Obama Appears to Have Slept In

by Keith Koffler on January 12, 2012, 11:56 am

Well, I thought the lack of a schedule today – there’s nothing on the public notice, not even the usual classified intel briefing – meant that the president might show up somewhere in the White House for a press conferece.

Often, when there’s nothing on the schedule, it’s because the staff plans to spend the morning prepping the president for questions from the press. And then a press conference is suddenly scheduled for around midday.

But nothing’s been scheduled, and it appears the briefing by White House Press Secretary Jay Carney is on for 1:30 pm.

WHICH MEANS OBAMA PROBABLY WAS JUST SLEEPING IN.

He got back from raising money in Chicago at 2 am last night. I assume that his work load was lightened so that he could roll in late.

Wake up Mr. President! Wake up! You’ve got to get up early to create or save jobs!

Romney’s getting up early ever day. You’ve got to believe that guy operates like a Swiss timepiece. Every hair in place by 5 am.

So wake up!

Scott January 12, 2012 at 12:00 pm

Seems like I’ve heard more than one quote from the President stating that he and his administration won’t rest until every American who wants a job has one. Gotta call BS on that one…

He’s interested ONLY in getting re-elected. If he can improve the lives of the people he’s supposed to lead while focusing on the campaign, I’m sure he’ll do it. He’s just not going to make full empolyment his #1 priority.

Keith Koffler January 12, 2012 at 8:58 pm

Right.

One Mad Woman January 12, 2012 at 12:00 pm

Please no!!!! Let the fool sleep. He will cause us less damage that way!

William January 12, 2012 at 12:20 pm

Amen.

ArnoldLayne January 12, 2012 at 1:03 pm

And, AMEN!

Mike C January 12, 2012 at 3:13 pm

it is hard to sleep in that luxurious bedroom on Air Force One, you know.

Keith Koffler January 12, 2012 at 8:58 pm

Sorry, I’ll sing him a lullaby and get him back to sleep.

srdem65 January 12, 2012 at 12:16 pm

or:
There’s some sort of peacemaking happening in the private residence.
or:
They got in too late last night to count the money so they had to do it today.
or:
AF1 is out for repairs and he won’t fly coach.

Star January 12, 2012 at 12:41 pm

You mean…”makeup…no, can’t even think it.

srdem65 January 12, 2012 at 12:45 pm

I’m wrong about #1 and #3; MrsO is in SouthCarolina making speeches and gathering money today.

Lizzy January 12, 2012 at 1:48 pm

Yes she’s busy all week. Guess the fashion industry was overstocked
on sleeveless dresses she hasn’t had a new one since the ABW interview.

Mark Davis, MD January 12, 2012 at 12:26 pm

Next Press conference Obama’s teleprompter will be set on position two. This means he will utilize a more sophisticated vocabulary and sound less schizophrenic. Obama has a very low threshhold for questions that he has not been prepared, his emotions become obvious. Point: His capacity to speak extemporaneously is minimal without mechanical aids and a puppeteer to push the buttons. MD

Whoisjohngalt January 12, 2012 at 12:57 pm

Good point, Mark. Let me expand on that a bit. His long pauses between quickly constructed points are his downfall when he speaks off teleprompter. Example was the the long pause on the Cambridge police action then the police bashing comment: I…Think…thepoliceactedstupidly. This speaking style, to me, seems to make the speaker cover his opinion to masquerade as a fact.
Obama’s mummy and nana should have taught him the power of getting up and going to bed early and working hard in between. Read Jon Adams.

P. Diddy January 12, 2012 at 1:08 pm

So, you have noticed his bad William Shatner impression as well? Burst of speech from his handlers on the teleprompter, pause while they type more, then another burst?

Keith Koffler January 12, 2012 at 9:00 pm

We . . . must . . . . createjobs.

Mark Davis, MD January 12, 2012 at 1:19 pm

Excellent point. MD

Mike C January 12, 2012 at 3:15 pm

I always thought the long pauses were him listening to an earpiece, for what to say next, ala Cyrano de Begerac.

langley barfly January 12, 2012 at 3:16 pm

…and they say Barack Hussein Obama was a “law professor” -WTF? his ‘classes’ must have been awful… (but NO ONE has ever claimed to have been in his class?)

Susan January 12, 2012 at 12:39 pm

Just shows what his priorities are…and they sure don’t have anything to do with the health and welfare of America or her people. On another note, enough of this electing someone because they ‘look’ presidential. Perry’s moniker here in Texas is ‘Governor Goodhair’, so he would be just as acceptable as Romney if we’re using coiffure as a qualification.

Star January 12, 2012 at 12:40 pm

The m an is 50, no matter how many stairs he bounds up two at a time. He can’t go with no sleep–and I don’t want him to–this is all too scary as it is.

kmbog January 12, 2012 at 12:41 pm

I bet if he had a tee time setup for eleven he would have been up.

Mark Holbrook January 12, 2012 at 12:59 pm

My money is on that there will not be a press conference. How many times can he say the same meaningless horse hockey before he realizes that even the press is starting to tune him out. The only time his hope and change message resonates is at a $1,000/plate fund raiser.

MT for re-redistribution January 12, 2012 at 1:22 pm

Hmmm, if I didn’t show up for work because I was out trying to convince people to donate money because I was doing such a good job, well, I would have a lot of nerve.

Star January 12, 2012 at 1:35 pm

Snort–funny, MT.

Keith Koffler January 12, 2012 at 9:01 pm

Nice.

Janna January 12, 2012 at 1:48 pm

I doubt he missed much since this is a guy who is so brilliant his daily briefing on the situations in Afganistan, Pakistan, Syria, North Korea and other little hot spots only last half an hour. No doubt because he is focused like a laser on his re-election.

ol gator January 12, 2012 at 2:43 pm

we must cut him some slack for he does have other important issues to focus his “lazer beam” on..
his wonderful legacy!

Janna January 12, 2012 at 3:57 pm

snarky snort !!

Keith Koffler January 12, 2012 at 9:02 pm

So that’s where the laser is focused!

Old Timer January 12, 2012 at 1:54 pm

What happened to the bed on Air Force One? He could have caught some shuteye while in route from Chicago and DC.

Beedogs January 12, 2012 at 4:57 pm

He was wound too tight from the coke binge to sleep on board AF1.

jeff January 12, 2012 at 1:55 pm

I figured out why he slept in, he was up late makin his new email called
FLOTUS

Jeff –
When you become president, one thing that happens overnight is that you and everyone you love get a bunch of new nicknames.
I was already pretty used to this. But “FLOTUS,” short for First Lady of the United States, is really something else.
I’m writing because our FLOTUS, Michelle, turns 48 on Tuesday, and I know I’m not her only fan out there.
Will you join me in wishing her a happy birthday?
The decision to become part of this campaign was deeply personal for a lot of people, and Michelle and I are no exception. But we both knew, like anyone else who believes in what we’re trying to do here, that this was never going to be easy.
This fall, Michelle and I will have been married 20 years. The next 10 months will be harder than any we’ve experienced together, and I couldn’t do it without her. I know she’d love to hear from you today:
Thanks for your support,
Barack
P.S. — This weekend, people are getting together to volunteer in their communities in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. Find out how you can join in at serve.gov.
Paid for by Obama for America

Susan January 12, 2012 at 2:20 pm

Don’t we all know that ;-)

Barry Soetoro
Abu Hussain
Obozo
Oblahblah
Mr. Hoax and Chains
Mr. Present-dent

ol gator January 12, 2012 at 2:53 pm

and theres’ more:
obummer
obambo
insane hussein
dinglebarry
moochie’s boy
odumbo
“barry hussein ,the lost ball in the high weeds”

Star January 12, 2012 at 3:06 pm

Well, which is it? MLK or FLOTEY? I can’t keep up with this braintrust over there.

Star January 12, 2012 at 3:07 pm

Bam
Oblowme
Himself
Resident

Star January 12, 2012 at 3:09 pm

Yeah–the Respect Train has pretty much gone on down the old tracks, hasn’t it?

Susan January 12, 2012 at 3:27 pm

How much respect have these grifters shown the American people? In my opinion, respect is earned not given.

Old Timer January 12, 2012 at 4:49 pm

Secret Service Code names are…

Obama Renegade
Michelle Renaissance (or Excellency)
Malia Radiance
Sasha Rosebud

Someone likes “Rs”.

Mark Davis, MD January 12, 2012 at 5:10 pm

The real question is: Where is Barack sleeping???

Whoisjohngalt January 12, 2012 at 6:05 pm

I am so lost for words here. Please, just stop with the asking for money because you can. Just stop.

Keith Koffler January 12, 2012 at 9:03 pm

Michelle before MLK?

langley barfly January 12, 2012 at 3:11 pm

So…? why does NO ONE in the “White House press corps” ever bring-up/question Obama’s ‘do nothing’ daily schedule…?

Beedogs January 12, 2012 at 4:54 pm

No worries – Barry is just crashing from his latest cocaine binge.

girly1 January 12, 2012 at 5:07 pm

I’m curious – did the MOOCH attend the Chicago fundraisers with the Panhandler-in-Chief? As I recall, she didn’t accompany him on his birthday 2 years ago – she was in Spain! My guess is that Rahm was there last night – and, according to the non-angry Black woman, she doesn’t speak to the servants ….ooops – the STAFF!

Mr. Pink January 12, 2012 at 5:33 pm

Seems appropriate for someone to update Hillary’s “3 a.m. Phone Call” Ad given Obama’s penchant for sleeping in.

It’s 3pm… the phone is ringing… and nobody at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. answers!

Keith Koffler January 12, 2012 at 9:05 pm

Good one Monsieur Pink.

Dwall January 17, 2012 at 8:04 pm

At least all the leftie appointments are coming out of the holes and all connections being made.