Obama Called Fluke but Said Nothing to Tornado Victims

by Keith Koffler on March 5, 2012, 9:31 am

UPDATE – 12:43 pm ET

To my readers:

I have regrettably decided to take this piece down.

The original report said that Obama did not make any phone calls or statements until Saturday regarding the tornado disasters that swept the Midwest Thursday and Friday, when he made three calls to the governors of Indiana, Kentucky and Ohio.

It turns out that I missed a pool report stating that he had called six governors on Thursday, conveying support and expressing condolences.

It is still true that Obama said nothing about the tornadoes on Friday while taking time to phone Georgetown law student and reproductive right activists Sandra Fluke, who had been insulted by Rush Limbaugh. The call was a politically motivated move amounting to an attempt to steer controversy over the Obamacare birth control coverage mandate away from a discussion damaging to the president about forcing leaders of religious institutions to violate their conscience, and instead toward a battle over women’s health rights.

I  believe he should have done more Friday, and probably made a statement himself. The president failed to exercise leadership by at least putting out a statement to the public expressing support for the victims. But I think making a total of nine calls, and most of them as the disaster was happening, undermines the premise of the article, which was that he made little effort to reach out to victims and instead attended to his political business.

My goal with White House Dossier as always is to provide you with real White House accountability that you do not find elsewhere. After much thought, I felt the article could not longer be said to provide accountability, since he had taken the time to involve himself in supporting those incurring the disaster.

I apologize for the mistake.

Keith

Lizzy March 5, 2012 at 9:36 am

Sad isn’t it? Surprising no. Thank Keith for being part of the media who care!

Jack March 5, 2012 at 4:10 pm

Indeed!!!

herdzcatz March 5, 2012 at 9:42 am

Just stumbled upon this website looking for O’s schedule today for his meeting with Netanyahu. Wow. Great service, here! Keep the unspun news coming.

Brenda A. March 5, 2012 at 12:39 pm

Welcome.

Willdit March 5, 2012 at 9:49 am

I wonder if he even called the families of the six soldiers that were killed in Afganistan by Afgani soldiers. I bet not. Keith maybe you can check this out.

Keith Koffler March 5, 2012 at 10:39 am

Not that anyone’s heard of.

SnarkEsq. March 5, 2012 at 2:16 pm

As soon as I heard that BHO called Fluke the other day, my first thought was I wonder if he bothered to call the families of the soldiers that we just lost this week. Of course he has time to call some political activist disguised as a “poor” law student who can’t afford birth control. Priorities.

Willdit March 9, 2012 at 2:51 pm
Girly1 March 5, 2012 at 9:51 am

I was just about to go on a major rant, Keith! Thanks you for bringing this story to the forefront! I think we are seeing just how vindictive this sleaze bag really is — Indiana is Mitch Daniels country—and no blacks were killed!

He did the same thing nearly a year ago when tornadoes hit the same areas! He stopped for one hour with his tribe of relatives as they were en route to FLA for the aborted shuttle launch!

Whatever he does now is too little too late! He knows he is getting another 4 years – doesn’t need the South! What an SOB!!

Jack March 5, 2012 at 1:39 pm

4 more years? Don’t think so, there is a silent majority of Americans that are very fed up with this guy and his administration.
As Lizzy, already has mentioned in this blog, referring to the American flags standing tall and proud in the disaster areas. This is America and we have to have faith in ourselves and in our fellow Americans. The mistake of 2008 won’t be repeated again, I am sure of it.

Susan March 5, 2012 at 4:57 pm

From your keyboard to God’s ear Jack.

Girly1 March 5, 2012 at 9:53 am

….Ooops – meant to say he doesn’t need the mid-West votes.

Lizzy March 5, 2012 at 10:02 am

Have you noticed the flags still fly where these people have lost everything? This is America’s heartland palace Obama prefers to ignore. Shameful but not surprising.

anneinarkansas March 5, 2012 at 9:56 am

Folks in flyover country are dispenable to Bam.
He needs the flukes!

SandraC March 5, 2012 at 10:03 am

… and the flukes and flakes are all clustered around him all the time, aren’t they?

Susan March 5, 2012 at 10:39 am

The medical definition of fluke fits these leftist parasites to a T.

“Fluke infections are diseases of the digestive tract and other organ systems caused by several different species of parasitic flatworms (Trematodes) that have complex life cycles involving hosts other than human beings. Trematode comes from a Greek word that means having holes and refers to the external suckers that adult flukes use to draw nourishment from their hosts. Fluke infections are contracted by eating uncooked fish, plants, or animals from fluke-infected waters. Symptoms vary according to the type of fluke infection.”

Jojo March 5, 2012 at 12:23 pm

That’s a perfect description!

ol gator March 5, 2012 at 12:34 pm

As a result of this “fluke infection”, our WH is afflicted with these hideous parasites. Usually takes 4 years of long suffering by the host to remove it unless the parasites can convince the host that somehow harboring such wickedness is actually a good thing. If convinced,the duped host must continue with more years of pain & suffering without even knowing it.

ImNoDhimmi March 5, 2012 at 1:30 pm

Obama and Me-chelle are the real parasites.

Tom Poole March 5, 2012 at 10:02 am

Now why in the world would he call good, clean living Americans, mostly folks who believe in God and are not afraid to express it. Its ‘flyover’ country man, those aren’t people down there, they are (ugh) Republicans.
But then, there is the poor, 30 year old, college educated feminist (apologies to women), who got her nose out of joint because Rush said she was ‘a slut’, “round heeled”. If you listened or watched her “testimony” before the Pelosi Dogs and Ponies show, you too might come to that conclusion. In fact you might even think he was too kind.
But she will go on to her position on some Democrats staff, or maybe toe DOJ.
The folks who survived the tornadoes will also go on. Bless them, they have the will and the pride to pick themselves up and get on with it.
Its a condition our president has no knowledge of, they dont teach that in Indonesian schools.

SandraC March 5, 2012 at 10:06 am

We weren’t surprised about this “oversight”.

If it doesn’t directly concern him or touch his campaign (did it ever stop from day 1 after his election?), he ain’t interested.

Too bad the 49% on public assistance can’t be made to go out there and help these victims clean up!

Anonna March 5, 2012 at 10:08 am

BO is embarrassing.

I don’t see why Presidents should spend taxpayer money on trips to disasters sites. It is unbelieveable that BO wouldn’t even mention these states — however, they aren’t going to vote for him, so he gives them the cold shoulder. That’s the Chicago way.

Flukey was his b*tch on the repro issue, however, so he needs to reach out to her and strengthen those ties with the Obots that will lead to votes.

nlynch March 5, 2012 at 10:09 am

Loathe is not a strong enough word for me anymore.
I will need to pull out my thesaurus!

Janna March 5, 2012 at 11:01 am

“Hate” works pretty well for me, even if its not PC.

nlynch March 5, 2012 at 11:17 am

I have passed the feeling of “hate” along time ago!!
Can’t find a word that describes my utter disdain.
Disdain is not even sufficient!

ol gator March 5, 2012 at 12:53 pm

How about somewhere between 24 hrs of diarrhea (w/vomitting) and sitting down to 24 straight hrs. of Gilligans Island episodes mingled with one hour intervals of bill clinton’s classic diatribes.
.. its a die-die situation :)

Susan March 5, 2012 at 10:13 am

Excellent article Keith. Just goes to show how the _resident is not the president of us all. He has abandoned middle America just as we will abandon him in November. God bless all those who were affected by the tornadoes and storms that swept the Midwest…

By the way, Rush didn’t call this immoral Democrat plant a slut and a prostitute, he made an analogy.

Star March 5, 2012 at 10:20 am

If the call did not generate enough look-at-me, how about a Nuva Summit?

srdem65 March 5, 2012 at 10:54 am

MsFluke’s testimony was that buying contraceptive items were causing female law students a great financial burden, around $1,000@year, and making a case on that cost the reason insurance companies should make birth control pills “free”.
MrLimbaugh’s comments were that the decision to have protected sex was a personal choice, and asking others to pay for that protection was on the par of forcing others to pay for female law students sexual activities.

The whole issue is ridiculous and a manufactured crisis created by the MSM, the Dems and the pro-choice factions. The argument isn’t whether MsFluke is free and easy with her sexual favors, but does any insurance company have the right to determine what medical issues are covered by their policies. The further argument is does the government have the right to tell a private organization what they can and cannot do for their clients.
Which brings the issue back to forcing the Catholic church to violate their stong convictions and policies of not paying for contraceptives.

Women all over America are not wringing their hands because MrLimbaugh said something about someone on his radio program. Liberal groups are not going to set up a new charity that will provide free contraceptives for female law students.
The whole thing is a manufactured issue meant to deflect attention from the Obamacare mandate to the Catholic people.

Star March 5, 2012 at 11:00 am

If he hadn’t said what he said–the debate would not have turned to her personal morals or behavior. I think this just handed the election over with this ugliness…mark my words. Maybe Rush’s ratings are better with Obama to rail against? It occurred to me. Just my opinion, of course.

Susan March 5, 2012 at 11:02 am

Amen srdem! You are spot on once again.

Swedish lady March 5, 2012 at 11:04 am

I agree, srdem65. A manufactured crisis that suites the Democrat campaign machine to deflect attention from something far more important.

Star March 5, 2012 at 11:35 am

Time will tell who’s right. I think this hurt the Repubicans–it was tawdry, rude, and took away from the religion aspect.

Mr. T. March 5, 2012 at 11:50 am

Another win for the Dems in terms of controlling the narrative. A few more well-timed “distractions” like this in the fall will sadly seal the Republican nominee’s fate.

Car in March 5, 2012 at 12:06 pm

I spent the last few hours listening to progressive radio. I stand even stronger with Rush. He -perhaps – should have used that word, but so what. Move on.

Teabagger Car in

Jojo March 5, 2012 at 12:27 pm

It is the pink elephant in the room, completely removing from view the true issues.

Stephen C. March 5, 2012 at 12:32 pm

Some jackwad liberal radio hack in Georgia stated the tornado’s turned the bible belt into a area with grease spots on the ground. He was referring to the dead victims in the storms as christians whom God did little to help. Michael Berry on KTRH 740AM this morning’s show had all the details . On again 5pm CST or MichaelBerry.com. Said the guy used to work for CNN, the name escapes me.

RWC March 5, 2012 at 1:04 pm
RWC March 5, 2012 at 12:35 pm

Maybe he should have used the phrase the left uses…c**t.

Then he would be lauded as ‘fearless.’

“It’s that fearlessness — he acknowledged that some people would probably be uncomfortable with some of his remarks about religion, not to mention calling Sarah Palin a “c**t” (“there’s just no other word for her”) — that makes Maher the most dangerous person in comedy.”

Anonna March 5, 2012 at 1:37 pm

Funny, isn’t it, how men are never mentioned in this concocted “crisis” of birth control accessibility.

Don’t men pay for birth control? Don’t they take steps to prevent fatherhood? Why is this a women’s issue? Why are women “burdened” by having to finance their sex life and no mention is made that asking the guy to chip in would cut that $1,000 to $500?

lc southern March 5, 2012 at 4:31 pm

Or the prevention of sexual diseases…birth control pills do not prevent transmission of herpes, aids, vd…etc.

Swedish lady March 5, 2012 at 11:10 am

Great article, Keith. I have read about the tornadoes and the destruction of lives, land and property. How absolutely horrible ! And I think it´s shocking that the President hasn´t yet even mentioned it in any of his frequent speeches. But I am not surprised.

AZ Granny March 5, 2012 at 11:26 am

Remember when Obama’s grandmother was dying? He cancelled campaign plans so he could visit her, but wasn’t the visit just one day? Then he was off again on the campaign trail, which is where he was when she died. And this was the woman that raised him! If he had no more care/concern/compassion/love for his grandmother, surely we cannot expect him to muster any sympathy for strangers in our heartland. It’s a sad time in America to have such a shallow, soulless, little man as our “commander and chief.” My heart goes out to the tornado victims and their families.

Mark Holbrook March 5, 2012 at 11:32 am

His making a pro forma call to the areas and folks devastated is in lieu of his flying over the areas on his way to a Left Coast fund raiser. During his fly over, he will inform everyone that “I can fix this, because you know who I am.”

blondie March 5, 2012 at 11:36 am

Is that surprising? Doesn’t really get him alot of votes,and thats all this guy is about!

Mark Holbrook March 5, 2012 at 11:41 am

Question for Keith: Should the title of this article read: Obama Called Fluke…; or Obama Called Flake? Considering the subject matter by the instigator at the hearing, I personally prefer FLAKE. And I mean that in a nice and non-derogatory way!

Dennis March 5, 2012 at 12:12 pm

Well Keith, up until today I’ve been an avid reader of ‘White House Dossier’ for several years and occasionally posted comments. Your comment regarding Ms Fluke only having her feelings hurt and remarks by regulars like Tom Poole leave me disgusted and embarrassed to say I used to follow this blog daily. I won’t be doing so in the future.

Shame on all of you.

GWShrub March 5, 2012 at 12:38 pm

Gee whiz Dennis, if the truth offends you so much maybe you SHOULDN’T be reading it anymore. Pretty thin skinned, aren’t you?

ol gator March 5, 2012 at 1:05 pm

Dennis, as they say in Chicago “bye bye”. there should be plenty of room for you at the huffington post.. or (age permitting) you may find a suitable online game to “occupy’ your time.
Hey ,obozo & me have shared abilities… I fixed it!

lc southern March 5, 2012 at 4:45 pm

Honestly Dennis, this woman testified in a national arena about how much sex she is having, what it cost her and then got offend when she called a talk radio show and was called a name? Have you ever listened to Neil Boortz? Was Rush wrong? Yes, but he is a talk show host, just like Boortz, Piers Morgan, Mike Malloy and the list goes on. Ms. Fluke wants the govt to pay for birth control pills so she can have worry free sex, what about sexually transmitted diseases? Who pays for protection from them?

judybeth March 6, 2012 at 12:28 am

Dennis, Your attempts at “satire” need much work! How many times have you checked back to see reactions to your comments? Hummmm?

Personally, I do not think Keith should “apologize” for anything, but he is a “stand-up” guy and truly represents the BEST in the media! Thanks, Keith!

Plus he does not need to “stream” BHO’s press conference LIVE! As I have said before, I’d rather scratch my nails on a chalkboard than hear BHO’s condesending, irritating, staccato (sp!) voice! But, this is not my blog, and when the POTUS speaks, he usually adds “lots of fodder” for the DemWits to try and defend and “free material” for the late night tv hosts! :)

langley barfly March 5, 2012 at 11:55 am

SO? why won the shallow, weak-willed “WH press corps” ASK the Obama WH why they havent talked about the tornado diasater…?
Cant the “WH press corps” think for themselves and come up with REAL, CHALLENGING, IN-SIGHTFUL questions???

Jeff March 5, 2012 at 12:04 pm

I mentioned this the other day on FB and was attacked by the left.. Thought the white House would take criticism better, guess not.

Almost as bad as paying 5 million in Jizya to the Muslim Brotherhood to buy back our citizens…

RWC March 5, 2012 at 12:30 pm

Waiting for him to apologize to the Libyans for placing Christian and Jewish tombstones on their land.

WWII gravestones destroyed in Koran burning retaliation.

Shofar March 5, 2012 at 12:34 pm

On November 5, 2009 an Islamic terrorist (I will in no way categorize this as work place violence) Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan shot and killed 13 people and wounded 29.

On the same day Obama was scheduled to give a speech to a Dept. of Interior conference. He spent the first minute or so of the speech giving “shout outs” to the people in the audience, and cheer leading the crowd before he even mentioned the Ft. Hood murders. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYldhOp1p34

Why should the tragedies in Indiana, Kentucky, Missouri, and Alabama be treated any differently. My daughter lives in one of the counties in southern Indiana that has been declared a disaster area, and I have a cousin in Kentucky whose horse barn lost its roof. My family members are okay, just dealing with the aftermath of clean up.

After the Challenger explosion Reagan gave his memorable speech on the tragedy starting off with, “Ladies and Gentlemen, I’d planned to speak to you tonight to report on the state of the Union, but the events of earlier today have led me to change those plans. Today is a day for mourning and remembering. Nancy and I are pained to the core by the tragedy of the shuttle Challenger. We know we share this pain with all of the people of our country. This is truly a national loss.” Reagan had planned one speech, but saw that the nation was hurting and changed his plans to console the nation and as this country’s leader lift the nation in its mourning.

After the OKC bombing in 1995 Clinton addressed the people of Oklahoma with these words, “Thank you very much, Governor Keating and Mrs. Keating, Reverend Graham, to the families of those who have been lost and wounded, to the people of Oklahoma City, who have endured so much, and the people of this wonderful state, to all of you who are here as our fellow Americans.” While I have never considered Clinton to be a great president, he did know how to make people feel that he felt “their pain.”

Our current CIC, our current POTUS has not the empathy, nor the ability to empathize with those that are hurting. Psychology Today’s diagnosis dictionary defines narcissistic personality disorder as, “Narcissistic Personality Disorder involves arrogant behavior, a lack of empathy for other people, and a need for admiration-all of which must be consistently evident at work and in relationships.”

We should not be surprised that Obama hasn’t said anything about what has happened across the bread basket of America. He is incapable of feeling anything towards anyone. Unless this man is the center of all things he is lost, and adrift, much like what he has done with the country.

There is no passion for beliefs, but only animus towards those that do no kneel at the shine that is his personality. His narcissistic and perhaps socio/psychopathic personality truly make him terrifying.

judybeth March 5, 2012 at 3:28 pm

Thought-provoking and well-written comments about BHO’s lack of character! Plus, his PR guy probably did not put it on the agenda! However, one might assume that POTUS might have NOTICED the devastating reports and taken the initiative on his own – IF HE HAD A HEART! Instead, he promotes “tax-paid promiscuity on college campuses” to try and win over more of the morally bankrupt voters! Has he ever promoted high standards of achievement and scholarship? No! Graduates might aspire to a “private-sector well paying job” in the future! But do not fear! BHO will guarantee “tax-paid government jobs for ALL”!

The Original March 5, 2012 at 12:55 pm

By the way . . . Samaritan’s Purse is there on the ground and needs volunteers and donations.

Carol in Florida March 5, 2012 at 5:25 pm

Franklin Graham was the founder of Samaratin’s Purse….unfortunately I will NOT donate to that particular cause because Franklin Graham earns $430,000 per year salary plus expenses. Do your due diligence when you go to donate to ANY cause. You can check out MOST charities on charitynavigator dot org and see how they spend the monies that are donated and how much they pay their CEO

The Original March 5, 2012 at 6:19 pm

Would you please prove that claim? Thank you.

Carol in Florida March 5, 2012 at 7:39 pm

I just showed you how to find out…..go to charitynavigator dot org and type in samaratin at the top-then click ok….the only charity with that word in it’s name is samaratins purse in Boone, NC. Once the sight comes up scroll down and you will find the name of the CEO and their income. Generally their income does NOT include expenses and employee benefits. You can find out how much MOST charities pay their CEO’s by doing this. You will be shocked at how much some CEOs of “charities” are being paid….United Way, Salvation Army, etc, etc.

Brenda A. March 5, 2012 at 11:15 pm

$430,000 is not correct.

According to charity navigator they are a top rated charity.

judybeth March 6, 2012 at 1:01 am

Samaritan’s Purse is an outstanding charity along with Operation Blessing International, both of which I support!

Franklin Graham works tirelessly across the USA and in dangerous poverty-stricken third World countries. My hope is that more people will not only contribute, but volunteer their time to personally assist storm victims!

Believe me, you will be working with some of the most selfless and generous people from ALL over America just as I found to be true in Joplin, MO. Additionally, our group worked along side some university students from Japan and South Korea!

Do whatever you can to help and encourage others to do so, too. That is what makes America great! YOU!

Mike Lester March 5, 2012 at 1:15 pm

Unlike Rush, I see no need to apologize for what is a clear three party transaction. Because private corp. are not required to provide health ins. but should provide contraception (WHAT???), the metaphor fits:

Susan March 5, 2012 at 3:26 pm

I love it! Pimp Daddy Baracka…

ImNoDhimmi March 5, 2012 at 1:28 pm

No worries, Keith. At least we know where Obama’s priorities lie.

Shofar March 5, 2012 at 1:33 pm

Keith,

This is one of the main reasons that I respect you as a journalist, and admire the integrity that you maintain. While you strive to be timely in advising us, the unwashed masses, as to what is going on in the WH, you also maintain the journalistic ethic that once persevered in this country.

An ethic that demands the truth be told, and if a story is inaccurate or just plain wrong, then a correction needs to be issued. With your update you have held true to that ethic, and for that I say, “Thank you!”

I still hold that Obama could have and should have said more regarding what has happened in the affected states, or at least have had the WH issue a public statement asking for those who can to help the victims of the tornadoes and subsequent carnage. He was quick to pillory BP and the oil industry after the Deepwater Horizon disaster, but I guess since there is no one to blame for “acts of God” then there is no need to really speak out is there.

Again, thank you for your integrity and quickness to set the record straight.

Lizzy March 5, 2012 at 1:44 pm

You are a truthful journalist for your update and thanks for keeping us up to date. He may have called but those suffering people did not and will not get
the one on one treatment that dreadful little woman did and that is shameful!
When did a spoiled woman deserve better treatment than people grieving for
lost family and all they own. Obama thinks birth control is more vote getting
so too bad for the tornado victims. But as we have seen on the news they are
not whining and moaning on TV they are picking themselves up and moving
on helping one another a lesson to be learned from flyover country!

Anonna March 5, 2012 at 1:45 pm

Thank you, Keith, for giving us the corrected posting.

I turn to your blog for insight and information and I appreciate that when you have a controversial opinion you stick to it — and if you make a mistake you admit it and post a correction.

Wigglesworth March 5, 2012 at 1:45 pm

It was an honest mistake and you made the correction as soon as possible. I wonder who pointed this out to you, a reader, fellow journalist or Obama’s Attack Watch?

Star March 5, 2012 at 1:58 pm

Thanks for the explanation–you got it right out there and it wasn’t one of those stupid “if anyone was offended” ones.

Lizzy March 5, 2012 at 1:59 pm

Perhaps Keith was just doing his own fact check as he would as a good
journalist with scruples and a conscience. Something lacking in the MSM who have an agenda and fact check is missing generally.

Girly1 March 5, 2012 at 2:32 pm

Just goes to show – there are still a few good men left. Keith is the only one who comes to mind at the moment, however.

Keith, you were mostly correct! Obama definitely should have taken the time from fundraising to make a public statement of sympathy for the victims and their families! No excuses for his lack of empathy! He is simply an ill-bred, classless street thug – totally unworthy of occupying the same space as the previous 43 Presidents! The thought of another 4 years is devastating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rawheadrex March 5, 2012 at 2:40 pm

Keith, this is from Sirius XM’s Mike Malloy last Friday:
“Their God … keeps smashing them into little grease spots on the pavement in Alabama, and Mississippi, and Arkansas, and Georgia, and Oklahoma,” Malloy says in his broadcast from Friday. “You know, the Bible belt, where [in a mocking voice] they ain’t gonna let no g*******d science get in the way, it says in the Bible, blah blah blah blah blah. So, according to their way of thinking, God with his omnipotent thumb reaches down here and so far tonight has smashed about 20 people into a grease spot on highway 12, or whatever the hell highway they live next to.”

I haven’t heard any liberals says anything about Mr. Malloy’s vitriolic attack on innocent tornado victims.

Shofar March 5, 2012 at 2:49 pm

I love how the left will blast anyone that believes in the Bible or the Tanakh but won’t say a damned thing about the radicals that tout the Koran as the source of all information worldly or divine.

If Islam ever does take over the world, doesn’t the left, the LGBT, the atheists and all the others that want to slam anyone with a Judeo-Christian belief realize that it is they that will be the first to be beheaded?

Jack March 5, 2012 at 4:04 pm

Mr. Shofar, it’s exactly one of my concerns too. I happen to know from experience that these people, believe it or not are retarded. After that the “alternative” that they so fervidly are promoting to seize control in order to demolish the good old democratic institutions, without exception as history teach us they will be the first to get crashed by same system they were helping to seize power simply because they’re not longer necessary for anything else.

The Monkey And The Wedge – “(…) One day, when the workers left for lunch a batch of monkeys landed at the temple site and began playing with whatever caught their fancy. One of the monkeys saw a partly sawed log of wood and a wedge fixed in it so that it does not close up. Curious to know what it is, the monkey began furiously tugging at the wedge. At last the wedge came off, not before trapping the legs of the monkey into the rift of the log. Very soon, not able to get his legs out of the closed wood, the monkey died”.

MT for re-redistribution March 5, 2012 at 4:05 pm

So you’re saying there are benefits to Islamic victory? :-O

Jack March 5, 2012 at 4:13 pm

Sharp. I like that!! Thinning the herd, eh? ;)

rawheadrex March 5, 2012 at 4:24 pm

Beheading hardly solves the problem. However a good swift kick to their tails might be a start. That is as close to their brains as you’ll get short of a colostomy.

MarjoJimbo March 5, 2012 at 2:44 pm

Keith, you are a great guy to admit your mistake. I appreciate your honesty and reporting.

Girly1 March 5, 2012 at 2:48 pm

Obama’s specialty seems to be political ‘whoring’! On the heels of the phone call to Ms. Fluke – comes this:

OBAMA COURTS FEMALE VOTERS – BUMPING WOMAN COMMENCEMENT SPEECH – BARNARD COLLEGE

Unbelievable! Where is the outrage?

Lanie March 5, 2012 at 2:51 pm

You want to bet Fluke was paid by the DNC or some other Democrat organization?

Too bad Rush apologized since what he said was the truth. That women willingly prostitute themselves, ingest chemicals to trick nature, and love destroying developing human life, is a testament on how the most evil of evil is really glorified by brainwashed women.

And why would Obama concern himself with death and destruction when both are part of his game plan for America?

MarjoJimbo March 5, 2012 at 3:04 pm

I was disappointed to see that Rush apologized, too. Her behavior was/is abhorrent!

Lizzy March 5, 2012 at 3:09 pm

Lucky enough to get a scholarship but priority is sex and free birth control? Rush was right and I think she was an Obama plant too.
She can usevwhatnthe DNC paid for her burden of birth control. Or the
free version NO!

Lizzy March 5, 2012 at 3:11 pm

‘use what the’ sorry about gint word error:(

Lizzy March 5, 2012 at 3:12 pm

oops again one eye not working today I quit.

Susan March 5, 2012 at 3:45 pm

I’m ready to move on to more important issues. I’m glad he apologized because that will take this issue off the table and we can get back to business. The left is trying to use his relatively tame terms to create another crisis so they silence conservative media. Rush Limbaugh is now under the attack of the vicious and intolerant left. They want to silence his very powerful voice on the right. The leftists believe in the first amendment, but only in the way they interpret it. Free speech for me but not for thee.

Susan March 5, 2012 at 4:05 pm

Rush also made the comparison of this whole charade as “Wag the Pill”. Kinda like that movie during the Clinton era “Wag the Dog”. This is nothing but a diversionary tactic.

Thank you for your honesty Keith! That is why I come here every day.

Star March 5, 2012 at 3:38 pm

Using birth control means you are brainwashed or prostitute yourself or you love destroying human life? What is this–the Salem witch days? Thinking the govt should GIVE you birth control means you are not thinking straight, but come on!

Steve March 5, 2012 at 3:24 pm

An honest journalist?! OMG!!!
Good work, Keith

Brian March 5, 2012 at 3:42 pm

Keith,
I must apologise to you as well, my earlier post may have gotten the ball rolling so to speak. I checked most of the MSM`s websites at least 6 times over the course of the day and there was nothing reported at that time of Obama even acknowledging publically that the event had occured…..

Again my most sincere apologies if I mislead anyone or caused a premature reaction.

Keith Koffler March 5, 2012 at 5:27 pm

Thank you all for your kind words. My goal is always to provide you with the truth about what’s happening at the White House. If I’m to be credible, I have to put my ego in a drawer somewhere and fess up when I make a mistake. Thanks for being understanding. This is the first piece I’ve ever really retracted in nearly two years of running this blog, and I’ll work damn hard to make sure it doesn’t happen again.

Shofar March 5, 2012 at 7:23 pm

Where is a “thumbs up” symbol when you need one?

lc southern March 5, 2012 at 9:03 pm

You do excellent work Keith, can’t question your ethics. Love your blog.

Brenda A. March 5, 2012 at 11:24 pm

Thank you, Keith.

AZ Granny March 5, 2012 at 11:42 pm

It’s refreshing to find such an honest journalist, one with such high standards and integrity. Thank you, Keith!

Quintis Arrius March 5, 2012 at 7:43 pm

Obama should take a real hard look at the Tornado damage, and ponder this point: An F4 tornado-damaged area and a Thermonuclear blast area 2 miles from ground zero look similiar…except for the burning houses, charred bodies and Strontium-90 failout. He should go to Tenn and practice what he would say to survivors: Nature (the Iranians) can knock us down we will get up again. We survived this Tornado (Thermonuclear weapon attack) and we will survive more bad weather (Rogue states with WMDs) in the future.

Tim March 5, 2012 at 8:07 pm

A member of the media (alternative as it is) with integrity…a rare thing. Thank you sir and keep up the good work!

rawheadrex March 5, 2012 at 8:22 pm

Maybe BHO will send his $1,000,000 donor Bill Maher to cheer the tornado victims with some of his scintillating wit:
Maher has called Palin a “dumb tw*t” and dropped the C-word in describing the former Alaska governor. He called Palin and Congresswoman Bachmann “b**bs” and “two bimbos.” He said of the former vice-presidential candidate, “She is not a mean girl. She is a crazy girl with mean ideas.” He recently made a joke about Rick Santorum’s wife using a vibrator. Imagine now the same joke during the 2008 primary with Michelle Obama’s name in it, and tell me that he would still have a job. Maher said of a woman who was harassed while breast-feeding at an Applebee’s, “Don’t show me your t*ts!” as though a woman feeding her child is trying to flash Maher. (Here’s a way to solve his problem: don’t stare at a strangers’ breasts). Then, his coup de grâce: “And by the way, there is a place where breasts and food do go together. It’s called Hooters!”

Former White House deputy press secretary Bill Burton, the man who runs Obama’s super PAC, did not reply when asked if he will be returning Maher’s $1 million donation.

Maher has no sponsors, so there are none to desert him. Whatta bet BM, what appropriate initials, has trouble connecting with real women.

Will March 5, 2012 at 9:21 pm

when KATRINA hit New Orleans. . .the democrats were ready to burn Bush in person, not just in efigy. . .for waiting for the storm to pass before touring New Orleans with the FEMA and a box full of Blank Checks for anything that moved.
NOW.. .a week after the tornadoes began their march of destruction across what? more than 17 states, leaving multiple paths of Death and Destruction. . .and OBAMA as well as FEMA. . are nowhere to be seen. . .why help your people. . .when you can help yourself to a few thousand votes?

PennyBeach March 6, 2012 at 9:31 am

Here’s who he DIDN’T call ,Brian Terry’s family.Calling a 30 year old coed to see if she’s ok is creepy.Surely she’s a plant or watch your man boy FLOTUS.

Uncle Reggie March 6, 2012 at 1:08 pm

Bravo for the openness and honesty in reporting. His actions re: the tornado disasters was still just about the least he could do.

Nicole March 6, 2012 at 1:28 pm

I love how your regular readers immediately jump to saying what a douchebag the President is. Thanks for being more investigative than your readers and correcting the issue. Well cone. As to your readers, explore more than one story.

Lon June 28, 2012 at 1:36 am

That’s ok Keith, and you’re man enough to admit a mistake. That’s a quality your president has NEVER had. The boy does nothing that he doesn’t think will help him somehow. He doesn’t care one bit about the people he claims to, women and minorities, and I think he literally hates white males that don’t work for him. Anyway, even though he’s a piece of shit, you did the right thing, which is something HE will never be accused of doing.