Obama: Forget Drilling, Inflate Your Tires. Remember?

by Keith Koffler on February 29, 2012, 12:19 pm

Now, I just wanna ask you, does this sound like anyone who would ever be serious about opening up new lands for drilling. It’s from the 2008 campaign

Forget the current debate over who is responsible for the growth in the domestic oil supply. It’s Bush, but just forget it for a moment. And think to yourself how many tigers you’ve known in your life who have thoroughly changed their stripes – at least, in a year or two.

H/T to Brietbart TV.

{ 1 trackback }

Shofar February 29, 2012 at 12:31 pm

People can change, but first they have to admit they were wrong. I don’t think Obama is capable of even entertaining that idea.

“Wrong? I’m the smartest man to ever occupy the White House. Just ask the media.” – Barack Obama

Star February 29, 2012 at 12:44 pm

LOL.

Frank February 29, 2012 at 1:27 pm

Slightly off topic but related to how inept Mr. Obama is. I just received my 12% health insurance rate hike for the year. Health insurance rates have gone up for me 36% since he took office, promising how our premiums would go down after passing Obamacare. Has anyone’s health care insurance rates gone down? Anybody?

Kathy February 29, 2012 at 2:48 pm

My premiums have also increased astronomically. I am a very healthy female, no meds, and it seems every time I bat an eyelash the rates go up. It is absolutely sickening.

kmbog February 29, 2012 at 3:07 pm

And just wait until Jan 2013 when there will be another 3% tax added to your payroll to cover some of the cost to this mess. Just have to hope the Supreme Court Justices can see the unconstitutionality of this mess.

Susan February 29, 2012 at 3:33 pm

Just heard on Rush that Kathleen Supersillyus testified before congress that private health insurance is in a “death spiral”, but it is not the fault of Obamacare. Their plan all along was to bankrupt health insurance companies and make Obamacare our only access to medical treatment. Obama and his minions are all liars, cheats, and thieves.

Car in February 29, 2012 at 5:40 pm

You know what I like telling obamacare advocates? That I can’t wait until i’m paying for their health insurance so I can start telling them how to live their lives. I’m bit of a health nut. I’m usually in better shape than them. They don’t take that too well.

Lizzy March 1, 2012 at 11:19 am

Kathleen Supersillyus. As a Kansan I salute you glad to be rid of
her but now she’s unleashed on the entire country.

Car in February 29, 2012 at 5:38 pm

Our insurance rates have gone up by $300 a month in the last two years. THANKS OBAMA.

I know, the government should just make everything FREE. Problem solved.

Sadie February 29, 2012 at 6:00 pm

A bargain 12% – mine jumped 25%. Let me add that I am a senior, the increase was on my secondary supplemental insurance.Friends with LTC (long term care) insurance have seen their premiums skyrocket 50%.

OneOpinion February 29, 2012 at 12:39 pm

Meanwhile, Obama pulls another secret anti American maneuver. After all Russia needs oil too.

DeniseVB February 29, 2012 at 12:59 pm

Maybe someone should ask Carney about this ? Haven’t heard Palin speak up yet, so still hoping it’s not true. Not only the oil resources, but what would prevent Russia from building missile bases on those islands?

Oh, and wonder what department Carney would deflect the question to?

langley barfly February 29, 2012 at 5:23 pm

someone in the WH “press corps” ask Propaganda Sec. Carney a ‘real-challenging question’…???

LMAO!!! oh, thats funny… never gonna happen

srdem65 February 29, 2012 at 12:53 pm

. Since a lot of city driving is hampered by slow traffic, you can also get better mpg by driving on the sidewalks thereby avoiding traffic jams.
Maybe taking out the seats to lighten the weight of the car and sitting on an empty 5-gallon bucket would improve your mpg, too. Removing the fenders, roof, trunk lid, and hood would help, too.
Replacing the gas-guzzling engine with a battery-operated motor would eliminate the whole problem of buying expensive fuel.

Wait. I’ve just described my handicap cart.

Just2old February 29, 2012 at 1:21 pm

Or, you can take a queue from former president Carter and change the national speed limit to 55MPH….man that was a popular move!

Mike C March 1, 2012 at 8:38 am

or turn down the heat and wear a sweater

Shofar February 29, 2012 at 1:38 pm

I’ve done the driving on the sidewalk part. It REALLY pisses people off!

Star February 29, 2012 at 2:40 pm

I was on that sidewalk…not good.

Laura February 29, 2012 at 2:04 pm

Other than a watered down version of national healthcare, Obama hasn’t accomplished any of his campaign promises. The Daily Rash has a great story about Obama’s 2012 campaign: “Hope and Change … for Real This Time!” http://www.thedailyrash.com/hope-and-change-for-real-this-time

Suzie February 29, 2012 at 6:15 pm

Funny stuff there!

Lizzy February 29, 2012 at 3:27 pm

Idiot he probably can’t even drive a car or tell where the engine is…fool.

AFVET February 29, 2012 at 3:48 pm

He can’t throw a baseball either, at least like a man.

Lizzy March 1, 2012 at 11:20 am

What can he do like a man I wonder?

Susan February 29, 2012 at 3:52 pm

Buzzfeed posted several Obama commercials from his 2008 campaign. The first one is hilarious. “I don’t take money from oil companies or Washington lobbyists…” Nah, he just like to shake ‘em down. What was it $20 billion he got from BP? As far as the Washington lobbyists, with all the “fundraisers” he has had in D.C. betcha couldn’t swing a dead cat without hitting several of them at one of those shindigs…

Mike C March 1, 2012 at 8:40 am

He audited classes at the Jesse Jackson shake-down school in Chicago.

Mike Lester February 29, 2012 at 4:55 pm

I may have missed it but do we have a “Tire Gauge Czar”? Pretty sure we’re getting an “Algae Czar” soon.

Susan February 29, 2012 at 5:47 pm

Wouldn’t doubt it. He must be running out of office space for all those czars… I’m still trying to figure out the job description of the Asian Carp czar.

Sadie February 29, 2012 at 6:02 pm

Algae Czar. LOL. It should be Nancy Pelousy – she promised to drain the swamp.

ol gator March 1, 2012 at 8:22 am

Definitely needs a Joke czar .. the man’s humor is no click above an asthma attack !

Girly1 February 29, 2012 at 6:25 pm
Wigglesworth February 29, 2012 at 6:33 pm

I can’t listen to the guy speak anymore. Fran Drescher’s laugh is less annoying.

Knothead February 29, 2012 at 9:34 pm

Agreed the price of energy is high but, the price FLOTUS’s healthy food is too expensive to bear. Go away Mr. OblameBush…..

Bumper sticker seen on the Presidential limousine, “My other rear end is Michelle.”