Carney Indirectly Rebuts Rosen, But Doesn’t Condemn

by Keith Koffler on April 12, 2012, 2:14 pm

White House Press Secretary Jay Carney today offered a mild rebuttal to Democratic operative and Obama adviser Hilary Rosen, noting that mothers who raise children at home have a tough job.

Rosen remarked last night that Ann Romney had “not worked a day in her life,” eliciting storm of protests from backers of Mitt Romney.

“I think we can all agree– Democrats and Republicans — that raising children is an extremely difficult job,” said Carney.

But Carney acknowledged that he had not talked to President Obama about the remark.

Carney did not criticize Rosen, though he did seek to minimize reports of her influence in the White House, saying that 35 reported visits by “Hilary Rosen” to the White House may not have all been the Hilary Rosen in question.

And Carney ran down a seemingly unrelated list of steps Obama has taken to help working women, using the controversy to pivot into a recitation of one of the key Obama campaign themes – that the president is better for women than Mitt Romney.

anneinarkansas April 12, 2012 at 2:17 pm

Rosen stepped in it and should be condemned for what she said….JJ went on then to brag on what Bam has done for women.
Read Dr. Keith Ablow on Fox New..he explains Rosen for what she and others like her stand for…resentment of feminine women.

Star April 12, 2012 at 2:31 pm

Well, I am not sure on that Ablow, but Rosen is one of quite a few “power lesbians” that wield power in DC–not sure if she has kids. It was a ridiculous remark…

WM April 12, 2012 at 2:59 pm

She has kids, adopted, and partner. Now they are trying to say she is being attacked because she’s lesbian. Hmmm, yeah, couldn’t be because she said something totally offensive that people disagree with.

Just2old April 12, 2012 at 2:23 pm

Carney is a wanker.
Uh? Either were the plethora of visits by George Soros….

Mike C April 12, 2012 at 5:27 pm

watching Carney-boy hem & haw is past the point of ridiculous. I don’t know how you keep from laughing out loud, Keith.
And the double standard vis a vis Rush & Sandra? Vomit inducing.

Keith Koffler April 12, 2012 at 8:42 pm

I do laugh out loud sometimes and get dirty looks in the briefing room.

Lizzy April 13, 2012 at 3:21 am

How can you not he just really defies belief some days. You could ask him a yes/no question and he can wonder so far off the reservation I think he gets lost hence the rambling trying to wiggle
out of what he was told to say. It’s funny and frustrating for most of the press I’m sure.

Bob April 14, 2012 at 5:32 pm

KK ‘lolling’ in the White house briefing room…produce pics, or audio or it never happened…

HTuttle April 12, 2012 at 2:29 pm

But she’s correct! The average housemom has to actually balance a budget so has no clue how government deficit finances work!

srdem65 April 12, 2012 at 2:36 pm

Excuse me while I try to stop laughing at the thought of liberal Dems trying to scape this mess off the table at the same time they issue compliments to MrsRomney.

Girly1 April 12, 2012 at 2:54 pm

Pot calls kettle…

HILLARY ROSEN LEAVES JOB IN 2003 TO STAY HOME WITH ADOPTED TWINS

AZ Granny April 12, 2012 at 3:05 pm

Hiliary Clinton said instead of having a career she could have stayed home and baked cookies. Theresa Heinz Kerry said Laura Bush, a teacher and librarian, didn’t have a real job. Sarah Palin was criticized for working instead of being a stay at home mom. Which brings us to Ann Romney, a stay at home mom, who Hiliary Rosen criticized for not working, not understanding women’s struggles and not understanding the economy. I think the Dems are scared of Romney, they know Obama has no record to run on, has accomplished nothing but pushing through that awful health care bill that means Grandma has to take a pill instead of receiving treatment and most of all, Obama single handedly has made the recession worse though his policies.

Star April 12, 2012 at 3:11 pm

Well, their “message” is sure getting tangled, isn’t it? Interesting to watch.

MichelleIndependent April 12, 2012 at 5:06 pm

I think the Dems are really frightened of ANN Romney because she has class and intellect and conducts herself as a FLOTUS should.

Most people can see Ann in the FLOTUS role. She will be a natural at it.

She will make a great FLOTUS and provides a stark contrast to pushy MOOch, who sits with her legs apart and lectures everyone.

Ann has class; Michelle does not.
Ann is intelligent; Michelle filled a quota.

LivnLaVidaBroka April 12, 2012 at 7:20 pm

I totally agree with you. Ann makes Mooch look like the sow’s ear that she is. Ann is the silk purse Michelle could NEVER be.

Stephen C. April 12, 2012 at 7:59 pm

“a stark contrast to pushy MOOch, who sits with her legs apart and lectures everyone.”

Thanks M.I. you’ve ruined my dinner.
But I’m having gut busting laugh.

Mike C April 12, 2012 at 5:34 pm

Agree, AZ Granny. It gets more obvious everyday that Obama will talk about ANYTHING except the deficit, a budget, and foreign policy.
I think he is under strict orders to stay on script in order to keep his foot out of his smarmy mouth.

Stephen C. April 12, 2012 at 7:54 pm

AZ Granny.
Thanks for refreshing my memory. Dem dum Dems sure have a problem staying on message.

AZ Granny April 12, 2012 at 8:44 pm

Stephen, you’re welcome. Glad I could be of help. LOL

It was quite a day between Rosen and the news of the Fox mole. And that mole was paid $5000 for his video. Hope he can live on it for a long time. I can’t imagine anyone hiring him knowing he could do to them what he did to Fox.

gracepmc April 12, 2012 at 3:06 pm

Many people believe that given enough rope Obama and his pals would …And they seem to do so with increasing regularity. Works for me. Rosen is getting called out and deservedly so. Ann Romney stood up and defended herself and her choices. And she did it with dignity and without apology. Good for her. Best I’ve read so far is at The Anchoress blog. Dumb of Obama to wade in yet again with his comment about Michelle working and their not having the “luxury” of it being otherwise. And how can one not savor the pure irony that Rosen was picked to advise Debbie W-S on her PR. Like I said rope …

Star April 12, 2012 at 3:13 pm

He did-UNT! His mother-in-law, the way I get the story, did the child rearing while wifey was at her sinecure.

Girly1 April 12, 2012 at 3:19 pm

Funny, how MOOchelle Obama’s salary went from $70K/year to $317/K immediately after he gifted the U of C Medical Center with a $1M check, courtesy of Illinois taxpayers! Funnier yet is the fact that her old ‘job’ has never been filled!

Romney made his $$$ the old-fashioned way – he earned it!

Janna April 12, 2012 at 3:25 pm

I DOUBLE DOG DARE anyone who has ever stayed at home with a child, full time, to say it is not work!!
Bring it!!!

Stephen C. April 12, 2012 at 8:03 pm

No way, I’m not that dumb.

Girly1 April 12, 2012 at 3:26 pm

Speaking of Debbie W-R, she was in L.A. last week and appeared on talk radio with our fiercest Obama critic. Evidentally her staff did not advise her that she was going into enemy territory with Doug McIntyre.

This is delicious!

Suzanne April 12, 2012 at 4:20 pm

Love it!!! Unreal!!!

Mike C April 12, 2012 at 5:37 pm

I WISH prom-queen Debbie was a stay at home mom so I would not have to look at her ugly self.

65andcounting April 12, 2012 at 4:02 pm

Last week Obama said “We didn’t have the luxury for Michelle not to work”. You do the math and decide how disingenuous our president is:

In 2005, when Obama began serving in the U.S. Senate (and his daughters turned 4 and 7), he and his wife were earning a combined annual income of $479,062. Barack Obama was paid a salary of $162,100 by the U.S. taxpayers, and Michelle Obama was paid $316,962 to handle community affairs for the University of Chicago Medical Center.

MarjoJimbo April 12, 2012 at 4:02 pm

I started listening to him and just couldn’t continue. It sounded so scripted. Did he have a teleprompter to help him?

Susan April 12, 2012 at 5:10 pm

This is fun to watch. Reminds me of the rimshots Obama kept missing with his “face ball” on Monday. Obama and his lackeys missed another rimshot with the “war on women” they have been setting the stage for. How long before Hillary Rosen finds out what it’s like to be under Obama’s bus?

A good many women in Obama’s base are “stay at home moms”. A mother who depends on the state to provide for her children, probably has “not worked a day in her life” either. He better say something before he loses that voting block too.

srdem65 April 12, 2012 at 6:11 pm

Fun, yes. It’s so satisfying to listen to them squirm and weasel with denials and mock horror.

Stephen C. April 12, 2012 at 7:49 pm

I learned early in my life to never say a stay at home Mom never worked a day in her life. Hey it is very hard to be a domestic engineer. The only pay is the love of helping your children grow into being PRODUCTIVE ADULTS. Anybody that says Moms never worked a day in their life are just plain narrow minded nitwits.

Barama Oback April 12, 2012 at 8:14 pm

Keith, I’m thinking about saying something really offensive about ___________ (you fill in the blank) and tomorrow if I get negative feedback I’ll just apologize. I sure hope most of my devoted followers hear the former and not the latter. If so Mission Accomplished
Sincerely,
Barama Oback

MadeInMichigan April 12, 2012 at 8:37 pm

I was not sure about Mitt, but now that he is probably the nominee, I will back his campaign 100% because of the wonderful woman he is married to! Ann Romney is the total opposite of the woman who resides in the WH and will bring respect and class back to the people’s house.

AZ Granny April 12, 2012 at 8:46 pm

Yes, Ann surely will. I can’t imagine her ever rolling around on the rug in the East room, dripping with sweat or having a sack race or hula hoop contest with Jimmy Fallon. Once these grifters are gone, respect and dignity will be restored in the WH.

Barama Oback April 12, 2012 at 11:46 pm

Jimmy Fallon? Isn’t he the court jester in the “OblameBush’” court?

Girly1 April 12, 2012 at 8:46 pm

It’s a well-known, documented fact (See the Obama Files) that MOOshelle Obama wanted to be a SAH mother! She came close to divorcing Obama because he would not utilize his law degree by going into a high-priced law firm…preferring to organize. She deeply resented working and bringing home the bacon! She always had that ‘entitlement’ thing! Nothing was too good for her! She wanted to keep up with her upwardly mobile friends – all of whom were married to men more successful than Obama!

SHE was the one who insisted on the $1.7M Hyde Park place – even though they couldn’t afford it. She wanted to put on the dog. I honestly think Obama would have been happy in a double wide – he had other things in mind…and still does!

Will we ever find out why she volunarily surrendered her law license? I think not.

Girly1 April 12, 2012 at 8:59 pm
QueenOfScott April 12, 2012 at 9:25 pm

Someone HAS to carry their water (and die under the bus). Next!

Barama Oback April 12, 2012 at 11:51 pm

If the tires on the bus are properly inflated, as someone in Washington has stressed, then the victims death will be much more efficient.

QueenOfScott April 12, 2012 at 10:16 pm
Keith Koffler April 12, 2012 at 10:28 pm

Thanks for letting us know about this – great one.

Barama Oback April 12, 2012 at 11:55 pm

Read the article earlier today and fully agree that this is what most people feel.

Barama Oback April 13, 2012 at 12:09 am

Obama: “But the fact of the matter is, I think if you look at my track record, I’m raising a family here. When we travel, we got to travel through Secret Service, and Air Force One, that’s not my choice. I think most folks understand how hard I work and how hard this administration is working on behalf of the American people.”
“that’s not my choice.”

You believe this crap, it was his choice to be President, he ran for office and was elected. He wasn’t forced to run, or was he?

WM April 13, 2012 at 6:29 pm

And most citizens would understand and respect that taking vacation upon vacation is an insult to the struggling people who are paying you. Most citizens, I dare say, would keep their vacations not only to a bare minimum (one to none), but would actually vacation in the country.

Claire April 12, 2012 at 11:32 pm

See where they get it wrong, is I am a working mother – because I have to- the gas prices, the food prices, the taxes, all the added fees now in schools, the rising cost of the “healthy” school lunches, the rising cost of clothes,rising health care costs, etc. Because my husband is educated and makes a good living – we are damed if I don’t work, living on a string because he is educated and has a good job we get taxed to the hilt. To make ends meet -I need to work to pay for everything else. How I would love a simple flat tax – get rid of stadium taxes, entrainment taxes, gas taxes, etc… and allow prices to come down some and allow me to stay at home and have the full time job to nurture my kids and not have the school and after care programs and anyone else do it for me. Hooray for the Romey’s for figuring it all out and doing it the way that they did

Owen Kellogg April 13, 2012 at 9:10 am

What hypocrites! Four years ago, these same Democrats were harshly condemning Sarah Palin for running for VP (i.e. working) instead of staying at home with her kids. The Double-Standard of the Self-Anointed strikes again.

WM April 13, 2012 at 6:36 pm

I’m a triple whammy to these people. I am a homemaker, homeschooler, and am self employed. They hate me. I know, because I sit back very quietly and listen to them condemn anyone who dares not to fit into their mold of what a woman and mother is supposed to be. I just let them go on and on, and then I quietly get up and leave the room without arguing. Gets them every time. lol Therefore, this woman’s comments did nothing but make me laugh. The longer you let them talk without interrupting, the deeper the ditch they dig.

Bob April 14, 2012 at 5:37 pm

“Comment moderation is enabled.”

WTF!!!!
No moderators was what made this website so awesome.
IT WAS GOOD WHILE IT LASTED…*cruise control*