Obama Raising Money Behind Closed Doors

by Keith Koffler on December 7, 2011, 5:29 pm

President Obama is at the Jefferson Hotel in Washington this evening passing the hat around, and the press is not invited.

“Tonight the president is doing a meet-and-greet with a small group of people to benefit his campaign,” said White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest. “Since the president is not planning to make formal remarks to the small group, this event will be closed press.”

What, I wonder, qualifies as “formal” remarks? Use of the teleprompter? Jacket and tie? Elevated elocution?

Is Obama making remarks that are “informal,” and therefore not coverable by the press?

The fact is, Obama is raising money from a few wealthy people who must be contributing ungodly sums in order to make it worth his time to run out of the White House to see them. And the press is not allowed.

I’m pretty sure Bush pulled this kind of thing too. But he wasn’t supposedly introducing a new era of openness and the removal of money from politics.

FREE ROAMING FOR INTERNATIONAL CALLS!
Check out the best international Sim Cards and save up to 80% on your phone calls, go to roaming free sims and travelsim!

Lizzy December 7, 2011 at 6:07 pm

A small group no press sounds like you give me $$$$ and you can have the following job, Ambassadorship or even Czar Secretary of any Dept they are
all crooks and should be in jail anyway. So he’s getting money for what Blago
just got 14 years for I imagine. This is so transparent it’s blurry.

Keith Koffler December 7, 2011 at 9:20 pm

Could be some quid pro quos lurking around.

Susan December 7, 2011 at 6:18 pm

Guess that means we don’t get to know who he was shaking down this afternoon. He probably doesn’t want another photo of him with George Soros showing up in the press…

rulierose December 7, 2011 at 7:07 pm

precisely what I was thinking.

Star December 7, 2011 at 7:17 pm

I am sure Geo and Warren pony right up–no threats needed.

Keith Koffler December 7, 2011 at 9:21 pm

They start banging heads among their employees.

Star December 8, 2011 at 10:30 am

Bundling, Keith–bundling. What a joke.

Knothead December 7, 2011 at 6:24 pm

“A small group”, does that mean a few of the little people who will donate $5 to sup with his highness, and whom are the backbone of his re-selection(sic) campaign, you know, boots on the ground kind of folks.

Keith Koffler December 7, 2011 at 9:21 pm

Exactly!

srdem65 December 7, 2011 at 6:26 pm

Wealthy donors, secrecy, no press, no info. Sounds transparent to me.
At least, the kind of “transparency” that the WhiteHouse likes.

Sadie December 7, 2011 at 6:28 pm

Midnight ♫
one more night without sleepin’ -
Watchin’
till the morning comes peepin’.
Green door
what’s that secret you’re keepin’?
there’s an old piano and
they play it hot behind the
green door
don’t know what they’re doin’
But they laugh a lot behind the green door.
Wish they’d let me in
So I could find out what’s
behind the green door.
Knocked twice
tried to tell ‘em I’d been there

Door slammed
hospitality’s thin there.
Wonder just what’s goin’ on in there.
Saw an eyeball peepin’ through a smokey cloud
Behind the green door

When I said
Joe sent me

Someone laughed out loud
behind the green door.
All I want to do is join
the happy crew behind the
green door.
Midnight
one more night without sleepin’…
Saw an eyeball peepin’ through
a smokey cloud…
Wish they’d let me in
So I could find out what’s
behind the green door.

An oldie “Green Door” – took 55 years, but we know the answer now.

Star December 7, 2011 at 6:56 pm

Reporters don’t have that much money anyhow.

Keith Koffler December 7, 2011 at 9:23 pm

Nice to have some music on the blog . . .

Marina J December 20, 2011 at 6:15 am

Here Here. haha

rulierose December 7, 2011 at 7:08 pm

maybe Rashid and Mona Khalidi hooked him up with some Jordanian oil money.

Just2old December 7, 2011 at 7:54 pm

“transparency”….yawn….remember, they think we’re all stupid…

langley barfly December 7, 2011 at 9:14 pm

Thankfully NO ONE in the “mainstream media” will report this…

langley barfly December 7, 2011 at 9:18 pm

fundraising behind closed doors = typical corrupt Chicago style politics… (re: “Boss” on Starz channel)

Mr. Pink December 7, 2011 at 9:26 pm

Obama speaking to his 1% base once again.

Say, don’t you remember, I’m your pal? Buddy, can you spare a dime?

Lindy December 7, 2011 at 9:46 pm

The only surprise is that anyone is still willing to give prez dumbo money.

Janna December 7, 2011 at 11:00 pm

The only ones he still speaks to are high school kids and the top .00001 percent of the 1% . Butt hey….we are just the dumbass whites who make up the over(under)whelming majority of the country.

If Obumbo gets all the illegals, underemployed and unemployed who still think he is gonna ” pay my bills and give me money” to vote ( and repeatedly would be best ) he may yet win.

God help us.

Anonna December 7, 2011 at 11:13 pm

I think it was pretty funny how the WH got that story out about BO musing to the Princesses Obama that THEY will always be rich, but he’s worried about the peasants.

The 1%er with a heart of gold.

I suppose he’s meeting with more gold-hearted rich types who just want to give him money so the peasant children can have a fair shake.