Video || Obama’s Deceptive “Documentary”

by Keith Koffler on March 8, 2012, 4:41 pm

Below I offer you the trailer for the upcoming Obama campaign film titled, “The Road We’ve Travelled.”

It’s being marketed as a documentary. And that’s the really gross part about it.

This is one hundred percent fake and phony. It’s as egregious as campaigning – which frequently is quite rich in revolting things – gets.

The problem with this documentary is that it’s a lie. It is not a documentary. It is an extended campaign commercial, pretending to be a documentary.

The participants seem to be going along, pretending that they are being interviewed for some type of historical document. They are all in the charade together.

When you watch a campaign commercial, see a campaign speech, or read campaign literature, you know what you are getting. It’s up to you to parse through the garbage and find some truth. Or to suspend disbelief and buy into the whole package. But at least it’s clear what’s going on.

With this film, you are being presented with something false, a devious display of glossy, high octane junk. It’s a disgrace, even for politics.

H/T to The Blog at the Weekly Standard, where I found this.

RWC March 8, 2012 at 4:44 pm

Sickening.

Sadie March 8, 2012 at 5:04 pm

“Beware the ide(a)s of March”

Now showing at the Theater of the Pompous

Susan March 8, 2012 at 5:22 pm

Released on the 15th of March. Beware the ides of March. So did this big shot director and Tom Hanks do this propaganda film for free? No wonder the wannabe dictator doesn’t have any cash to spare for the DNC…

gobnait March 8, 2012 at 8:56 pm

It will also open at the Theatre of the Absurd.

Sadie March 8, 2012 at 10:31 pm

I should have made myself clearer…Theater of the Pompey (a reference to Julius Ceasar and the infamous column staging Aug. 2008. Everybody thought it was Greek, but it really was Shakespearean theater – “all the world’s a stage” for him.

Susan March 8, 2012 at 5:05 pm

Pure propaganda. Tom Hanks is Obama’s Leni Riefenstahl….

GotFreedom March 8, 2012 at 7:30 pm

Boycott any/all Tom Hanks movies/productions from now on!

Mike C March 9, 2012 at 8:54 am

I am starting to run out of hoolywood types that can’t keep their big mouth shut. Tom Hanks went by the wayside a while ago, about the same time as Susan Sarandon. sad, talent to the trash.

Star March 9, 2012 at 10:34 am

Got it. No problem.

Granny Jan March 8, 2012 at 5:15 pm

It wasn’t very good. I make my videos on free Windows Movie Maker 2.6. I have add ons for special effects and I could have technically made this video. Maybe the docu will be better but this was umimpressive.

DeniseVB March 9, 2012 at 8:51 am

GJ, you should parody this….LOL. I didn’t see one shot of his feet on the furniture ;)

lc southern March 8, 2012 at 5:32 pm

They will say anything to get reelected.

Jack March 8, 2012 at 9:06 pm

Yeah! We’re dealing from top-down with crooks and liars that unscrupulously are trying to sell us again a pig in a poke.

ol gator March 9, 2012 at 8:06 am

It’s all bong smoke & mirrors..

Mike C March 9, 2012 at 8:57 am

I forgot about that delightful memory from my past (bongs) but he must be smoking something to live in that fantasy world he seems to be living in.

DeniseVB March 8, 2012 at 5:42 pm

Now here’s a docu I can believe in ! Breitbart’s Hating Breitbart ….

Susan March 8, 2012 at 6:03 pm

The left will rue the day they gloated over Andrew’s death. We are all Breitbart now.

Lizzy March 8, 2012 at 6:20 pm

Yes we are God rest his soul and his passion for the truth. We are all
Breitbart now and will continue his valiant battle!

Moe March 8, 2012 at 5:53 pm

I can’t watch, thanks for the review Keith.

rulierose March 8, 2012 at 6:07 pm

same here! I’m reading the comments hoping I’ll get enough of a taste of what it’s like to not have to watch it. I’m just getting over being sick, and I have a feeling this video would make me start throwing up again!

AZ Granny March 8, 2012 at 6:20 pm

LOL, rulierose, I feel like throwing up and I’m not even sick.

Lanie March 8, 2012 at 8:42 pm

Me either Moe. I push the mute on my TV every time I hear his name and walk away if they show his face. Hear all I need by reading what Keith writes and others as that is bad enough.

crazyrightwingmom March 8, 2012 at 8:47 pm

so funny…I thought I was the only one who couldn’t watch these things. If we wanted to see them we would watch CNN, that’s why we I cut my t.v. off.
lie , lie lie….yuk

qestout March 9, 2012 at 7:00 am

Word for word what I was going to write, Moe.

Terika March 8, 2012 at 5:58 pm

Yeah, I will invest 17 minutes to this tripe so they can insult my intelligence.

And the decision to hit Osama. Gee, what a tough call. Not. I believe I heard that the guys were getting fed up (pun intended) waiting for his dithering on this one, too! What President would even hesitate??? But they act like it was this monumental decision. Pathetic, sickening, but…expected from this gang.

All his last 4 yrs has been is one continual manufactured “crisis” for them to take advantage of. ObamaRahmAlinskyites. On steroids. Paid for by Soros.
They just don’t get it that we get it!!!

Girly1 March 8, 2012 at 6:01 pm

Unfortunately, we have all taken this road trip with Obama! Many of his passengers were asleep when the big black bus went off the cliff – they died at the scene. Others were more fortunate – they were able to extricate themselves from the wreckage and are expected to recover. The National Safety Board has declared the Obama Road Trip a national disaster – the worst in American history!

A warning has been issued by the Dept. of Motor Vehicles – next time you hitch a ride with a stranger – be sure he knows how to drive!

Lizzy March 8, 2012 at 6:22 pm

There are folks waiting in line to take his trip like lemmings off a cliff:)

srdem65 March 8, 2012 at 6:08 pm

They can show it at all the fundraisers to entertain the donors and remind them that MrO didn’t know what he was doing when first elected. They can also be reminded of how MrO squandered his political good will within 2 years and is now basically a lame duck President.

rulierose March 8, 2012 at 6:15 pm

I work at a very liberal university in a very liberal department, and I’m surrounded by people who will love this. these people firmly believe that Obama has done an outstanding job running the country. they didn’t laugh when he got the Nobel Prize. one of my colleagues was almost in hysterics as she described watching Obama fill out his NCAA brackets. “he’s just…a real person,” she swooned (as if George W. Bush by preferring baseball was not?).

Susan March 8, 2012 at 6:38 pm

It may not look like it where you work rulierose, but we outnumber them. Don’t waste your time on the drones…you’ll never win them over.

MarjoJimbo March 8, 2012 at 7:41 pm

He said people faint all the time!

Noma March 8, 2012 at 9:32 pm

I’ll wait for Granny Jan’s version. Bless you Granny (and Keith, too). We’d all be lost without you!

qestout March 9, 2012 at 7:04 am

I’ll only watch extra O in Gran’s videos :)

Star March 10, 2012 at 12:08 pm

Same–I do tend to run out of the fam room when I hear “that voice.”

AZ Granny March 8, 2012 at 6:17 pm

I was barely able to watch the 2 minutes of this trailer. What a sleazy piece of propaganda. I can’t imagine sitting through 17 minutes of such garbage…

Lizzy March 8, 2012 at 6:17 pm

Not going to waste my one eye on this narcicistic drivel! Was he using the
Royal ‘we’ and ‘I’ a lot? You know we village idiots he seems to think we are
will soon teach little Barry he’s not the King of the world and as Mom used to
give him something to cry about. His arrogance is only trumped by his ignorance. Not gonna watch worse than Skippy.

veritaseequitas March 8, 2012 at 7:09 pm

Made me throw up in my mouth a little bit. After I stopped laughing at the contrived drama of it all that is. What more can you expect from a bunch of cretins who have raised lying to an art form?
Whichever GOP’er gets the nomination is still a mystery, but whoever it is, we have to swallow hard and get behind him in order to take The Little Prince down.

Jack March 8, 2012 at 7:31 pm

Obama is the best president ever.
Tell that to the Afro Americans,
Tell that to the Latinos,
Tell that to the Jewish,
Tell that to the Navy,
Tell that to the Air forces,
and most IMPORTAT of all:
TELL THAT TO THE MARINES!!!!!

Janna March 9, 2012 at 7:32 am

You dont have to tell the Army..they already know what a POS he is. Wonder if they will get their ballots in time to vote…

The Original March 8, 2012 at 7:37 pm

I didn’t think that the WH could be used for campaign purposes.

Robin H March 8, 2012 at 7:46 pm

But, see, it’s not campaigning, its a documentary! Isn’t that brilliant? Now us peons can’t challenge it and ask who paid for it, cause it’s a piece of our national history, right?

/sarcasm, in case it wasn’t obvious/

Car in March 9, 2012 at 8:18 am

Yea, it’s a documentary, that’s why at the end they have the “Obama/Biden 2012″ banner.

James Walker March 8, 2012 at 8:22 pm

Best line in the commercial: “It was an economic crisis greater then we imagined.” So, as of the date of his inauguration, O’s economic advisers had no idea about Lehman, or Bear Stearns, or the first Stimulus, or the unemployment rate, or Paulson’s and Bernanke’s testimony to Congress, or even of the Dow/S&P/NASDAQ index numbers? Axelrod has been trying this spin out for several weeks – “it was worse than we knew” – which is just an incredible dodge. And I also think it is correct to suggest that labelling this a documentary is how they will have us pay for it and still use the WH at the same time. Nothing is sacred with these heathens. Everything is for sale.

Star March 9, 2012 at 10:41 am

The thing about this tack that really bugs me is that this is when he was being billed as so smart, brilliant, the most dazzling intellect EVER–he was SUPPOSED to know all this…they can’t have it both ways. Now, today, with his gigantic brain he is returning to the failed housing giveaways to try to “fix” that situation. This is so pathetic, all this. Notice the unemployment or saved-createds or dome cobbled-up mess of numbers was again “revised.” Nothing means anything!

Lanie March 8, 2012 at 8:37 pm

Obama’s success depended upon good use of the media and social networking. The Dems are good at it whereas the Republicans are still in the dark ages. If they don’t learn to play the game as well as Dems, they will have no future.

MichelleIndependent March 8, 2012 at 9:23 pm

“The March to Marxism”

Girly1 March 8, 2012 at 10:13 pm

Maybe it’s time to bring back the McCarthy hearings! Are you, or have you ever, belonged to the Communist party? .

ol gator March 9, 2012 at 8:16 am

I used to think obambo was an arrogant twit.. after watching the infomercial I was wrong.. he’s actually a Royal arrogant twit !

Mike Lester March 9, 2012 at 11:01 am

Can’t decide which to see / believe first:

MarjoJimbo March 9, 2012 at 1:40 pm

This is an embarrassment to the USA. How does the rest of the world see him/us?

Star March 10, 2012 at 12:10 pm

I think they try not to.

ckim March 14, 2012 at 2:29 pm

I should have not watched the video. Just made me sick. I’m tired of this guy who is suppose to be our leader, looking to find ways to be in the limelight.

Freedomfreak1 March 19, 2012 at 3:42 pm

This propaganda cost at least $345K to make; clearly the most expensive campaign commercial ever produced. Fact is, if Obama had done such a great job, he wouldn’t have felt the need for this ego-stroking garbage.But narcissists like him thrive on self promotion.