Michelle’s Birthday Dinner: Steak

by Keith Koffler on January 17, 2012, 7:58 pm

Updated at 9:28 pm ET

President Obama this evening took Michelle out to the restaurant BLT Steak to celebrate her 48th birthday, which is today. Also along were Valerie Jarrett “and other friends,” according to the pool report.

The BLT Porterhouse. Nowhere to be found on Michelle's school lunch menu.

BLT Steak, just blocks from the White House, touts itself as an “American Steakhouse” that “combines bistro ambiance with steakhouse fare.”

It’s actually a high end chain, with 11 locations around the world.

Entrees typically are in the $40 range, though you can order the 12 oz American Wagyu Ribeye and part with $92 if you are so inclined, according to the menu.

I would never go there because it would confuse my palate, since I’d arrive thinking bacon lettuce and tomato but would have to order steak, since there’s no BLT on the menu.

I love BLT’s.

Bait and switch if you ask me.

UPDATE: Looks like the restaurant didn’t get the message that Obama is a Man of the People and a Middle Class Warrior.

From the latest pool report:

Here’s a fun fact: BLT now features “Obama burgers” as part of their burger specials.  POTUS burger is $28 for 8 oz Kobe American burger, w cheddar bacon, burnt tomato ketchup and spicy Scallion mustard.

Sadie January 17, 2012 at 8:05 pm

My quote of the day: “Let them eat st’cake.”

Sadie January 17, 2012 at 10:33 pm

Modification: Looks like they’re eating smoke bombs this evening (courtesy of OWS).

Granny Jan/Janice January 17, 2012 at 8:36 pm

This has to be the most expensive menu yet. It’s tone deaf as usual.
I had to laugh at ValJar’s name. Ben Shapiro wrote a delicious article :
Far better than Wagyu.

SnarkEsq. January 17, 2012 at 8:56 pm

Great article, Jan. Thanks for linking it.

Susan January 17, 2012 at 9:24 pm

“Everything is yours, Mr. President.” Very enlightening article Granny Jan. Thank you for sharing.

Just2old January 18, 2012 at 7:50 am

The “cry-baby-in-chief”. Awesome!
Thanks JG!

SnarkEsq. January 17, 2012 at 8:40 pm

I’m shocked the queen didn’t have her favorite, lobster. As for the $92, American Wagyu Ribeye, I think they only have that at the White House when the taxpayers are footing the bill.

SnarkEsq. January 17, 2012 at 8:55 pm

I just checked the menu and I doubt she had steak with this available: Grilled 2lb Maine Lobster / Cognac Jus ($55). They also have an appetizer of Lobster Salad “Cobb” Style ($23).

Granny Jan/Janice January 17, 2012 at 9:13 pm

No surf and turf?

Mike C January 18, 2012 at 6:22 am

Any nice restaurant will make whatever someone wants if they have the ingredients. So if BigButt wanted steak and lobster, I am sure they could kow-tow to that.
Just a note, got a super nice steak house here in Illinois with an 8 oz Kobe Burger on the lunch menu for 14.95. Of course, being in Central IL, you can’t charge those over-priced meals to the taxpayers.

rawheadrex January 17, 2012 at 8:49 pm

How often may one observe a pig eating beef?
The entire Obama administration has been a revenge on white people for the imagined grievances visited on the black people. Recognize compensation, then ask yourself where would the few members of the slaves-captor tribes sold to the Dutch be if they had not survived the journey to America?
The history is so obscure; but rest assured, the African blacks who survived prospered far beyond those who remained in Africa.
If you contest that, examine the economic development and product of the major economies. Africa is locked in non-productivity because of its tribes.

Lanie January 17, 2012 at 9:38 pm

And isn’t it interesting how many billions of dollars in aid we greedy, racist Americans have sent to the tribal-waring Africans as well as sending people from government, private industries, and non-profits to teach them hygiene, dig wells, provide medical services and surgeries, teach them how to grow food and on and on and yet there is little to no progress in them coming into the 21st century?

Anonna January 17, 2012 at 10:37 pm

And we are developing our own tribes thanks to the racialists such as Michelle Obama who preach the “our people” and “our community” are those who share racial genes.

It’s not only AfAm, let’s not forget about the La Razists.

Pastor emeritus Nathan Bickel January 17, 2012 at 8:50 pm

Far be it from me to deny our nation’s Fat Czar, a celebratory birthday dinner. I trust that the (unconstitutional fake) First Lady saved room for some French fry cake……….

DeniseVB January 17, 2012 at 9:11 pm

She’s going to rue the day she picked nutrition and NoKidsFatBehind(tm) as her “cause”. We’ll never let her enjoy a meal again ;)

Sadie January 17, 2012 at 9:24 pm

Love it – must plagarize it. :-)

NoKidsFatBehind.

Lanie January 17, 2012 at 9:44 pm

Sending it to Laura Ingraham who I hope writes a sequel to her book “The Obama Diaries” which was a hoot. In it, she credits Raymond Arroyo for coining the term “Razzle-Dazzle” to describe the Chicago/Hollywood, sickening reality show we have been subjected to since the minute Obama announced his plans to scam the American people.

Susan January 17, 2012 at 9:34 pm

“NoKidsFatBehind(tm)” – too funny. As long as she keeps trying to tell us what to eat, she will never be able to gnaw on another steak in peace.

Lizzy January 17, 2012 at 11:45 pm

She’s toned and perfect these rules don’t apply to HRH just the fat and
ugly dumb peasants who have to pay for her high dollar meals. She’s
perfect don’t you know:-(

srdem65 January 17, 2012 at 10:20 pm

When ordinary people take “Mom” out for birthday dinner, it’s not just to celebrate the day, but to make sure that “Mom” doesn’t have to cook the dinner for herself. Which begs the question; if MrsO has a fully staffed, professional kitchen staff to prepare anything she desires, then why do the Obamas choose to eat out at retail restaurants?

It must be important for the Obamas to get into the motorcade, to stop traffic, to interrupt the unsuspecting diners to enjoy a steak dinner. The need to throw their weight around or prove their importance must be a deciding factor in the never-ending public, but, private excursions.

Granny Jan/Janice January 17, 2012 at 10:48 pm

Well said. Add this to what you wrote. Both Obamas always lament about life in the “bubble”. What better way to put yourself in the “bubble” than to be gawked at in these public/private moments. When they go to these restaurants they are sealed off in a sort of bubble. No one is allowed to take photos or text what is going on in the Obama bubble they themselves create.

Lizzy January 17, 2012 at 11:49 pm

They feed pun intended on the attention and I think the bad remarks.
We can’t do anything till Nov and they know the press will cover for them no matter what they do again it’s time for MO to get her daily
fix of sticking it to us she loves the power.

Lanie January 18, 2012 at 12:10 pm

They probably can’t stand to be in the “white” house.

Anonna January 17, 2012 at 10:39 pm

Guys and gals, you missed the sacrificing message here –

it’s a chain restaurant.

Michelle Antoinette ate her B-Day dinner at a chain restaurant to prove that she’s just like us. I bet she got the party decorations and party favors from Target.

Susan January 17, 2012 at 10:56 pm

It may be a chain restaurant but it’s too high class for my family. Remember how she strong-armed the Darden restaurant chain to change their menus? No more unlimited bread sticks at the Olive Garden for us peasants because of her meddling.

Lizzy January 17, 2012 at 11:56 pm

That really made my blood boil I worked in the restaurant business and
and I think if she’d tried that they would have told her take a hike. It’s
still a free country and she has no right to tell me or anyone else what
to eat. Those restaurants should be ashamed funny why not eat at the
Darden places she made the menu change you can bet BLT wouldn’t
fall for her menu changes. Do as I say but I can eat anything. Bloody
woman.

Car in January 18, 2012 at 7:32 am

Olive Garden – it was reported in November or December – has seen it’s sales DROP. And, this wasn’t an industry wide deal – just OG. Which cooperated with Michelle’s food nazi tactics.

Robin H January 18, 2012 at 8:21 am

The only reason to go there is the bread sticks. If they’re not unlimited, why bother? The rest of the food stinks. Same with the Red Lobster bisquits.

Susan January 18, 2012 at 9:26 am

My family hasn’t stepped one foot in our local Olive Garden since that happened. At least we still have a say in whether we support these companies when they bow to the pleasures of the food tyrant.

FromMissouri2 January 18, 2012 at 9:37 am

Susan,

I’ve not heard of Olive Garden dropping the unlimited bread sticks and the only reference I find when I google it is about Darden saying they will cut sodium and fat by 20% over the next decade. Are you sure this just isn’t your local store playing games?

Susan January 18, 2012 at 11:49 am

It is possible. My understanding is it came under the guise of cutting portion sizes. Regardless, they lost my patronage by knuckling under to the food nazi.

Robin H January 18, 2012 at 12:29 pm

I just checked their website and it still says unlimited salad and breadsticks. Maybe they have a cutoff point, like bartenders do? :)

Lanie January 18, 2012 at 12:15 pm

The first-messiah and his family doesn’t have to come right out and say they are going to decide for us what we can have and how much of it we are allowed to have. They use their “celebrity” status to push their agenda. And then use the confiscated taxpayer’s monies to redistribute to their favored individuals, groups, organizations and companies run by incompetents such as themselves.

Granny Jan/Janice January 17, 2012 at 11:33 pm

“BLT Steak in Washington, DC recently launched a rotating menu of political-themed sandwiches, but not mentioned in the original press release were two hamburgers: The 99% ($9.99) and The 1% ($58). The 99% hamburger is a 6oz patty melt served on Wonder Bread, and the 1% hamburger is 8oz of “Kobe” beef served with foie gras, gold leaf, and Grey Poupon.”

Robin H January 18, 2012 at 8:21 am

Saw that. The comments are great!

Dan January 18, 2012 at 8:55 am

Sounds like one of those “choking incidents” waiting to happen.

brstevens January 18, 2012 at 9:03 am

$28 for a hamburger seems reasonable.

P. Diddy January 18, 2012 at 10:58 am

Odd, on the main page, it says this has 29 comments, and when I click on this story, it only comes up with 1.

P. Diddy January 18, 2012 at 10:58 am

and when I reply, it appears the rest of them come out of the closet.

Lizzy January 18, 2012 at 12:55 pm

Well looks like HRH went all in $81 10oz Wagu Top Cap and $100 worth of
appetizers. What’s the word I’m searching for?

Lois Hunter February 2, 2012 at 8:17 am

please provide the receipts for the vacation and the receipt from the Birthday lunch. Even though this is private and know of my business, was this on the tax payors. How many presidents played golf?

I was just as broke under George Bush, Bill Clinton, George Bush Senior, and all the rest so what is your point.
Comment on all the white people are working and not the blacks people. This is always the case last hired first fired that is the lot of black people .

david February 18, 2012 at 11:20 am

I’m sorry, that meal does not meet USDA guidelines. I am replacing it with chicken nuggets and milk and sending a bill home with you.