Obama Schedule || Monday, May 21, 2012

by Keith Koffler on May 20, 2012, 9:07 pm

9:00 am CT || Participates in an International Security Assistance Force meeting on Afghanistan; McCormick Place, Chicago, Illinois
1:20 pm CT || Meets with NATO Secretary General; McCormick Place, Chicago
3:30 pm CT || Holds a press conference; McCormick Place, Chicago
5:05 pm CT || Departs Chicago
6:30 pm CT || Arrives Joplin, Missouri
8:15 pm CT || Delivers remarks at the Joplin High School Commencement Ceremony; Missouri Southern State University
9:20 pm CT || Departs Joplin, Missouri
12:50 am ET || Arrives White House

Sadie May 21, 2012 at 3:40 am

Oh my ..a sixteen-hour day and not a single fundraiser.

langley spook May 21, 2012 at 7:27 am

16 hr day = Obama will be “off” Tues/Wed.

I wonder if anyone in the WH ‘press corp’ (besides our beloved Keith) has the brains or balls to mention the weakness of “Obama’s daily schedule”; re: all that empty time in Obama’s schedule, what the h#ll does Obama do all day?

Drew May 21, 2012 at 9:30 am

You don’t even have to editorialize the vapidness of Obama’s workload. Just compare and contrast Obama’s joke schedule with W’s serious POTUS schedule and let the reader draw their own conclusion.

I would love to see a web page with obama’s schedule and W.’s schedule from 4 years previous next to each other on the same page. Now that would be entertaining!

Rick May 21, 2012 at 7:43 am

Sadie, I suspect he’ll be posing for pictures with the Joplin grads for a fee!

Just2old May 21, 2012 at 6:51 am

Hasn’t Joplin been through enough this past year?

Robin H May 21, 2012 at 7:36 am

Agreed. I’d rather have someone uplifting to speak to those kids. Obama will probably blame the tornados on the evil republicans.

Mari May 21, 2012 at 8:41 am

My first thought exactly!

Lizzy May 21, 2012 at 11:21 am

Just a photo op for votes in a swing state hate to be cynical but that’s
dear leader.

Rick May 21, 2012 at 7:41 am

I read someplace last week that the G8 summit was Chicago’s “consolation prize” for Barry not being able to get them the Olympics. Considering whats already happened there and the strong possibility it will get worse, the folks out there have a lot to be thankful to him for!

JustSayin May 21, 2012 at 7:47 am

Things that make you go , “hmmmmmm”.

A president (and his wife) up for reelection appearing at colleges, high schools, bases —- over and over — anywhere audience attendance is just short of mandatory. Could it be that a fear that adult brains are experienced enough to disseminate the BS from the truth?

creeper May 21, 2012 at 7:55 am

More likely it’s an attempt to convince people of Barry’s “overwhelming” support.

Boo May 21, 2012 at 10:11 am

Like the “overwhelming” support a few weeks ago at Ohio State University. A half-filled arena blamed on a movie premiere……or something.

Steve May 21, 2012 at 10:48 am

More like Little Barry’s handlers trying to convince Barry that he still has support.

creeper May 21, 2012 at 7:52 am

Welcome back, Keith. Hope the quality time with Mom was fun. You missed some minor scandals but I’m sure our pols will produce more.

jerry May 21, 2012 at 9:31 am

His visit to Chicago should make getting to work and home a nightmare.
And make the protesters more hot headed…..

Just2old May 21, 2012 at 9:43 am

I think a lot of Chicagoins left town for the duration of the event.

Susan May 21, 2012 at 9:45 am

Hope you had a great weekend with your Mom Keith. Just to catch you up on a few items in the news – RIP Disco era icon, Bee Gees Robin Gibb, who passed away on Sunday; OWS doing their master’s bidding in Chicago; crybaby Boehner comparing our representatives to frogs in a wheelbarrow; Cory Booker defending Bain Capital from Obama attack ads…at least until the Chicago thugs twisted his arm and made him cry uncle. Just another beautiful weekend out here in Ameritopia.

Lizzy May 21, 2012 at 11:14 pm

Thanks for mentioning Robin Gibb RIP. Seems like my youthful icons
are going too soon. Makes the protests of my day look tame. These are paid mobs. Well I’m going to slap on my IPod and take a stroll
down memory lane. Stayin Alive! Thanks Robin for an everlasting
legacy of music that won’t be repeated. Sorry I’m off topic feeling blue.

Girly1 May 21, 2012 at 9:52 am

N.C. teacher tells high student he could be arrested for talking badly about Obama! Shocking nine-minute audio tape:

Sadie May 21, 2012 at 3:26 pm

Team up the N.C. teacher with the one in Ca. that had the kids singing praises to dear leader.Oh, did I say team up – I meant cell up. They both should be in a 8 x 12.

anneinarkansas May 21, 2012 at 10:08 am

I live southeast of Joplin in Arkansas…he may not be so popular there in that part of Missouri…he surely would not be welcome here to give a commencement address.
Did he invite himself, as like Barnard College?

cindy lu May 21, 2012 at 5:26 pm

how did the press conference go? or is he really really late? :P