Happy Passover!

by Keith Koffler on April 6, 2012, 4:36 pm

May everyone who is celebrating Pesach enjoy their Seder. And  my best wishes also to all who are observing Good Friday.

May God’s blessings be with everyone on this holiday weekend.

Well, I have just a couple of hours to have my last sandwich for eight days, so I’ve got to run. See you tomorrow!

Keith

Comment moderation is enabled. Your comment may take some time to appear.

Moe April 6, 2012 at 4:45 pm

Happy Passover Keith, enjoy your sandwich.

Susan April 6, 2012 at 4:51 pm

May God bless you and yours Keith. My prayers to the Santorum family, and daughter Bella who was admitted to the hospital today. Thoughts and best wishes for her speedy recovery.

Cernan Sixtyeight April 6, 2012 at 5:02 pm

As my family celebrates Pesach, we thank President Obama for fighting for our individual religious freedoms. With the President at the helm, we know we can win Santorum’s and the Catholic Bishop’s war against religious freedom.

Hag Samayach!

Granny Jan/Janice April 7, 2012 at 1:46 am

Hope you get better soon.

DeniseVB April 6, 2012 at 5:45 pm

Lovely thoughts Keith, back at you.

We had a Good Friday Miracle here in Virginia Beach today. No fatalities reported (so far) from the F/18 crash.

anneinarkansas April 6, 2012 at 6:15 pm

Happy Passover Keith,
Thank you for the Easter wishes.
You make my day everyday.

Mark Holbrook April 6, 2012 at 7:53 pm

Keith– And the same to you! Glad you threw political correctness to the winds and actually used the words Passover and Good Friday. Our city sent out a publication that referred to today as “Trash Collection Holiday” to designate no trash pick up today. Needless to say, they have heard from many of the locals including those who will be eating unleavened bread in celebration of Passover today. America works when righteous people to the right thing.

AZ Granny April 6, 2012 at 8:25 pm

Thank you, Keith, for the Easter wishes and for all that you do. Happy Passover!

Stephen C. April 6, 2012 at 9:18 pm

Best regards Keith, enjoy the moments.

James Locke April 6, 2012 at 11:11 pm

Happy Pesach to the Koffler House!
And Shabbat Shalom!
(Y’know, we opened the door this year and I half-expected someone to be standing there)

The Original April 7, 2012 at 12:58 am

Best wishes for great Passover blessings to you Keith! God bless you!

srdem65 April 7, 2012 at 1:25 am

Sometimes the differences between Jews and Christians don’t seem so far apart when sacred observances coincide. I wish all a weekend of peace and prayer.

The remark about the “last” sandwich reminded me of a time when Catholics were forbidden to eat meat on Fridays. In the community I lived in at the time, people of all religions thought that was a good idea so fish or mac and cheese were standard dinner fare in all households on Fridays.

Swedish lady April 7, 2012 at 2:10 am

Keith, a Happy Passover to you and your family and thank you for your blog. There are not many journalists out there like you.
I also wish you all here a Happy Passover/Good Easter. I delight in your comments every time I go here. It´s morning here and I will soon start preparing the Easterbrunch which includes a lot of eggs painted in various pastelcolours. And of course I will make köttbullar, Swedish meatballs.

Granny Jan/Janice April 7, 2012 at 2:13 am

I wish everyone a Happy Passover and Easter. It hasn’t been been very happy for me with our country and Israel’s political situation….just scary and sad actually. I pray a year from now things will be better.

Girly1 April 7, 2012 at 7:51 am

Thank you, Keith, and Happy Passover to you and your family! While Jews and Christians are celebrating their respective religious holy days, our racist President will appear tonight on USA cable television with a special introduction to the film, To Kill a Mockingbird. He never stops – racist to the core!

Kathy April 7, 2012 at 11:33 am

Thank you for your kind words Keith. Happy Passover to you to! I just love your blog and visit your site every day, several times a day. I really enjoy your posts, and love reading the comments, especially those of your “regulars”. Happy Passover and Happy Easter to everyone! And Best Wishes to you for continued success on your blog.

Star April 7, 2012 at 12:21 pm

I miss my church in DC so much–the beautiful Easter services with the Kennedy Center orchestra and so on–but out here the churches seem so intent on moralizing about homosexuality and so on, it alienates me. Still, even in the desert, there is a few hours of green shoots, springiness, even a whiff of hope, before the BIG HOT. So yes–Happy Easter or Passover or just Spring!

James Locke April 7, 2012 at 8:44 pm

Happy Spring, Star

Star April 8, 2012 at 12:16 pm

Thank you. Am peering out the window every hour to see if any leaves popped out of the dead-looking sticks of Mexican petunias I got from eBay. So I am an optimist, despite what people say!! My mother, who suffers from dementia, might have called it, though. She looked at my poor little sticks and remarked pleasantly–”Dead.”