As is well known, the Obama 2012 campaign has chosen “Forward!” as its campaign slogan. The slogan has been criticized as eerily Commie-sounding, since it shares the name with several Communist publications.
Whether a good idea or not, the slogan was the result of an intense process in which many alternate ideas were considered and discarded before the campaign settled on “Forward.” In an effort to obtain these rejected ideas, White House Dossier attempted to file a Freedom of Information Act request.
After the Freedom of Information Act people finished laughing at White House Dossier, White House Dossier turned to its mole inside the Obama campaign, a ruthlessly dishonest and sneaky person – that is, a really good source – who went and got us the list.
What follows are the top ten slogans discarded by the Obama campaign before settling on “Forward.”
1. Vote for Obama
2. Pot in Every Chicken
3. It’s Sunset in America
4. Nixon Now!
5. What Would Jesus Do – Vote for Romney or for Himself?
6. Workers – and Other Key Demographics – Unite!
7. Vote Obama or Get Audited
8. There’s Still More Wealth to Spread Around
9. If They Can Do it in China, We Can Do it Here
10. On Your Marx, Get Set, Go!
Are you aware of any discarded Obama 2012 slogans?