Raw Footage || Obama and Brewer Smackdown

by Keith Koffler on January 27, 2012, 8:26 am

I thought you might want to see actual footage of the confrontation Wednesday between President Obama and Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer (R).

Obama was protesting passages in Brewer’s recent book that say he was condescending during an Oval Office meeting. The White House says she is lying.

Obama sought to minimize the exchange, but in doing so added a little insult to injury by suggesting Brewer was hyping the matter for political purposes.

“I think it’s always good publicity for a Republican if they’re in an argument with me,” Obama told Diane Sawyer Thursday.

You’ll notice Obama’s limo partially obscures the nastiness. I doubt he would have gotten into it with her if the cameras had a direct shot. I’m sure he was aware of where the cameras were, and I wouldn’t completely discount that the car’s positioning was staged so he could give her a piece of his mind.

This is the only video I could find that shows the full encounter right up to the point where Obama started walking away while Brewer apparently was still in mid sentence. The quality is not perfect, and title of the video is not mine.

DeniseVB January 27, 2012 at 8:59 am

I thought governors and mayors usually schedule root canals when Obama comes to visit ;)

Glad to hear this morning, Gov. Brewer’s book climbed from #80 something to #10 in 24 hours. Amazon saying it’s the fastest a book has ever moved up ! I may go order it as a thank you :D

AZ Granny January 27, 2012 at 2:15 pm

our local CBS affiliate reported yesterday that Brewer’s book sales increased 1.5 million% and ranked #21. So happy she’s up to #10 today! woohoo!

Russell January 27, 2012 at 9:43 am

Thanks for sharing this video Keith. Yes, it is hard to tell what is actually taking place, but just by watching the noding of the heads it is obvious that there was an exchange.
I am glad that what ever the exchange between them was, that she stood her ground and didn’t let him get over on her. Typical Alynski progressive tactic to talk over a challenge and even walk off.
I hope her book goes to #1. Good for her.

Star January 27, 2012 at 10:42 am

Maybe the State Dept can buy some to run up sales…

Star January 27, 2012 at 10:40 am

Did he even bother with the phony show the ivories smile? I wonder who packaged up that excerpt for him–he was up in her grill–violating her space…I did see that… Reactions here are mixed–one do-goody columnist is trying to tag her with the name Miss Temper Tantrum–it’s all getting stupid. Or stupider. It sounds like he started it–was loaded for bear. Now they are contrasting her with Giffords, who is to epitomize class and maturity in this scenario. Ack. Can’t we leave Giffords out of anything?

QueenOfScott January 27, 2012 at 10:50 am

Well, you know – Saints vs. Satans…

Anonna January 27, 2012 at 2:52 pm

Gotta compare a woman to a woman, can’t just let Governor Brewer be a govenor who has defended the interests her people. Remember, “make it personal” is part of the Alinsky plan.

Mike Lester January 27, 2012 at 10:52 am

Looks like he found “whose ass to kick” (-or thought he could.) Any surprise it’s an old lady?

For the record, the POTUS and the U.S. GOVERNMENT is SUING one of the 57 states:

Star January 27, 2012 at 3:34 pm

Whoa–old lady–the guv is younger than I am.

Rubin January 27, 2012 at 12:20 pm

Keith,

There’s a second ‘raw’ video of the encounter taken from the other side of the limo.

This has to be the one from which the Brewer finger pointing came from…. but if you’ll notice, it cuts to your video at 0:19.

Maybe you can find the rest of it.

Russell January 27, 2012 at 12:56 pm

I find it interesting Rubin that AP opted to switch to the other footage. That in it self should make people sctrach their heads, even without knowing out the other footage.

Keith can and will find it. I know he is wearing his Jedi helmet today and is ready.

Anonna January 27, 2012 at 2:54 pm

Keith, can you find it? Why would the AP make that cut to a shot that hides everything unless it was trying to protect our Boy President from looking bad?

Rubin January 27, 2012 at 3:52 pm

There has to be more footage from that raw video I posted.

Here’s another picture of Brewer and Obama from the same camera angle that isn’t part of the edited clip.

Sara B January 27, 2012 at 12:22 pm

You are right about the limo placement Keith. I’ve rarely seen the beast that close to Air Force One unless the weather is bad. He planned to rake her over the coals to influence the Hispanic vote. Looks like it back fired. ;)

srdem65 January 27, 2012 at 12:36 pm

When a President flies into the state capitol of the very state that he directed his DoJ to sue after the same DoJ used that state’s people to sell illegal guns that killed 2 of that state’s residents and that state’s Governor gives him the wagging finger, what kind of reception did he expect to get?

AZ Granny January 27, 2012 at 2:25 pm

I only wish Brewer had taken one of those signs with her that the Obama admin plastered up out in the desert along I-8, 80 miles north of the border, warning us not to enter the area due to illegal immigrants, human smuggling, drug smuggling, and so forth.

Here’s Brewer’s video about the signs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzDlN7VLmXQ

Anonna January 27, 2012 at 2:56 pm

What an ass. He makes it look as if SHE started the argument.

Which is interesting because the race-card-waving semi-illiterate who commented on this site a few threads back also had it wrong that Brewer had started the argument.

Star January 27, 2012 at 3:38 pm

My take is someone charged him up handing him the excerpt–which I have not seen quoted, just paraphrased, wonder why–and got him riled…and he clunkily lashed into it barely even saying hello.

Star January 27, 2012 at 3:41 pm

That “she just wants publicity” gambit is just him trying to be an old smoothie once again.

Goldwaterite January 27, 2012 at 6:52 pm

If it weren’t for those obfuscating yokels in flyover country who “bitterly cling to their guns & religion”, we could truly admire our Dear Leader in His complete radiance. Shame upon the Governor for her failure to genuflect. :D

rulierose January 27, 2012 at 7:57 pm

this video doesn’t tell me much of anything. neither does the youtube one someone posted the link for below. but thanks to both of you for sharing them! I can’t help but believe Brewer. she’s a straight shooter. and we already know Barry doesn’t mind spinning the facts, so why should we believe him anyway?

I’d like to see the “body language lady” on Bill O’Reilly analyze these tapes; I wonder what she’d have to say.

Star January 28, 2012 at 10:56 am

First, that woman is pretty pro-Obama, in my not so humble. And O’Reilly already had two women on about this–of course, it’s a woman problem, don’tcha know. They blabbed for a while but neither really took his side. Bill said talking about some book made him look small…or that was the gist. Look–I am not a Brewer fan, she has done things I abhor–now all of a sudden we have a budget SURPLUS after knocking handicapped people off the rolls, etc? But in this case, the president got in her darn FACE. Our letters to the editor are split–oh, she should be respectful or hey, she stood up for us. So I call it a draw–now…can I have my time back?

CAR January 28, 2012 at 9:49 am

To me, it looks as if BO never shut up!