Quote of the Day || March 27, 2012

by Keith Koffler on March 27, 2012, 12:02 am

“Some people say I lack the composure and discipline to be president and all I have to say to them is EFF YOUUUUUU!”

- Rick Santorum

A note from our attorneys: This is not a real quote

srdem65 March 27, 2012 at 1:46 am

It’s time for MrSantorum to join MrsPalin, MrCain and MrTrump on the bench.

Sadie March 27, 2012 at 2:17 am

Bless you Keith. My hot water heater leaked, my carpet needs replacing and you got me to LAUGH!

Star March 27, 2012 at 11:13 am

And my kid’s bike was stolen out of the yard, and even I laughed.

langley barfly March 27, 2012 at 6:39 am

stay classy Santorum… -ugh

Just2old March 27, 2012 at 7:36 am

LOL and had to spit out the coffee! One of your best Keith!

This is part of the vetting process. These guys are under enormous mental and physical pressure. Sen Santorum is tired and not handling the stress very well. Agree that it’s probably time for him to hit the bench

Shofar March 27, 2012 at 7:41 am

Maybe he’s attempting to channel the man from Missouri, Harry Truman, and use the “common man” approach. Sorry Rick, you’re too much of a pretty boy to get away with it.

Is it just me, or has politics today gotten to be more of a beauty contest than a policy contest? If there had been television in 1860 Lincoln would never have been elected.

gobnait March 27, 2012 at 8:04 am

Santorum’s getting reamed out for a mild invective while the Obama campaign is recycling Biden’s BFD moment onto a t-shirt. Go figure.

MaryOhSoContrary March 27, 2012 at 8:10 am

Well stated…the double standard is stunningly spot on.

Shofar March 27, 2012 at 8:36 am

Last Friday I got one of the Obama campaign e-mails from Axelrod with the subject heading that read, “Hell yeah, I’m for Obamacare.” Not that I consider the word all that profane, I’ve been know to drop and “F” bomb on occasion, but the double standard that has existed for so many years is ridiculous.

In July, 2006 Bush made an off the cuff remark to Tony Blair about Hezbollah. His words were reported all over the media, the actual quote being, “See the irony is that what they need to do is get Syria to get Hezbollah to stop doing this shit and it’s over.” Bush was acting “unpresidential,” and “crude.” Yet we have a VP that can’t stop putting his foot in his mouth, and a president that can’t help himself from shooting his mouth off about things when he doesn’t even have all the facts.

Oscar Wilde once said “A statesmen is a dead politician. We need more statesmen.”

Robin H March 27, 2012 at 8:42 am

“Like” a 1,000,000 times.

MaryOhSoContrary March 27, 2012 at 8:26 am

Oh the gaffe’s do continue…I mean there he was, not knowing he was “on”‘a hot mic…all beady eyed and sinister…dropping that “I’ll have more flexibility once Im done running..”. Oh wait..THIS is about Santorum, tired and frazzled, calling BS on a NYTimes reporter. To his face…got it. BIG story…but, really it’s not like Santorum’s invective will trade away our nuclear superiority..Ike Dear Leader did yesterday.

OR trade away our freedom via total state control of every aspect of our lives via ObamneyCare…which is being NOTED by Axelrod and Poofy as the “godfather of ObamaCare” but the only challenger still out there opposing ObamneyCare should take the bench? What Obama said off the cuff about our nuclear defense is pretty much the same attitude Romney has with our healthcare…get ME in office and ill be “flexible” just like back in Massachusetts…and THAT worked well didn’t it?

Susan March 27, 2012 at 9:38 am

Well said Mary.

Robin H March 27, 2012 at 8:40 am

Excuse me, he was talking to a so called reporter. Don’t we want them to stop kow-towing to the liberal media? I’d rather have someone with a little anger than someone so cold and aloof that he seems like a robot.

I will vote for whomever the Republican is, but we need to get back to issues.

Susan March 27, 2012 at 9:51 am

Exactly Robin. How many times have we beaten up our candidates for falling into every diabolical trap Obama’s sycophant press has laid for them? I’m proud of Rick for standing up to that NYT reporter.

Anonna March 27, 2012 at 9:12 am

Why is is okay for Obama’s Bots to sell a “big fucking deal” t-shirt and it’s noteworthy that Santorum said “bullshit” while confronting a reporter who was DELIBERATELY distorting a quote?

I don’t think we need to get “wee-wee-ed” up over a stray “bullshit” said in defense of good, accurate reporting.

Girly1 March 27, 2012 at 9:23 am

Laughter is the best medicine….thanks, Keith!

I say we throw all of them out and start over. As Tom Friedman said, it’s like getting a rack full of vowels in a scrabble game – you just toss them back into the pile and pick new ones. And, btw, this is the only time I have ever agreed with Friedman….

Star March 27, 2012 at 11:19 am

Obviously Dems get a pass and Reps don’t. Hardly worth pointing out anymore. But trying to school a reporter is hardly an original technique–come on, guys, show us something. I think this is notable from Santorum because he put such emphasis on his hometown values and behavior. So now that seems like a farce.

Star March 27, 2012 at 11:56 am

Did I say farce? I meant myth.

James Arness March 27, 2012 at 11:21 am