Obama Raising $1M-Plus From Native Americans

by Keith Koffler on January 27, 2012, 5:21 pm

President Obama this afternoon is in Washington raising more than $1 million from Native Americans.

Tickets “start” at $15,000, and about 70 people are expected to attend.

From the pool report:

In less than 5 minutes motorcade was at the swank Mandarin. This group of donors is the Native American Leadership Council; the pool is holding outside the ballroom and several men with beaded neck-pieces have walked past for the restroom.

Coming in the main entrance of the hotel, pool passed actor George Hamilton and a youngish (of course) woman walking out.

ac7880 January 27, 2012 at 5:31 pm

$15,000 per ticket eh? Must be some new regulations coming that further favor Indian Casinos.

DeniseVB January 27, 2012 at 5:40 pm

Whoa, what? Didn’t he cut off their tax-exempt ciggie sales, which cost my favorite upstate NY tribe, Seneca Nation, millions (cough). I signed petitions and donated to their freaking cau$e to STOP OBAMA.

Grrrrr….

Knothead January 27, 2012 at 5:42 pm

Kinda low rent fund-raiser isn’t it? Usually it’s $38,000 and up.

MT for re-redistribution January 27, 2012 at 6:48 pm

racism!

QueenOfScott January 27, 2012 at 5:51 pm

I thought all/most Native Americans were drunk and poor living on the reservation in squalid conditions. My stereotyping ignorance…..

QueenOfScott January 27, 2012 at 6:17 pm

Just never thought of the Native Americans as rich with wads of cash to waste. Who knew? Gee, I guess Michelle could find herself a bunch of overweight tweeners sitting in a MickyD’s in Ethiopia.

QueenOfScott January 27, 2012 at 8:30 pm

Sorry – I’m in a foul mood – my husband (who has had a hard time finding decent work – mid-50′s) just got laid off from his job last night.

We finally got the son thru college this last December (without debt or government assistance), and now again we have to worry about the mortgage payment. Things were just starting to come together.

srdem65 January 27, 2012 at 8:54 pm

I’m sorry to hear about your troubles. We can only hope that things get better soon.

Star January 28, 2012 at 10:37 am

Yes, Queen–me, too…horrible. I do a site that might have a tip or two…this is all so hard. http://hopeycopey.blogspot.com. I will be thinking of you–if I can help, you can get me through the blog.

Susan January 27, 2012 at 6:18 pm

George Hamilton is a native Indian? Old coot must have something left from his acting career if he can still afford to escort “youngish (of course)” women.

srdem65 January 27, 2012 at 6:37 pm

He’s collecting his due for having the DoJ shut down the off-shore gambling sites that were cutting into the Indian casino profits.

Susan January 27, 2012 at 7:50 pm

No doubt about it srdem.

DV January 27, 2012 at 6:38 pm

Possibly money from environmental lobbying groups that pay the bands….at least that is what happens up in Canada

Sadie January 27, 2012 at 6:38 pm

American Indians, politics and Hollywood …

Sacheen Littlefeather (1973)

anneinarkansas January 27, 2012 at 7:37 pm

A spectale for all tonight and all day….Bam continues his leftie progression with his leftie supporters.

rawheadrex January 27, 2012 at 8:36 pm

Didn’t the Choctaw in Oklahoma fight on the side of the Confederacy? I recall the Fourteen Flags over Oklahoma display at the state capitol some years ago included the pre-statehood Choctaw flag. Some of the local black groups bitched about inclusion of the flag, despite its legitimacy as an element of the colorful history of a great state, and it was removed. It is wonderful to remove the superficial manifestations of history without being responsible for answering the questions about history.
“We learn from history that we do not learn from history.”
George Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel 1770-1831
“Those who do not read history are condemned to repeat it.”
Georges Santayana 1880-1951
The more information that is available to us, especially about the abject failure of socialism on every level, has proven no influence on the mentality of people who have never had to work or genuinely achieve based on their ability and their preferred treatment based on their dubious claims of racial, sexual or character discrimination. America is the land of the lowest common denominator; good bye America.

Susan January 27, 2012 at 9:32 pm

Don’t give up on US yet. There are a whole bunch of Americans who still have a lot of fight in them. We’ll just have to move beyond the Obama acolytes who can’t communicate beyond an 8th grade level and save this country despite them.

Star January 28, 2012 at 10:39 am

Nothing wrong with communicating at 6th-8th grade level. We need to keep it simple and clear ourselves. Simple–not simplistic…

Susan January 28, 2012 at 11:01 am

I’m talking about people who know more about who won Dancing with the Stars than they do about who their senators and congressmen are.

Star January 28, 2012 at 11:56 am

I hear this beef–but I watch plenty of reality shows, sitcoms and cop operas and still know other things…but yes, I would say most people don’t know what’s what…I have highly educated friends who try to school me on how mean Republicans are–how they want people to suffer…

Susan January 28, 2012 at 12:38 pm

Highly educated people have just gone through 4 or more years of liberal indoctrination than others. I could carry on a civil political discussion with my brother-in-law before he became a professional college student. Nowadays he disassociates himself from us riffraff conservatives.

Mindiddy January 28, 2012 at 2:09 am

I don’t know about the Choctaw history, but the Cherokee tribe owned slaves. When the Civil War ended they were absorbed and were known as Freedmen with tribal rights. The Cherokee tribe held an election this past fall and rescinded those rights to descendents, but I think there’s some ongoing brouha over it.

Anonna January 28, 2012 at 11:19 am

Mini– This is what I read. The reason AfAms were kicked out of the Cherokee tribe is because now being a member of the tribe means getting $$$$$. When it was a matter of keeping the numbers up, the AfAm descendants of slaves were welcome. But the $$$$ made the Cherokee all interested in racial purity in their membership.

Noble Red Man, indeed,

Annie's Mom January 27, 2012 at 9:44 pm

Just who is the “Native American Leadership Council”. I’ve spent the last hour Binging…can’t find anything! What tribes? Who are these people?

Susan January 27, 2012 at 10:05 pm

According to one article I found the Native American Leadership Committee isn’t a formal group and it’s members are “unclear”.

DV January 27, 2012 at 9:53 pm

Back to his address the other day, found these most knowledgable comments about his new found love of the gas industry….

Connie January 27, 2012 at 10:29 pm

I had a 35 year old contractor in to give a bid on some dirt work. His second wife is the office manager and she came with him. Cute lil thing, blonde, blue eyes, perky and so on. I learned later that she is “part American Indian” and so the business qualifies as a Minority Owned business and they are given preference in contracts. His business was successful long before this second marriage to her.

Meanwhile I recently met a third year veterinary student from Kansas State University. Another salt of the earth blonde, petite gal from a small Kansas town. In discussion with her I learned that because of her American Indian heritage- her grandmother married a part Indian- she is given special preferences and reduced (if not free) education fees. Really??

This diluted genetics that factors into free, special and reduced fees and services bugs the hell out of me. Neither of these girls have lived on a reservation or have plans to assist Native Americans, just going to suck at the teat of the PC cow that created this muck.

Mindiddy January 28, 2012 at 1:55 am

I’m Sooner born and Sooner bred, and I know a lot of blue eyed freckle faced Indians. In order to receive benefits one must be on a tribal roll. I had alway believed that all Native Americans received scholarships and full rides to college, but in OK it depends upon the tribe and its wealth and laws. I find some irony in Obama meeting with leaders when he preaches about fair shares. There are many Indian nations in OK, and they aren’t by any means equal. I haven’t a drop of NA blood, but I don’t begrudge them their benefits. Oklahoma means home of the red man, and it was taken away from them.

Star January 28, 2012 at 10:45 am

Becoming an enrolled member of a tribe varies from tribe to tribe–what percentage and what requirements pertain.There is a controversy now about some tribes disenrolling people who have been in the tribe many generations–at the root, money of course.

Robin H January 27, 2012 at 10:33 pm

Keith, if the pool of reporters are never allowed inside, why do they continue to attend? They’re treated like papparazzi: allow them one or 2 pictures and then evade them the rest of the night.

I was going to say they were like prostitutes hanging around on street corners, but I won’t.

Mark Holbrook January 28, 2012 at 5:46 am

I’m sure that when BO finished scalping all the Native Americans at this fund raiser they understood how the rest of us have been feeling for the last three years. I did hear that they gave him a tribal name: Big Chief Broken Promise Speaks With Split Tongue.

Car in January 28, 2012 at 8:24 am

It’s too bad this guy has a day-job and doesn’t have any time for campaigning/raising funds.

DeniseVB January 28, 2012 at 9:13 am
Susan January 28, 2012 at 10:37 am

We received this rating because “journalists” were arrested during OWS? Here I thought the rating was a result of the press suppressing the the truth about their favored omnipotent president. Freedom of the press does not include participating in riots and destruction of other people’s property.

Star January 28, 2012 at 10:35 am

Beaded neckpieces–bola ties perhaps? Yes, certain factions of the Native Am community are into this.

Pastor emeritus Nathan Bickel January 28, 2012 at 11:49 am

Even native American Indians are familiar with the old classic. Like the crowd in Hans Christian Anderson’s, “The Emperor With No Clothes,” they turn out for this grand master of deception……

Obama – Maybe a Citizen of the United States but Not a “natural born Citizen” of the United States

karyn January 28, 2012 at 1:30 pm

I am half Apache. Am so disappointed that they would do that.

qestout January 29, 2012 at 12:01 am

I’m not, and I don’t see what possible gain will come of this.