Michelle Obama Vacations Undercover

by Keith Koffler on February 22, 2012, 3:16 pm

If anyone thinks the White House is not aware of the political damage done by Michelle’s vacations, take a look at how she spent this last one.

Not a peep out of the first lady and her daughters the whole time they were at Aspen. No restaurants, no appearances, no sightseeing – nothing.

Instapundit quotes a reader out of Aspen who says “The Obamas are doing everything they can to be invisible in Aspen.”

Last year, skiing in Vail, Michelle stayed at a splashy hotel where rooms went for up to $2,000 a night and made sure to hit the best place restaurant on the mountain, causing a minor stir when she departed from the Lets’ Move diet and feasted on buffalo ribs.

This year, she hid out at the home of some extraordinarily wealthy donors to her husband’s campaign, emerging only to ski and then racing back inside to eat and sleep.

{ 1 trackback }

MT for re-redistribution February 22, 2012 at 3:47 pm

“You would think she could hold out until then”

She is doing the typical liberal thing; she is not going to go an inch out of her way to help, but rather take what she can get away with, even though it damages the collective effort. A microcosm of liberalism right there.

Besides, what if big o loses anyway, then she gave up yet another vaca for nuthin?

Anonna February 22, 2012 at 6:07 pm

Bingo — she did her three days prancing around the nation dressed like Mork and promoting causes — she gets her three days “skiing” at Aspen.

If BO loses, she’ll have the memories …..

Knothead February 22, 2012 at 8:03 pm

” You would think ”
99%ers are not required to think. The Obama’s (MeMechelle) will do the thinking and all “you” are required to do is listen and donate a dollar to the re-erection campaign of Barack Hussein Obama…

John Sherwood February 22, 2012 at 3:47 pm

Poor baby,Do you think that she was advised that your hubby is going to have to pay for this down the road big time.SAY VOTES BIG DUMMY.Who cares how many vacations you take as long as you are willing to pay for them out of your money,not ours/.
SAVVY

Girly1 February 22, 2012 at 3:49 pm

There’s nothing I dislike more than a SNEAK! And Queenie has them all beat! It is, however,kinda hard to sneak around the winding mountain roads in the snow with a 40 vehicle motorcade heralding your arrival! She LOVES to rub it in!

I also noticed in one of the pix that she had her girlfriends and their fugly kids traveling with her – they have been on every single trip here and abroad for the past 3 years! I wouldn’t be surprised if they are all living upstairs in the spare bedrooms at the Wh!

I am bothered more about Queenie’s activities outside the range of the cameras than what is being reported! I think we would all be shocked to find out about her secret life on AF Two and all of her surrepticious acrivities!
Someone needs to write a tell-all book!

ol gator February 22, 2012 at 4:14 pm

all they need is oprah to show up & complete the shyster sisterhood ! (she can be sneaky too) .. arrogance is as arrogance does .. im so over this breed of rodent to be out of our WH.. she got rhythm but she got no shame!

Jeff February 22, 2012 at 3:52 pm

Wait a minute, could it be possible that Queen Obama actually has a conscience? Or maybe she knows how wrong her lavish vacations are? No, if that was true she would have just slummed in the White House. :-)

Lizzy February 22, 2012 at 5:22 pm

Neither Obama have a conscience.

Janice/Granny Jan February 22, 2012 at 3:52 pm

Apparently, no one can tell her what to do. An example is from today. Nobody told her not sit like this if she’s going to wear a thigh length skirt. This is the AP but Reuters and Getty have equally as provocative photos.

There is something psychological going on. She’s passive agressive to BO as he is to her. She probably doesn’t want him to win deep down so she can go back to saying it’s a mean country. She’ll be rich either way and probably wants to be the next Oprah.

FromMissouri2 February 22, 2012 at 4:18 pm

Thanks for that link, I now have to go barf!

nelly February 22, 2012 at 4:25 pm

At least we didn’t get treated to crotch shots this time. . .

Mrs Compton February 22, 2012 at 4:34 pm

My gawd, my two year old could sit like a lady and not show her arse!!

Star February 22, 2012 at 4:45 pm

Pretty hoochy–you almost don’t notice how ugly the dress is!

GWShrub February 22, 2012 at 5:12 pm

Ew! Seriously? So gross!

Laura Bush is so classy & gracious. Somehow I just can’t see her sitting like that. I guess “the ‘first grifter” didn’t watch the monitor to see how embarrasing she looks.

Susan February 22, 2012 at 6:09 pm

Yuck….women with cottage cheese thunder thighs should have more modesty…

Anonna February 22, 2012 at 6:14 pm

1. Well, we now know that the glamourous Mrs. O waxes.

2. She already is Oprah — found the secret of weight loss, in television 24/7 promoting herself, striving for a gurl-friend image while living like Michelle Antoinette, and even has a celeb chef, the Bald Kass, traveling around on her behalf.

All she needs is a tv show, a mag with her face on it, and a bff like Gayle King. Perhaps King will jump ship from Oprah to ABC to being MoochMORE’s toady.

Knothead February 22, 2012 at 8:08 pm

Ewww, thanks for ruining my night..
Just kidding, when Boo Obama was elected it ruined all my nights.

gobnait February 22, 2012 at 9:12 pm

That photograph could be a powerful metaphor for the entire Obama presidency- undignified and low-rent. To echo a poster on another site, I miss grown-ups in the White House.

MarjoJimbo February 22, 2012 at 3:53 pm

I mentioned to a friend about Mrs. O’s trip to Aspen. He was not aware of it. Of course not. No ONE reported this except for you, Keith.

Janice/Granny Jan February 22, 2012 at 4:01 pm

The Obama campaign did everything they could to stifle info on it. I had the first video on You Tube on the Aspen trip and I was forced to take it down.
They are watching us. Pathetic, but true.

MarjoJimbo February 22, 2012 at 4:16 pm

Who forced you to take it down? I guess I am naive and believe in our Constitution:

“The First Amendment to the US Constitution is part of the Bill of Rights. The amendment prohibits …abridging the freedom of speech, infringing on the freedom of the press…”

Janice/Granny Jan February 22, 2012 at 4:27 pm

I did the smart thing and took it down before You Tube did it for me causing me problems. They sicced the Aspen photographer on me as they did to MOTUS. They were in the right legally but they shouldn’t be going after us small fry. If they are afraid of me what does that say about them?

AZ Granny February 22, 2012 at 5:19 pm

I think they are becoming desperate and very afraid of losing the election. Otherwise, why would they bother with the “small fry” as you put it or why would Obama sell himself for $1 raffle tickets? I wonder how many thugs we’re paying to sit and search the internet each day for things like your video and MOTUS’s post?

Lizzy February 22, 2012 at 5:26 pm

I loved it was a really large (pun intended)three panel picture and article in the middle of the Daily Mail! Love the Brits they ignore orders from
Obama’s hit squad!

nelly February 22, 2012 at 4:31 pm

The local birdcage liner, the Oregonian, never said a thing about this little trip. It is a treat to read the editorial pages and letters to the editor–a trip through left wing thought with nary a conservative thought. I’m sure in due time they will endorse “the president” for re election.

MarjoJimbo February 22, 2012 at 3:58 pm

Just read this:

“While the trip was still in the planning stage, the identity of the guests was kept completely under wraps, with code names used for everyone.”

Why use code names?

MT for re-redistribution February 22, 2012 at 5:10 pm

Nobody would guess Mooch would be going :-)

Anonna February 22, 2012 at 6:17 pm

How many little kids got taken along to keep the Princesses Obama company? Looks like Michelle Antoinette made do with bff two gurlfriends this time.

Charles Curran February 22, 2012 at 4:08 pm

Are you kidding me? Look for 2-3 more before the election. Then when Barry O is voted out, look for 3-4 more before January. Just as that attorney said to ‘Tailgunner Joe’, “Have you no shame”? Answer. No. Here are two people who are not even licenced in their chosen profession, and one is running the country. The joke is on us.

FromMissouri2 February 22, 2012 at 4:09 pm

Hey, her eating buffalo ribs, isn’t that close to cannibalism?

Wigglesworth February 22, 2012 at 5:17 pm

I’m sure everyone including Barack advised against going on another vacation, but the Mooch just couldn’t help herself. She is so deserving that the vacation just couldn’t wait.

AZ Granny February 22, 2012 at 5:22 pm

>>That she understands the problem and goes on an extravagant and unnecessary trip anyway is pretty astonishing. I mean, it’s only just ove eight months to Election Day. You would think she could hold out until then.<<

There is no stopping Michelle Antoinette. What she wants, she gets and she doesn't care about the optics.

Anonna February 22, 2012 at 6:19 pm

It’s like her solo trip to Spain, which I read was a spite trip aimed at BO. Now, she’s getting her vaycays in whether it hurts him or not. After all, she is the more popular of the two. It must hurt to do without because unpopular hubby needs votes to be re-elected. Poor just-call-me-Meesh.

AZ Granny February 23, 2012 at 9:51 am

Just like Obama said “don’t get between Michelle and a tamale” he also wouldn’t want to get between her and a trip.

Robin H February 22, 2012 at 5:37 pm

Maybe it will come up in the debates tonight. That would get it out to the national news. Newt is always good for that kind of stuff. I’ll keep my fingers crossed.

Sadie February 22, 2012 at 5:55 pm

“You would think she could hold out until then.”

Mooch took a cue from hubby’s “we can’t wait” campaign or as I call it Camp Pain™.

Brian H February 25, 2012 at 2:54 am

Making hay while the sun shines. It will set for good on her in November.

Susan February 22, 2012 at 6:29 pm

Meanwhile…Iran has just issued an order of execution for Pastor Youcef Nadarkhani. His crime? Converting to Christianity. Where’s fearless leader on this atrocity, or is he still sending his lackeys out to apologize for burning Korans?

Brian H February 25, 2012 at 2:56 am

I’m sure they’d issue a death fatwah on O’sheikster if he converted to Christianity, too!

MaryS February 22, 2012 at 7:15 pm

They have to keep her busy or else she’ll find some other way to intrude on our lives and the kid’s lunchboxes.

lc southern February 22, 2012 at 8:22 pm

I expect another vacation in May, July and September before school starts. Don’t really think Obama or his handlers can stop her from doing whatever she wants.

blondie February 22, 2012 at 11:08 pm

Don’t forget April break.(It used to be Easter,but I don’t think we can call it that anymore)

Car in February 23, 2012 at 9:25 am

Spring Break. That’s coming up. A week. Where will they go?

AZ Granny February 23, 2012 at 9:48 am

Definitely somewhere very expensive. She’s saving the cheap trips for when it’s on their own dime.

Trisha February 23, 2012 at 1:44 am

Poor Mrs. Obama, had to stay inside and not eat out at the fancy high priced places she is used to. It almost brings a tear to my eyes…sike not really, many Americans cant afford to get to work because gas is so high cant afford to feed our children good foods, fresh fruits and veggies have to get the cheap things or get the good stuff and not have the bills paid.

So her not getting to eat out and hobnob all over the place who gives a rats ass. My family hasnt had a vacation since Obama has taken office cant afford to get to work less lone go on a vacation something they think they are owed for a job well done well in my opinion, in the words of Donald Trump your fired, You havent done a good job! Obamas myself and many other Americans hope we can say that come Novmemer.

Lizzy February 23, 2012 at 6:47 am

Yesterday my 88 year old mom went to the pharmacy in our 21 year old Ford
Escort. When she left the brakes went out she couldn’t stop it for a very long time and then she was dangling almost over a steep incline. We can’t afford a
new used car let alone a new one they can fix it this time but I could have lost my mom and what more are we to share and sacrifice? I only have one mom
we could get a new car for one of Michelle’s outfits that is obscene!

Susan February 23, 2012 at 9:23 am

Thank God your mom wasn’t injured Lizzy. Keep your chin up, this national nightmare will soon be over.

Taxpayer April 4, 2012 at 12:07 pm

Ah, there’s the rub. How much good have been done in small towns across this country with the hundreds of millions if compelled taxpayer dollars that have been wasted on the excessive vacations and trips the Obamas have spent over the past three years–not to mention the innumerable bureaucrats and officials in federal gov’t.

We are not taxed too little, gov’t. spends too much!

Pete (DE) February 23, 2012 at 8:39 am

Either they are not that smart or they don’t give a rats ass what us little people think.

This administration can not come to a conclusion fast enough.

KN February 23, 2012 at 8:40 am

It’s nice to be Queen.

JMK February 23, 2012 at 10:02 am

Maybe if the Repulicans could muster more viable candidates than Romney and Santorum she’d be more concerned about appearances.

Susie Q February 25, 2012 at 2:01 pm

When you live the kind of life that Barry and her have obviously chosen you are never happy. They have essentially sold their souls for money, power and getting votes for a president that really should not be running for reelection. I have never believed she is really happy with BO, I have heard too many strange stories about him. But nevertheless, they will have no more paid for by the taxpayers for Air Force I and II after Jan 2013. When two out of every one peoples worst fear in America is seeing him get reelected he has lost the election. That is two thirds against one third. I can’t see how his prospects will get any better . Mainly because they have given no thought to what the average Joe is having to do to keep a roof over their heads. I would love to eat a good steak every once in a while and when the taxpayers are having to pay for them and their sycophants to live like elites while the ones footing the bill can’t afford hamburger meat that is a problem. In fact, our elected officials have forgotten just who put them in office.

Taxpayer April 4, 2012 at 11:59 am

I applaud her for reigning in her expenses this year. She should have done this last year out of respect for us taxpayers.

The Obamas vacation way too much, but I’d feel better if they more often attempted to keep expenditures down.

It is, after all, OUR hard-earned money they are spending to vacation–er make that our future generations’ money, since we’re borrowing it from them.

ray barnes April 22, 2012 at 7:33 pm

What did you expect when you voted for that bunch You got what you asked FOR . You americans like me that did not vote for that bunch. Thank you and may God Bless you and yours.

zdAU7S4B September 9, 2013 at 11:22 pm

488576 7193Oh my goodness! a amazing write-up dude. Thanks a good deal Nonetheless We are experiencing trouble with ur rss . Do not know why Not able to sign up to it. Possibly there is anybody finding identical rss dilemma? Anyone who knows kindly respond. Thnkx 338874