Reggie Love Starts Raising Money for Obama

by Keith Koffler on December 21, 2011, 12:48 pm

Reggie Love, who just recently resigned his post as President Obama’s personal aide, has dived right into fundraising for the Obama campaign, sending a message to the Obama 2012 email list asking for money.

Love, who as the president’s “body man” trailed him closely in order to provide for any incidental need that might arise, implored Obama supporters to make a donation and be enrolled in the raffle to have dinner with the president and the first lady.

From the email:

You may know me as the tall guy who followed Barack everywhere he went.

As the President’s body man for the last four years, it’s been my privilege to help him with whatever he needs: making sure he’s on time, finding some food when we’re on the road, or playing a quick game of basketball (he won, mostly).

Of course, this also means I’ve also eaten many, many meals with him . . .

Two: I kind of love this “Dinner with Barack and Michelle” contest. You all have to do this.

Get on that here.

You should know this practically never happens.

While Barack wants to do these dinners throughout his campaign, I know that dinner with Barack and Michelle is something that usually only happens with the girls, and no one else.

The fact that this dinner is with the two of them should tell you how much it matters to them to know that you have their backs out there.

I wouldn’t let this one get away.

Donate $3 or whatever you can today to automatically be entered to win a spot at dinner for you and a guest:

Thanks,

Reggie

Other presidents I’ve covered – Bill Clinton and George W. Bush – have also had body men trailing them around, but this is the first one I’ve seen jump into campaign fundraising.

Love’s visibility next to Obama has made him something of a celebrity in his own right, something the campaign is clearly eager to capitalize on.

Bob December 21, 2011 at 1:08 pm

I’d certainly pay $3 to watch Moochelle eating in person, hell, I’d pay $300 to hear her grunting and ‘omnomming’ her way through a plate of chicken fricassee.

srdem65 December 21, 2011 at 1:15 pm

The whole concept of a raffle to win a dinner with the FirstCouple is disturbing and cheapens their positions.

I don’t know “Reggie” and I don’t appreciate him telling me what I “have” to do.

Star December 21, 2011 at 1:16 pm

“This hardly ever happens?”–this cutrate raffle stuff is every day! How tacko.

Anonna December 21, 2011 at 4:52 pm

Yeah, it hardly ever happens because it is SUCH a TACKY and CHEAP way to raise campaign money.

Star December 21, 2011 at 1:18 pm

AND–how do you “have someone’s back” by sending three bucks someplace? Losing IQ points—-someone save meeeee.

Anonna December 21, 2011 at 4:53 pm

You have nailed it, Star.

This emotional plea, complete with backstage views from Reggie’s privileged position at the White House, boils down to, “SEND US MONEY.”

Susan December 21, 2011 at 1:45 pm

I’m with srdem and Star. This is beyond tacky and disturbing for a president to cheapen the stature of the the office by sending out his former employee to grovel and beg for donations.

Get on that here.
What the heck is that supposed to mean?

Susan December 21, 2011 at 2:17 pm

One other thing…if one of Reggie Love’s responsibilities was to make sure Obama was on time, he failed miserably.

Star December 21, 2011 at 2:20 pm

Great point, Susan.

Kim December 22, 2011 at 1:55 pm

Love it!

AFVET December 21, 2011 at 3:13 pm

An indication of desperation.
Transparency is a good thing if one has the intelligence to be able to see through facade.

Jim December 21, 2011 at 2:05 pm

I thought it was $5.00 per ticket — did they lower the price due to low response?

BTW, I heard Tucker Carlson announce yesterday he won a charity auction to have dinner with Bill Ayers and Bernardine Dohrn — *that* ought to be interesting evening! Alas, no recording is allowed.

Star December 21, 2011 at 2:22 pm

What to bring, what to bring? Plastique? A tasteful detonator?

Rick December 21, 2011 at 3:22 pm

@ Star Perhaps matching blocks of C4 in a Tiffany crystal dish?

Star December 21, 2011 at 4:43 pm

You are a thoughtful guy, Rick. Maybe they registered at Target.

cheryl December 21, 2011 at 2:11 pm

Oh gee, just the other day my neighbor said he wouldn’t give a dime to the Obama re-election campaign, unless of course Obama’s body man asked – then he would. For cryin’ out loud, who gives a ratz ass what Reginald says or wants or likes or anything…..they are in apparent desperation, scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Star December 21, 2011 at 2:23 pm

But, Cheryl…he has had din-din with the One many many times…

QueenOfScott December 21, 2011 at 2:19 pm

Isn’t this dude supposed to be a college graduate? Wat up wit dat?

RWC December 21, 2011 at 3:07 pm

‘Making sure he is on time’

BWWAAAAAHAAAAAHAAAAAA!!!

Seriously Reggie, you’re killin’ me.

CindyLou December 21, 2011 at 3:23 pm

“I kind of love this “Dinner with Barack and Michelle” contest. You all have to do this.

Get on that here.

You should know this practically never happens.”

Seems like it happens all the time mr love

RWC December 21, 2011 at 3:55 pm

“Raffles fall under gaming (gambling) laws in your state, Unless you are a registered nonprofit organization with a certification or approval from the State Gaming Board to hold raffles, it would be considered illegal gambling activity, a criminal, jailable, offense.”

Of course, they do whatever they want as they are our Royalty.

Star December 21, 2011 at 4:14 pm

Royal somethings, anyhow.

Chuck Thomas December 21, 2011 at 4:35 pm

“in order to provide for any incidental need that might arise”

The imagination can run wild with what those “needs” might be if one does some “creative” google searches for Reggie Love, Nick Colvin or Kal Penn all of whom have been of “service” to Barry. Could lead you to the inescapable conclusion that the Bamster is in no hurry to get out to HI to spend time with his beard.

Maisie Lou December 21, 2011 at 9:35 pm

Hey, Chuck: He hee hee hee hee…

Anonna December 21, 2011 at 4:51 pm

Love his hint of ebonics. Keeping it real, bro.

Knothead December 21, 2011 at 8:20 pm

I have a Bill Clinton $3 bill I received during the Great “I did not have sexual relations with that woman” Bubba’s reign. Would Obama’s buddy Love deem that to be acceptable for entry into the raffle.

Gary December 22, 2011 at 1:29 pm

Isn’t this an illegal lottery? How is it different than what the Obama campaign tried to do in 2008? [See: http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=69150

Micha December 22, 2011 at 6:31 pm

Reggie, I understand your wish to continue to eat “many, many meals with him”, but what do you say to the man who insists on indefinite detention for Americans? Not only that but I think your boss and his extravagant wife are more interested in Goldman Sach’s back than mine.