North Koreans Grieve Over Obama’s Vacation Delay

by Keith Koffler on December 19, 2011, 8:13 pm

Everyone is saddened that President Obama has had to postpone his Hawaii vacation, but perhaps nowhere more so than in North Korea, where news of the delay provoked an outpouring of grief throughout the nation.

Obama was forced to delay his vacation because he must continue to work on a deal with Republicans to extend the payroll tax cut.

As you will see from the video below, many North Koreans were inconsolable upon hearing the news, though some were cheered that apparently Mrs. Obama, who left town without her husband, will likely receive her full 17 days of relaxation on Oahu.

The video shows the official announcement from Pyongyang followed by reactions from Party leaders and average North Koreans in the street.

I caution you, portions of this might be upsetting to younger viewers who may be unaccustomed to such grief.

William December 19, 2011 at 8:42 pm

I know it’s wrong to be happy when your enemy dies. But if it’s wrong to be happy that Kim Jong Il is dead, I don’t want to be right.

Susan December 19, 2011 at 9:30 pm

You are not alone, William. Doubt there are many tears of grief being shed for this evil man…

Sadie December 19, 2011 at 8:51 pm

Gene Pitney explains it with an old song….”I Laughed so hard, I cried.”

Susan December 19, 2011 at 9:24 pm

That is so wrong but so hilarious, Keith. Agree with Sadie. If those “folks” are crying, they are pretty good at holding back the tears. Guess that is what years of indoctrination and group think does to one’s psyche.

Sadie December 19, 2011 at 9:49 pm

They’re crying (kinda,without tears). I wouldn’t be surprised if they were auditioning for the funeral as paid mourners.

p.s. Keith
The video is up and going at Weasel Zippers replete with comments. They’re smitten with you as we all are. It should make next year’s Oscar entries for Best Foreign Film.

Pastor Nathan Bickel December 19, 2011 at 10:40 pm

Susan,

Yes! Spot on when you say:

“……..Guess that is what years of indoctrination and group think does to one’s psyche.” [Your descriptive words]

How pathetic it is to watch and hear these people mourn over such a tyrant. Not that they should celebrate and rejoice over the final demise of a wicked person croaking, – but to see them so propagandized, is almost too difficult to fathom………

langley barfly December 19, 2011 at 9:45 pm

…hopefully this what all those idiot Obama voters/supporters will be doing after Election Day (2008-2012) -LOL

Janice/Granny Jan December 19, 2011 at 10:48 pm

If that happens I’ll cut the video with news of his loss. I’ll download to my computer so I won’t forget.

Shofar December 19, 2011 at 10:54 pm

That video was so emotionally upsetting it made my computer crash in sympathy.

srdem65 December 19, 2011 at 11:24 pm

The official report from NKorea is that their Dear Leader died from “over-work”.
Thank goodness we don’t have to worry about our own ‘dear leader’ dying from “over-work”.

BeeCee December 21, 2011 at 2:50 am

I’m withholding judgment. Many men have died on the golf course.

anneinarkansas December 20, 2011 at 9:19 am

Too funny…all day yesterday I searched for tears….none to be found.

Justavet December 20, 2011 at 10:26 am

Too funny. I wonder how much longer the administration is going to allow Mr.Koffler access to WH press briefings?

Anonna December 20, 2011 at 10:30 am

OMGosh — thank you for such a big laugh so early in the day, Keith.

I have never seen so much fake crying. I wonder how a person can walk away from such a display with any sense of dignity intact. They all know that they are all faking, but the powers in place were watching to see who stopped first.

There is a story about a meeting in the Soviet Union where someone mentioned Stalin or some such “event,” and everyone leapt up to applaud. Then they realized the danger of being the first to stop. After 10 agonized minutes, one man stopped clapping and sat down. The next day he disappeared.

Anonna December 20, 2011 at 10:31 am

And I suspect any real tears were wept in fear of the future.

Star December 20, 2011 at 10:48 am

I think that, too– “The tyrant you know…versus…”

Deana December 20, 2011 at 12:04 pm

What’s weird to me is how these people are standing in lines for this display of “mourning,” all in their black uniforms, all with heads bowed. There’s no hugging or other displays of comforting each other, they’re all just standing there, crying. Weird.

FromMissouri2 December 20, 2011 at 12:51 pm

I’m not sure who first said it (Mark Twain?) and I’m sure I’m misquoting it badly but it fits this character to the tee. ” I never wished for a man to die but I’ve read quite a few obituaries with joy!”

MT for re-redistribution December 20, 2011 at 1:51 pm

Send those poor mourners some onions and dull knives for goodness’ sake!

Knothead December 20, 2011 at 2:32 pm

Anyone heard who is representing us at the dearly departed’s funeral?
Surprisingly we haven’t reached out to the family with our condolences and open arms to open a dialogue with the newest despot.

Knothead December 21, 2011 at 7:34 pm

Jimmy Carter did send his condolences. Gag, what a foolish old man.

Jason December 29, 2011 at 1:13 pm

Jesus, can you imangine the water works if they would have watched Old Yeller?!

Tommy Hegarty February 22, 2012 at 4:32 pm

Well this just isn’t funny.