Obama Admits Making Up Incident with Girlfriend

by Keith Koffler on May 2, 2012, 8:59 pm

Obama biographer David Mariness discovered that a scene with a white girlfriend portrayed in the Obama book Dreams From My Father never happened. Obama says it was another girlfriend, and that he was combining several girlfriends into a “composite” character.

According to Politico:

During an interview in the Oval Office, Obama acknowledged that, while Genevieve was his New York girlfriend, the description in his memoir was a “compression” of girlfriends, including one who followed Genevieve [Cook] when he lived in Chicago.

The incident was a scene in which the white girlfriend asked after seeing a play “why black people were so angry all the time.” Obama told Mariness:

“That was an example of compression I was very sensitive in my book not to write about my girlfriends, partly out of respect for them. So that was a consideration. I thought that [the anecdote involving the reaction of a white girlfriend to the angry black play] was a useful theme to make about sort of the interactions that I had in the relationships with white girlfriends.

Obama acknowledged use of composite characters in the introduction to the book.

Politico’s post is drawn from a Vanity Fair excerpt of the Obama biography. The VF piece focuses on Obama’s romantic relationships.

srdem65 May 2, 2012 at 9:42 pm

Composite my patootie. There was no Obama girlfriend, much less a “compression” of the attributes and attitudes of girlfriend(s).

Anonna May 2, 2012 at 9:51 pm

So he made this up to protect his gfs’ identity? I think he made it up to buy himself some cheap street cred.

Andy from Beaverton May 2, 2012 at 10:03 pm

I still think Jack Cashill is closer to the truth than anyone else. The girlfriend in ‘Dreams From My Father’ is really Bill Ayers girlfriend Diana Oughton. http://cashill.com/intellect_fraud/improvised_odyssey.htm

Wigglesworth May 2, 2012 at 10:04 pm

What a fraud!

Robin H May 2, 2012 at 10:11 pm

Remember when Oprah’s book club read A Million Pieces and then found out the non-fiction book was a lie? Didn’t the publisher have to refund money to anyone who wanted it? Do you think this will get the same reaction? I know, rhetorical question.

Granny Jan/Janice May 2, 2012 at 10:13 pm

I don’t know what to make of this. Why was the NY girlfriend silent until now? Some of what she writes about him rings true especially his wearing a blue and white sarong. lol

I have to wait until Jack Cashill weighs in on this. Someone already picked up on something unusal. The girl and Barack both used the word “assuage” in their self-important writings. Probably just a coincidence….

SnarkEsq. May 3, 2012 at 1:05 am

That part about the sarong really cracked me up!

Funny that you mention his use of “assuage”. I noticed that word myself and considering his mistakes like “corpsemen”, I find it hard to believe that at the age of 22 he wrote the letters that I just read at Breitbart. It looks to me like he was plagiarizing from somewhere in an attempt to impress his girlfriend. At the age of 50, BHO does not possess the vocabulary displayed in those letters. So I doubt he did at 22 years old.

There’s some interesting info there about how all his friends were Pakistani and how he had had an outsider’s international view, but had to reshape his image for political reasons. Not surprisingly, he was as pretentious and narcissistic as he is now.

Also, Lynn Sweet had an interesting article about his book and use of “composite” characters from way back in August 2004, after the superstar spoke at the DNC convention before he was elected Senator. (She reprinted the piece in February 2007 when he was running for President):

One more – Sweet’s post about the book today:

(Keith, hope you don’t mind all the links! YOUR site is still my all time, must read several times a day favorite!)

Keith Koffler May 3, 2012 at 7:08 am

Snark – links are great, always trying to get good info to my readers.

Robin H May 3, 2012 at 8:18 am

He was living in a 3 bedroom rent controlled NY apartment? Wow, he had to have found some long string to pull that off. I assume from reading Sweets latest article that he shared it with others. Do we know who these others are? Where was he working at the time? Why doesn’t anyone investigate him? AAARRRGG! So frustrating.

Shofar May 3, 2012 at 9:10 am

Snark – Great links, thanks.

Quintis Arrius May 3, 2012 at 12:47 pm

SnarkEsq.
I just read the passage in the link you posted above. I thought I was a smart guy. Turns out the opinning on how Eliot was juxaposing his views of a moribund Europe within his writings of poetry comparisons with Yeats and Pound really were important for Obama.
Now, I wish I didn’t take Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry on my way to Med school. I could have just regurgitated this pap and gone on to Harvard Law. Oh snap!

Quintis Arrius May 3, 2012 at 12:52 pm

And one more thing…According to the “Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy” never,never, ever listen to Vogone Poetry. After reading the mentioned passage from Obama to his “girlfriend”, add “Obama love letters” to that warning.

Jack May 2, 2012 at 11:30 pm

and the country to keep spending a few more trillions to treat the delusional sexual fantasies of this troubled individual.

Brenda May 3, 2012 at 12:52 am

At this point in his life I don’t even think Obama knows which way is up.

Mr. T. May 3, 2012 at 1:37 am

Just one of the many “composites” of his sketchy youth…like how he was a White Sox fan and attended games at “Cominskey Field.”

The Original May 3, 2012 at 1:43 am

How many lies has he said in the last 3.5 years? He and MO have different stories on how they met. So what makes a guy stretch the truth like he does when he doesn’t need to do so?

Girly1 May 3, 2012 at 8:39 am

‘Genevieve’ states that when she told Buh-rock that she loved him, he said: “Thank you.” The consummate narcissist!

I find it difficult to correlate the beautifully written words attributed to BHO with his so very inarticulate ‘speechifying’ when he is off the prompter! None of it jibes!

Also, I find it impossible to believe that this self-described soul-searching, introspective, complex young man could have ever married a woman resembling the creature from the Black Lagoon with a personaliity to match!
It doesn’t jibe!

IMO, Barack Hussein Obama is a figment of Barry Soetoro’s imagination – greatly enhanced by several years worth of coccaine! His life is nothing more than a composite.

Girly1 May 3, 2012 at 8:39 am

It doesn’t jibe!

Shofar May 3, 2012 at 8:50 am

CIC=Compositor in Chief?

Is POTUS a composite of what he (or his handlers) thinks the nation wants?

rolldog May 3, 2012 at 10:02 am

I don’t think you are far from the truth. To me, BO doesn’t appear to have any real convictions. He does what he is told to do, down to being told what to say by TOTUS.

Girly1 has some good points. These letters just don’t jibe with the BO we know today.

gracepmc May 3, 2012 at 11:41 am

Composite or not she’s lucky she got away. Check out the Life of Julia on the Obama Biden website.

gracepmc May 3, 2012 at 1:25 pm

Keith, I hope this link is ok. There is an absolutely creepy Life of Julia thing — talk about composites. Since I never link or click or barely do more than peep at anything Obama, here is a good summary of those who might be interested http://townhall.com/tipsheet/kevinglass/2012/05/03/cradle_to_grave_the_obama_campaigns_fantasy_for_american_life
Be warned — this whole Julia is creepy,creepy, creepy. And for you guys, maybe there is a Mr. Julia but I don’t see him.

Jesse May 4, 2012 at 11:59 am

Obama is the ultimate composite: kinda white, kinda black, kinda Christian, kinda Muslim….all commie!

Jack May 4, 2012 at 3:03 pm

Barack is a composite, but made up for him, not by him! He is a fake!

Stephen C. May 4, 2012 at 9:10 pm

Aren’t biographies done on individuals who have actually done something?

indipete May 5, 2012 at 8:36 am

As usual, Obama is full of BS. In what was supposed to be a factual account, he had no need, undisclosed to the readers, to create a “composite.” For any particular point, he simply didn’t have to identify the girl — assuming he remembered her name.

Noobama2012 May 5, 2012 at 12:53 pm

Obama is gay and didn’t have any girlfriends.
No girlfriend has ever stepped forward because there aren’t any!

JimGalt May 6, 2012 at 1:11 pm

He tells a very detailed autobiographical story in”Dreams…” about a date where he attended a play with his white girlfriend in NY that ends in a nasty breakup over her lack of understanding about the “BLACK RACE” . Liberal literary elites can twist this “compression memoir” any which way they want. HE LIED! More importantly, he lied about an non-event that if believed, would only serve to divide whites and blacks by reinforcing stereotypes and breeding hatred. Obama is very intelligent. He had to know using “compression” this way was an improper writing concept. To coin a phrase,
” HE ACTED STUPIDLY!”