke is the Dinner with the Obamas promotion. Man what next. Michelle Obama bibs for kids or Barack Obama antenna balls.

Al From Maine June 24, 2012 at 2:56 pm

Yes, bibs for the kids that say “Eat your veggies” or “French fries are evil”

JD June 24, 2012 at 9:44 am

The liberals do not want to hear the truth. They just want people telling them how wonderful they are. OBUMMER IS
THE BIGGEST LOSER EVER.

GO ROMNEY

David Christensen June 23, 2012 at 9:08 am

Go to the Obama website and show your displeasure. I have begun writing a short note expressing my disgust on a daily basis. I suppose I will be on the “re-education” list should the little dumb ass get reelected.

A.J. Derrick June 23, 2012 at 10:01 am

Nah, more likely a knock on your door in the middle of the night from the party animals at the Secret Service.

Anonna June 22, 2012 at 5:39 pm

I have read that in Nazi Germany the prized gift for newlyweds as a copy of Mein Kampf, though it seems no one ever read it.

The Obamites have done Hitler one better – wedding “gifts” that don’t even involve getting a copy of “Dreams About my Father.”

Susan June 22, 2012 at 6:06 pm

Probably like nobody ever read “Dreams from My Father”. I read “Mein Kampf” many years ago…frightening.

KG June 23, 2012 at 9:22 am

I would recommend following the old Kenyan tradition of sending farm animals in lieu of money and gifts.

Kinnison June 23, 2012 at 1:19 pm

Way to go Jack… What a reasoned and mature comment. It puts you right up there on the grownup scale with the LBGT whackos that had their pictures taken in the White House flipping off the official portrait of “The Gipper”. That’s Democrats for you though: class and style over all.

Anonna June 23, 2012 at 1:21 pm

What’s racist, Jack? Kenya is a very interesting nation and all over the world farm animals are valuable items to give as gifts.

jaydo June 24, 2012 at 10:03 am

hes not kenyan his father was Frank Marshall Davis, a Communist Party USA propagangist. research “dreams from my REAL father” which just came out. and his mom was a cia prosititue whose got naked pictures all over the net right now and who conveniantly died right before his election. bill clintons mom was a prostitute as well as she to died conveniantly before the election. the GLORY of the Cocaine Import Agency huh? What a country. Thanks media you did your job but your not on the winning team if your not Pharoah blood. Hee Hee youll be joining us in the after life shortly.

Pat June 23, 2012 at 1:37 pm

Jack,
A response with such class.

Pilot.Dave June 24, 2012 at 12:28 am

What’s the passage in BHO’s book about being from Kenya? Or was that only on his college applications he sealed and the Harvard Law Review pamphlet he forgot was published?

For sure, we will not forget US Agent Brian Terry that BHO is trying like hell to cover-up the Murder his buddy Eric Holder was knee deep into.

JohnnyC June 23, 2012 at 9:10 pm

No wonder he just came out for Gay Marriage. More wedding gifts.

Stan June 24, 2012 at 1:24 pm

Not laughing at all…as a tax paying citizen fronting part of their travels and lodging…I want my money back. Is it time to opt out yet? Those that can, have.

Mr. Pink June 22, 2012 at 5:43 pm

Obama Olympic Registry

Got a gold, silver, or bronze medal coming up?

Let your fellow athletes know how important this election is to you—register with Obama 2012, and donate your Olympic medals as a gift. It’s a great way to support the President on your big day. Plus, it’s a gift that we can all appreciate—and goes a lot further than setting a new world record.

Setting up and sharing your medal registry page is easy—so get started today.

Mike c June 23, 2012 at 12:32 pm

I am beginning to think there is no way on this planet to avoid having camera loving Jug Ears and Horse Face annoying me every time I turn around.

EEBFlow June 23, 2012 at 6:56 pm

I like that! and agree that he pretty much has jug ears! LOL

Bobbie June 24, 2012 at 1:57 pm

Horses are beautiful, sensitive creatures and don’t deserve to be insulted like that!

Dave June 23, 2012 at 1:28 pm

No Jack, that is who your president is!

Karen June 23, 2012 at 7:32 pm

RickW nails it. Now I got to clean up my keyboard. Don’t ever have a mouth full of soda when reading the comments!

ralph June 23, 2012 at 7:42 pm

Amen…

ralph June 23, 2012 at 7:47 pm

Amen!!!!!

chuck June 24, 2012 at 2:21 pm

imagine that huge a$$ jsu flattening you. Yikes!

srdem65 June 22, 2012 at 4:42 pm

She’s going to lead the delegation in the grand walk as if she had something to do with the athlete’s talents and sacrifices. It’s a world stage photo-op.

Lizzy June 22, 2012 at 6:36 pm

Can you believe it to be that self absorbed and egotistical? I’ve not I
my almost 62 years seen anything like these two! Great example to the
girls.

Mike c June 23, 2012 at 12:33 pm

There is no hope for those soon to be over-exposed mini-Kardashians.

David Christensen June 23, 2012 at 9:11 am

I stopped watching the Olympics when professional athletes took to the arena. Now professional grifters will be there and it gives me another reason to not watch.

Susan June 22, 2012 at 5:00 pm

Ha! She wouldn’t even take direction on proper White House and diplomatic protocol before her husband was anointed. She has no idea what proper etiquette is. Can only imagine how many faux pas she and her “senior staff” will make in London. She’ll make a laughingstock out of America.

Keith, I like your Bahamas idea. You might as well get what you can while the gettin’ is good…before the Obamas and their fellow travelers spend it all.

Langley Spook June 22, 2012 at 5:17 pm

I’d like to be sent to South Beach, Miami so I could “study” “alcohol drinking in a tropical climate” (re: global warming)

RickW June 22, 2012 at 5:07 pm

http://obamaphone.net/ Its off topic and I apologize but……I give up. (H/T to Rush Limbaugh)

Susan June 22, 2012 at 6:45 pm

Heard about it, but couldn’t believe it. He’s actually taking credit for giving away phones paid for by the taxpayer. What chutzpah…

Obstakes June 23, 2012 at 3:42 pm

One of the many examples of this man’s mental illness and of those around him. I am paying for this program and he has his name on it? In 50 years, I have never seen such an underqualified, inexperienced POTUS. It is shameful. Thankfully, he will get his clock cleaned in Nov.

Susan June 27, 2012 at 7:29 pm

I am fifty seven years old and the first president I ever voted for was Nixon and we all know what happened there. But, in all seriousness Nixon was a much better man than Obama. Obama has done much worse things than Nixon. He has covered up fast and furious with executive priveledge and I am convinced he and Holder are involved in it up to their eyeballs. Nixon at least loved our country enough to step down rather than put it into a state of crisis.This president has shown by his behavior that he does not love our country nor most of its people. He is a user, for votes, for money, for praise to his ego but not a giver. I will vote for Romney and believe me this last three and half years with Obama have been the worst in my life. These two people Obama and his wife believe they have won the lottery and the sad part is the liberal media will stay mum about all of their indescretions, it is up to us to let our friends and nieghbors know exactly what they are doing.

Lizzy June 22, 2012 at 5:07 pm

I cannot stand much more my head has exploded so many times it’s getting
harder and harder to find all the bits:(. Was wondering where HRH was going
guess she’ll have to hug the Queen again:(

RickW June 22, 2012 at 5:11 pm

Lizzy, we are referring your head’s situation to the CSI teams from TV. The Queen? Hmmmm she is on her own….LOL

Lizzy June 22, 2012 at 5:37 pm

I believe so:)?

Mike c June 23, 2012 at 12:35 pm

The Queen has stated (through undisclosed source) that she never wants that woman near her again. (Meaning moo moo)

Lizzy June 23, 2012 at 2:04 pm

I bet she’s going to hide:)

Girly1 June 22, 2012 at 5:23 pm

Is there a potato sack race competition??? Hula hooping? Jump roping??? The only ‘competition’ the world will be watching is the face-off between the First Clown and the beautiful FLOTUS-to-be, Ann Romney. Michelle LaVaughn must be having hissy fits thinking about Mrs. Romney stealing her thunder! The UK tabloids will be having a field day – mirror, mirror on the wall – who’s the fairest of them all! The London odds-makers will be taking bets as to whether or not the Obama tribe will show up at the Equestrian events. Oh, the drama of it all! All I can say is I hope Mrs. Romney has 24 hour security around her beloved horse!

Cooper June 22, 2012 at 10:00 pm

There will be a lobster eating contest. Mooch is sure to be a lock in that one.

Mike c June 24, 2012 at 7:04 am

They need security so the horse doesn’t get “Nancy Kerrigan-ed”

blondie June 22, 2012 at 5:24 pm

Well I can’t say I’m surprised. You knew they would squeeze a vacation in there somewhere. Now we can pay for it!!

SnarkEsq. June 22, 2012 at 5:26 pm

You know, I don’t even think Moochelle will wait until the end of July for a vacation. She usually needs a girls getaway in late June. I think she’ll sneak off for one next week.

As far as the daughters going to London, I do know that I recently read somewhere that MO said both girls will be going to camp this summer. The older one has gone before, but it will be the first time for the younger one.

Sadie June 22, 2012 at 5:42 pm

I read your post too quickly and for a moment …I thought (hoped) that it was MO going to camp GitMO for the summer. Primadonna Obama could open her own camp and call it “Get MO stuff for me”.

Sadie June 22, 2012 at 6:46 pm

Oops..should have said Primadonna Obama could open “his” own camp and called it “Get MO stuff for her”.

Two grifters .. easy enough to confuse the two of them.

mirted June 23, 2012 at 9:30 am

Listen to an old song by Andy Williams called “Moon River”. You will find a line that almost sounds like “Two Grifters, off to see the world, there’s such a lot of world to seeeee”. If it’s too old for you, then google or some other search site will get you there. The song was a movie theme song as well, I think.

Anonna June 22, 2012 at 5:43 pm

These people are making my head explode so regularly that I could be the cannon in the “1823 Overture.”

Lizzy June 22, 2012 at 6:38 pm

I’m right with you in chorus.:(

Anonna June 23, 2012 at 1:25 pm

We’ll stand side by side, Lizzy! boom! boom!

I wonder what is wrong with my typing — I looked up “overture” to be certain I got that right and then said “1823!”

All that head-exploding must be taking a toll on me.

Lizzy June 23, 2012 at 2:06 pm

Yes it does take a toll gets harder to round up all the brain cells after
they’ve been spewn all over so many times.

Carol June 23, 2012 at 2:19 pm

It’s the 1812 Overture but I agree with the sentiment.

Car in June 22, 2012 at 5:50 pm

You know, I can totally see why Michelle needs to go. No one hardly notices the Olympics – or is inspired by the fitness and obviously healthy lifestyles they lead.

No, we need michelle to go and point it all out to us. PTL. Otherwise it would be such a missed opportunity.

Lizzy June 22, 2012 at 8:00 pm

Yes in one of her new ‘look at me totally inappropriate outfits’ well at least it won’t be red, white and blue and have a flag on it:)

Susan June 23, 2012 at 10:11 am

Betcha those outfits will all be sleeveless, Lizzy. So she can show off the guns she’s developed from all those push-ups ;-)

Lizzy June 23, 2012 at 11:09 am

Yes maybe some diamond studded tennis shoes in case she just has to join in on the platform to stand next to the American getting a medal you know it’s all about Michelle after all.

Disgusted June 23, 2012 at 10:41 pm

Come to think of it…Why does the first ape have “the right to bear arms” when she wants to take that right away from the rest of us????

Chloe June 24, 2012 at 6:02 pm

I’m sure she’ll take plenty of booby belts. I especially like the extra wide one with all the buckles she wore with formal attire.

sue gonzalez June 23, 2012 at 12:26 pm

No, no flag, because then she’d have to look at herself in the mirror and say, “All this for a d@mn flag” and her husband will smugly shake his head. Again.

Lizzy June 23, 2012 at 2:07 pm

Should make her carry it with her massively toned arms:)

AZ Granny June 22, 2012 at 5:53 pm

I knew MO would head off somewhere this summer for vacation but London doesn’t seem quite exotic enough when thinking of her past trip to Spain and the Safari. Do you think she’ll sneak in a 2nd vacay too?

The Preezy spoke at a Latino luncheon today. Diners were told to hurry and eat because the Secret Service needed to remove their silverware for security. The discrepancy is that he’s spoken at other venues and allowed diners to retain their silverware. It doesn’t seem the proper way to pander for votes IMHO.

srdem65 June 22, 2012 at 6:44 pm

At first glance, I thought this might have been another hoax, but it’s from Politico. Can today provide anymore laughs at the expense of the Obama campaign; first the “give your gifts to Obama” and now removing the fearsome forks from the dangerous Latinos.

They should have just given them plastic “sporks”, the same kind they give to prisoners and the mentally ill to prevent injuries. Oh, heck, they should have just served finger foods like, um, tacos.

After the shock of the Prez issuing E.P. to stop the flow of information to the Issa committee, it became a joke; no, we didn’t know anything about it, but we did and now we’re hiding it from you.

DeniseVB June 23, 2012 at 12:34 pm

I’ve followed the “Forks and Furious” chatter on twitter. No other Obama venue has required the removal of forks ! The Latino community should be insulted by this since this was a group of elected officials for heaven’s sake.

bassdaddy June 24, 2012 at 9:03 am

It’s harder all the time to know what’s true on the web. I also read that the SS determines the silverware issue at each venue based on the size of crowd, security of building, etc., and that they have called for removal of silverware at other venues, too. All Presidents have had SS do that at one time or another. According to the article I read on the web!

Cymry June 22, 2012 at 7:43 pm

Wow — must be nice to be able to go over to England at the drop of a hat. I’ve always wanted to go, myself, to see all the historical sites and go to Scotland and Ireland to look for kinfolk, but I don’t see a trip for me anytime soon.

Oh, well, I guess that if we couldn’t have the Olympics come to Chicago, the next best thing is to go to the Olympics in London. What’s the saying? “If Mohammed won’t come to the mountain, then let the mountain come to — “

Lizzy June 22, 2012 at 8:02 pm

My cousin is married to a Brit and she finally got settled in London she’s
not happy about all the crowds coming she says it’s hard enough to get
around now she refuses to drive don’t blame her.

Cymry June 22, 2012 at 9:05 pm

Lizzy, I remember when the Olympics came to Georgia. I live about an hour away from one of the venues, and I go by it every day to work during the school year. It’s still used for rowing competitions (on Lake Lanier). Needless to say, I stayed home as much as possible that summer of ’96!! I’m just glad it was the Summer Games, when school was out, so I COULD stay home, out of the traffic and crowds.

The Original June 22, 2012 at 11:56 pm

I am really upset about this. I was so looking forward to the Olympics. Now, it will be all about her. I usually really enjoy the opening ceremonies . . . but I may have to skip it this year. I am not happy!

ThinkingOnIT June 23, 2012 at 12:36 am

Remember when MO said she liked the “Your Highness” address? Here we go again. Besides she loves lording it over all us peons — her subjects — pfft.

Off subject, I know, but seems O is once again in familiar territory — He lived beyond his means on credit and such before becoming a state and then US senator, spent beyond America’s means with credit and deficits and , now his campaign is spending more than it is taking in. It’s no wonder America is so far behind the eight ball — the president doesn’t know how else to live and thus he thinks we should all live that way.

David Christensen June 23, 2012 at 9:06 am

With any luck the first mooch will stay there.

Kelly June 23, 2012 at 9:15 am

I missed the righting outrage when Laura Bush led the Olympic delegation to Italy. It couldn’t be that Keith is a biased piece of crap could it? http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,184497,00.html

sue gonzalez June 23, 2012 at 12:29 pm

The outrage comes, not from this particular trip, but from the 16 prior trips the FLOTUS has gone on in the past 3 1/2 years.

Kinnison June 23, 2012 at 1:25 pm

Well said, Sue, well said…

Lizzy June 23, 2012 at 2:09 pm

Amen not to mention the trips that we don’t know about!

Jeannieology June 24, 2012 at 7:49 am

Yes! How true I don’t remember the right being outraged when Laura went on a 4 million dollar Christmas vacation, followed by a February Aspen ski vacation, followed by an ‘I’ll tag along with hubby’ April vacation, followed by a June ‘Fried Fat Cakes’ pre-vacation/vacation, followed by an official summer vacation where Laura flew a cargo plane full of haute couture to Martha’s Vineyard 3 days ahead of hubby — dog arriving on a separate plan. Nor do I remember the right being outraged when Laura asked America to give up “a bigger piece of their pie” while Laura stood there with blueberry pie juice smeared all over her face and dripped on her $2,000 sundress! Thanks for reminding me. You’ve done me and America a great service.

Bill T June 23, 2012 at 9:19 am

MOOOchele is a joke. Everyone sees through her B.S. Thank God, this will be their last freebie! he will fade away in disgrace!!

archiel June 23, 2012 at 9:19 am

Falsus turpis pinguis bos

NVRAT June 23, 2012 at 9:25 am

Here goes another 2 million bucks to satisfy MOOOOOOchelle`s travel fix and bilk the American taxpayer. Like RickW sez, Moooooochelle will tell all athletes to send their gold and silver metals to the DNC`s Obama campaign head quarters they can keep the Bronze because there is not enough money in Bronze Metals to worry about. Oh yea, send any extra money left over from their travels to England also. How we elected such disgusting people for the WH is beyond me.

andrew musaelian June 23, 2012 at 6:17 pm

It was shear stupidty byt he lazy, entitlement desiring liberals / democraps. We will show them come November.

DENNIS June 23, 2012 at 9:28 am

MICHELLE OBAMA IS NOTHING BUT BLACK TRASH…ALWAYS IS, ALWAYS WILL BE…WHAT SHE SHOULD BE DOING IS SCOUTING OUT A PLACE IN AFRICA FOR HER AND HER HALF BREED BISEXUAL HUSBAND TO LIVE..AND THE TWO LITTLE MONKIES..
I WONDER IF BARRY AND MICHELLE CAN WORK SOMETHING OUT IN AFRICA WHERE THEY CAN GET THEIR LAW LICENSES BACK.
MICHELLE SEES HER TRAVELS COMING TO AN END SOON…THAT US STUPID TAXPAYERS HAVE BEEN PAYING FOR…

Panther June 23, 2012 at 11:07 am

HEAR, HEAR!

Anonna June 23, 2012 at 1:30 pm

This sort of racist cr*p is so unusual on Keith’s blog that I wonder if Obots come here and post it so they then can go to other blogs, link to it, and chatter and make claims about people hating Obama because of his genetic make-up.

rightmostofthetime June 23, 2012 at 6:26 pm

You are correct. Libs often post racist remarks and pretend to be conservatives.

Stan June 24, 2012 at 1:30 pm

keyboard cowboys, no doubt!

NOSFERATU June 24, 2012 at 4:02 pm

Dang Right i m a RACIST. know how that came to be???……………the black man has pushed me into it.
use to be I didn’t care one way or the other…..but after all the whining, complaining, the attitude, lack of respect for fellow man, unwillingness to get an education, behaving like low life criminals (assault, battery, murder, drug dealiing), being lazy and not willing to work, wanting to live off the government dole, etc etc. by the BLACKS………….

I’ve become a racist.

thanks blacks…..you did your job very well.

I’M A RACIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A FULL FLEDGED RACIST. NOW!!!!!!!!! GUESS WHO MADE ME THIS WAY?????? HINT: IT WAS NOT THE WHITE RACE. LOOK AT THE FILTHY COMMUNITIES YOUR WONDERFUL INTELLIGENT BLACKS LIVE IN. ANIMALS………

suellen June 24, 2012 at 7:41 am

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOSFERATU June 24, 2012 at 3:51 pm

VERY WELL STATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOSFERATU June 24, 2012 at 3:53 pm

FAT A Z Z SILVER BACK SHOULD STAY OUT TO THE USA AND TAKE HER MONKEY MAN WITH HER. THE WHITE HOUSE WILL MOST LIKELY HAVE TO BE BURNED DOWN TO GET THE STINK AND STENCH OUT.

NOSFERATU June 24, 2012 at 3:54 pm

CORRECTION: HOW READS: SHOULD STAY OUT TO THE USA.

SHOULD READ: SHOULD STAY OUT OF THE USA

@Notalemming June 23, 2012 at 9:28 am

I hope they keep her. Got that Moochello. STAY IN YOUR BELOVED EUROPE. We do not want your fat ass back here in the states. And be sure to send for the Marxist Freedom hater you married. We do not want his murdering ass here either.

andrew musaelian June 23, 2012 at 6:19 pm

Fantastic. I repeat Fantastic

NOSFERATU June 24, 2012 at 4:04 pm

I HEAR THEY HAVE A GREAT ZOO IN LONDON. PERHAPS THEY WILL PUT THE FAT A Z Z SILVER-BACK IN ONE OF THE CAGES.

gracepmc June 23, 2012 at 9:38 am

And then there will be the retinue….

Big Bob June 23, 2012 at 9:48 am

Mooooochelle just keeps on mooooching. Nothings changed.

NOSFERATU June 24, 2012 at 4:28 pm

WHAT DO YOU EXPECT BIG BOB, ALL N I 6 6 ER S ARE MOOCHERS THEY MOOCH ON THE WHITE WORKING CLASS. READ BELOW!!

Civics 101
A black kid asks his dad, “Dad, what’s democracy?” (Wait…the kid doesn’t know his Dad…let’s start over….)

A black kid asks his mom, “Mama, what’s a democracy?”
“Well, son, that’s when whites work every day so we can get all our benefits!”
“But mama, don’t the white people get pissed off about that?”
“Sure they do, but that’s called racism!”

snappercat June 23, 2012 at 9:55 am

Was there ever any doubt that the First Traveler, accompanied by friends and relations, would jet to London for a luxurious Olympics visit?

Girly1 June 23, 2012 at 9:57 am

Meanwhile, Obama taps overseas donors. ACORN International???

(from POLITICO)

“The all-consuming hunt for donors has led President Barack Obama’s campaign to England. And France. And China.

Obama is tapping the network of American citizens living outside the 50 states more than any other presidential campaign has before, with more than a dozen bundlers who have pledged to raise as much as $4.5 million.

Democrats Abroad is also working to get Obama reelected with a voter registration drive that highlights the narrow victory margins – well within the number of overseas voters – for Democratic Sens. Al Franken, Mark Begich and Jon Tester. The group is on a 27-city, 13-country bus tour through mid-July to register voters, with stops in Rome, Barcelona and Berlin.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0612/77744_Page2.html#ixzz1ychyN8Jx

Jeff June 23, 2012 at 10:02 am

If she spends the month over there her Saudi wannabe husband better foot the bill. And not from the campaign or any weddings or birthday parties either.

Paulette June 23, 2012 at 10:07 am

Both of them, actually the whole freaking family, disgust me

Dasa Hasa June 23, 2012 at 10:09 am

Any person who has any sense realizes that when money is tight you cut back on unnecessary expenses. Money is tight. This is clearly an unnecessary expense. The only logical conclusion is that these people have no sense. In addition they don’t give a damn. Their definition of Hope and Change is that they HOPE the American people are both stupid and not paying attention and that despite high unemployment and the hardship of many, they are not going to CHANGE their arrogant ways.

Xenophon10 June 23, 2012 at 10:11 am

Maybe she’ll stop by and view Churchill’s Bust to honor the special relationship
With Great Britain.

2ndprotectsall June 23, 2012 at 10:11 am

Michelle, remember what happened to Marie Antoinette?

Xenophon10 June 23, 2012 at 10:12 am

But the real question is, will she demand a Flotilla celebration on the Thames?

Keith Koffler June 23, 2012 at 1:54 pm

Possible.

Lizzy June 23, 2012 at 9:18 pm

Like Cleopatra’s barge in the movie with Liz if anyone is that old:)

Susan June 23, 2012 at 10:15 am

Yesterday, I read in a news report that Barak Obama had officially designated his wife as ambassador to the Olympics in London and that she would be attending them. The first thought that came to mind was that they wanted to overshadow or compete with Anne Romney’s involvement in the equestrian events at the Olympic games. Petty, shallow, and gauche.

T.J. June 24, 2012 at 2:31 pm

You do realize that it is somewhat of a tradition for first ladies to lead the U.S. delegation at the Olympics. Both Laura Bush and Hillary Clinton led the Olympic delegation when they were first ladies so Michelle is simply following suit. If she didn’t go, I guarantee you that Hannity, Limbaugh and 99 percent of the people on this board would be bashing her for snubbing the American athletes.

Susan June 27, 2012 at 7:47 pm

It was pretty shallow and gauche when Obama and classless Michelle were not invited to Prince Williams and Kates wedding that a month or two later they took an ostentatious trip to England clearly inviting themself not an invitation from the Queen and made a specticle of themselves. 35+ armored cars,marine one, the WH chef with his helpers, tons of secret service. The London papers said they had more of an entourage than the Queen herself has ever had. They are the most classless individuals in the office of POTUS and FLOTUS that our country has ever had to endure.and too ignorant to realize everyone is making fun of them.

Red June 23, 2012 at 10:17 am

And who will pay for this boondoggle? Yep, you guessed it, we the American taxpayer will foot the bill! Enjoy your vacation Michelle, after November that will be the end of your big airplane and free vacations!

T.J. June 24, 2012 at 2:36 pm

Yep, the same American taxpayers who paid for Laura Bush taking european vacations and African vacations wwith her daughters. The same Laura Bush who led the U.S. Olympic delegation when she was first lady. The hypocrisy on this board is stunning but then again, its all coming from Drudge so that is to be expected. Here is what the Drudge headline would say if Michelle Obama was not attending the Olympcs: “First Lady Snubs American Athletes”

Tai Pan June 23, 2012 at 10:17 am

She’s going to pick up Barrack’s gold medals. He is getting at least 4. He ran the 4 by 4 relay race by himself. He hasn’t run the race as yet but if we use the Nobel standard it’s a lock.

rightmostofthetime June 23, 2012 at 6:30 pm

He won’t even have to run the race. Never did do anything to earn the Nobel, and they aren’t asking for it back.

Suzette June 23, 2012 at 10:18 am

Of course if the daughters go, their grandmother goes too, and a few teenage friends, and one or two of Mrs. Obama’s friends…..

andrew musaelian June 23, 2012 at 6:21 pm

You can get at least 68 people on Air Force Two. Comfy for those fat asses.

betty June 23, 2012 at 10:20 am

What this article failed to say the cost of each trip to Spain and Africa cost 450 thousand dollars for each trip and there have been 19 other in first 4 years that cost has not been told us plus 14 combinded trips with the President which include two or more trips to Martha’s Vineyard and Hawaii and last vacation trip to Hawaii cost more than 4 million dollars but other trips cost not reported but every trip included a 75 thousand a month rental of Beach house that had room for 12 or more people.

Suzette June 23, 2012 at 10:25 am

Of course the United States should have an official representative in London for the opening of the Olympic Games. Normally the First Lady (any First Lady) would be a worthy a choice.
The problem is that Mrs. Obama has worn out her status because of the numerous, expensive, and showy vacations she and her family have already taken.
There’s no way she can travel to London and not have it perceived as another extravagant trip.

fantum June 23, 2012 at 10:28 am

Obama: “You can’t blow a buncha cash in Vegas…” (While Moochelle blows $424,142 taxpayer bucks in Spain.)

Barry bin Inhalin June 23, 2012 at 10:35 am

Is ‘skank’ spelled with just two ‘k’s’?

David Christensen June 23, 2012 at 6:20 pm

Depends . . . If you’re referring to Michelle Obama it’s spelled SKAAAAAAANKK

Jasonn June 23, 2012 at 10:35 am

Might as well get those expensive trips while you can, Honey. Time is short.

Mike in ConCan June 23, 2012 at 10:35 am

One final vacation?

sawgnr June 23, 2012 at 10:36 am

“The First Lady is working to turn the inspiration of the Olympic and Paralympic Games into action by getting more kids healthy and active,” —

I’m calling shenanigans on that. This is a shameless political attempt(yet again)
by Mooshell to help bolster support for that waste of skin that she is married to. How much is this trip costing us? Can we at least get a souveneir this time lady?( and I use that term verrrryy loosely)

Rhonda Watson June 23, 2012 at 10:38 am

HOW SAD…..IN ONE BREATH,THEY ARE BEGGING FOR MONEY ,AND ASKING FOR WEDDING GIFTS OR BIRTHDAY GIFT TO BE FORFEITED IN LOU OF A DONATION,BUT MICHELLE AND KIDS CAN GO TO LONDON.I HAVE NEVER BEEN TO LONDON,SPANISH RIVIERA,OR SOUTH AFRICA.DOES IT SEEM LIKE THESE PEOPLE HAVE NO GRIP ON REALITY OF WHATS HAPPENING IN THE WORLD ? IS THIS ON THE TAX PAYERS BACK ?DON’T THEY THINK THAT EVEN PEOPLE FROM OTHER COUNTRIES WOULD VIEW THIS AS DISGUSTING MISUSE OF TAX PAYERS DOLLARS.THEY HAVE NO SHAME! MAYBE THEY SHOULD FORGO THE VACATION AND CONTRIBUTE TO THE POOR CAMPAIGN FOR HER HUSBAND.

rightmostofthetime June 23, 2012 at 6:38 pm

The caps lock key is on the left hand side of your keyboard, dear.

NOSFERATU June 24, 2012 at 4:32 pm

HEY: wrongmostofthetime: SHE CAN WRITE WHAT AND HOW SHE WANTS TO WRITE. ME TOO!!!! I WRITE WHAT I WANT AND HOW I WANT TO WRITE IT. DON’T LIKE IT, THEN DON’T READ IT. IT IS CALLED FREEDOM OF SPEECH 1ST AMENDMENT TO THE CONSTITUTION. IF IT OFFENDS YOU OR ME THEN THE 1ST AMENDMENT WORKS. IT IS NOT JUST FOR LIB-TARDS AND HALLMARK CARDS. hear me now idiot????????

michelle likes spending other people's cash June 23, 2012 at 10:40 am

what a selfish, stupid, self-absorbed woman; she’s a taker, that’s for sure. I wonder if she’s proud of her country yet – or does she still need to spend a few million more dollars of other people’s money to truly feel proud?

suellen June 24, 2012 at 7:40 am

M is totally incompetent, needing 23 staff members, including her mother living in the WH, taking care of teen and preteen girtls, who, as mothers, we all know, dislike being taken care of…no one needs to pick out their clothes, not tell them to go to bed…yet, M needs ALL these people tyo get through a day..arrrgh..I defy her to do anything on her own, like buy groceries and stretching pennies to eat and buy food..like the rest of us.

Get thos SOBs out of Washington..ands keep them out forever!!!!!!!!!!

NOSFERATU June 24, 2012 at 4:34 pm

WHAT DO YOU EXPECT FROM N I 6 6 E R S??????????

Civics 101

A black kid asks his mom, “Mama, what’s a democracy?”
“Well, son, that’s when whites work every day so we can get all our benefits!”
“But mama, don’t the white people get pissed off about that?”
“Sure they do, but that’s called racism!”

Michele June 23, 2012 at 10:42 am

She’s going there partly to promote her “let’s move” endeavor? Are they flippin’ kidding? Aren’t Olympic athletes already in prime physical condition or they wouldn’t be there? OMG, what next?

andrew musaelian June 23, 2012 at 6:26 pm

If only she could “move” out of the WH or at the very least move her large butt. She has not exercised since was seen walking around spain on taxpayer dollars. Man, these people are sick

suzy000 June 23, 2012 at 10:43 am

I blame 53% of America for this waste of tax dollars. Americans are hurting…can’t pay their bills…lost their homes and then we have to read this? It is uncalled for and the Obama’s should be ashamed of themselves for expecting hard working tax payers to pay for their vacations.

Girly1 June 23, 2012 at 10:44 am

Susan, my thoughts exactly! What a coincidence – two days after the Romney horse qualifies for the U.S. team! The hula hoop queen could not bear the thought of being upstaged by the lovely Ann Romney and, voila, Putt places a crown on her head! I really hope the Royal family snubs HRH this time around. They were incensed when OBAMA used David Cameron as the drawing card for the Hollywood celeb fundraising State dinner a few months ago. Tacky, tacky, tacky There is no limit as to what these shameless grifters will do to promote themselves. Ann Romney is just the person to put the First Sweat Hog in her place – can hardly wait for the games to begin!

BigBoa June 23, 2012 at 11:58 am

Hey,,,,

That’s KING Putt to YOU, mister…..

Judith L. Swearingens June 23, 2012 at 10:51 am

It is not clear to you why we should send a delegation to the Olympics. Indeed, why do we not boycott them altogether. It’s not as if they are in
any way important on a global basis. I’m sure that by your lights, the money
would be better spent in vote supression right here at home in the Good Old
US of A and other GOP projects.

Susan June 23, 2012 at 11:26 am

What you call “vote suppression” I call voter integrity. Does the left really believe that requiring a photo id is voter suppression? Yes, they do. Their constituent zombies, pets, and illegal aliens can’t cast multiple votes in multiple states if they have to show a photo id. Hence, the charge of voter suppression.

rob f June 23, 2012 at 11:45 am

it’s beyond me that they really think or believe there is any integrity to the left.

Janna June 23, 2012 at 4:22 pm

labillyboy that earns a standing ovation in my book…well said!!

Janna June 23, 2012 at 4:24 pm

I have to show ID to rent a DVD from Blockbuster….is that RACIST????

labillyboy June 23, 2012 at 12:41 pm

Yes we do want to suppress the vote…

- for illegals
- for the dead
- for people’s pets
- of those who vote more than once
- of those who steal others identities to vote
- of those intentionally voting in the wrong location
- of felons
- of party hacks who find ballots in their trunk

and all others who are not eligible to vote.

Requiring a gov’t issued photo ID to vote only suppresses the vote of those who are trying to vote illegally. The leftist/socialist mantra of calling this “voter suppression” and “racist” follows their inability to reason in fact and to resort to name calling when they don’t have an argument.

Anonna June 23, 2012 at 9:13 pm

And remember that NAACP official who voted for 14 people — 10 were dead, I believe — they got her because her DNA was on the envelope from licking the glue. Now, what’s racist about stopping her from doing that little game again?

NOSFERATU June 24, 2012 at 4:37 pm

NAACP!!!!!!!!!!!! NEGGAS AIN’T ACTING LIKE COLORED PEOPLE.

NOSFERATU June 24, 2012 at 3:57 pm

ONLY NI G G ERS ARE ALLOWED TO USE VOTER INTIMIDATION.

PHILADELPHIA: THE BLACK N I G G ER PU S S Y CATS. NUFF SAID.

LaurenceK June 23, 2012 at 10:54 am