The Obama Family Thanksgiving Day Menu

by Keith Koffler on November 25, 2011, 11:53 am

Okay, I resisted the temptation to do one of those posts about how Michelle talks health eating and practices otherwise. I mean, it is Thanksgiving.

Here’s what they had.

Turkey, ham, cornbread stuffing, oyster stuffing, greens, macaroni and cheese, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole and dinner rolls. Dessert selections include banana cream pie, pumpkin pie, apple pie, sweet potato pie, huckleberry pie and cherry pie.

They were to share the meal with family, friends and staff, but I haven’t seen any specifics yet.

Comment moderation is enabled. Your comment may take some time to appear.

Lizzy November 25, 2011 at 12:09 pm

There was something missing from the Obama Thanksgiving he forgot God.
Yes he forgot in his address to the folks guess the NASCAR thing didn’t have
the desired effect so are we being punished? God should be first to thank not
always ignored.

Star November 25, 2011 at 12:18 pm

What–no tofurkey? This sounds pretty restrained–for them anyhow.

Kathryn November 25, 2011 at 12:24 pm

Wonder if Obama ate ham?

MichelleIndependent November 25, 2011 at 12:25 pm

Gee, only 6 types of pie. Michelle Obama is sacrificing so much.

Star November 25, 2011 at 12:27 pm

We only got pumpkin–the cheapest…

Star November 25, 2011 at 12:31 pm

Not that this implies any suffering…

hiway280z November 25, 2011 at 7:52 pm

Why was all that different pie needed ? Did they feed the ramadam bunch? ?

MichelleIndependent November 25, 2011 at 12:28 pm

In his “Thanksgiving” address, Barry called himself Commander and Chief.

The idiot doesn’t even know it’s Commander IN Chief.

Keith Koffler November 25, 2011 at 5:14 pm

Michelle, that is great, thanks, I’ll use it.

hiway280z November 25, 2011 at 8:00 pm

Like he kept calling them “corpseMen” over and over. They were no doubt insulted but must have laughed their butts off over his ignorance.. LOL

Cindy Kasten November 26, 2011 at 12:27 am
Susan November 25, 2011 at 12:45 pm

That menu is very similar to what my husband and I served to our extended family yesterday, minus the cornucopia of pies. We gave thanks to God for our blessings. Wonder who the Obama family gave thanks to?

Star November 25, 2011 at 1:18 pm

Naturally we added humor–we are like that. Thanks be that our roof is not the underside of an interstate. We maintain God has a funny bone.

Susan November 25, 2011 at 1:29 pm

Agree with you Star. What is life without humor and a whole lot of fun.

srdem65 November 25, 2011 at 1:20 pm

If I recall correctly, MrO gave thanks to “lady luck”.

Steve November 25, 2011 at 4:43 pm

Allah?

ER November 25, 2011 at 1:07 pm

and fish resist swimming

A.J. November 25, 2011 at 1:28 pm

OK, OK!! You want to talk about eating healthy, just look at all the fruits and veggies in that meal. And I’m just talking pie here. Bananas, pumpkins, apples, sweet potatoes, huckleberries and cherries. I, for one, will be amazed if the Obamas didn’t actually LOSE weight after that dinner. Oh and bye the way, we had ham, baked yams (fresh, not canned), peas (yes, we ate our peas) and home made corn bread. Here’s hoping everyone had a wonderful thanksgiving!!

Cindy Kasten November 26, 2011 at 12:29 am

WE had so much fresh stuff @ our Thanksgiving Feast, and all of the other FATTY stuff the Obamas had. And we had that fresh healthy stuff because we CHOSE to, not because we were mandated, cajoled or told to.

Shofar November 25, 2011 at 1:28 pm

I cannot in good conscience criticize the dessert menu. I made two pumpkin pies, a key lime pie, turtle cheesecake, plain cheesecake, cheesecake filled chocolate muffins and chocolate cupcakes to go along with the regular Thanksgiving Day fare. (I’m a stress baker, it’s better than being a stress drinker!)

The problem I have is FLOUTUS’ ideology with regard to food, the “Do as I say, not as I do” mentality. I think she needs to adopt the view of Methuselah as noted by an anonymous poet years ago:

“Methuselah ate what he found on his plate,
And never, as people do now,
Did he note the amount of the calorie count.
He ate it because it was chow.

“He cheerfully chewed each species of food,
Unmindful of troubles or fears
Lest his health might be hurt by some fancy dessert,
And he lived over 900 years.”

All the talk of Paleo-diets and returning to how our ancestors ate brings one question to my mind. Didn’t most of them die by the time they were in their 50′s? Maybe that is what FLOUTUS wants. If we all start “eating right” and start dying off in our 50′s and early 60′s then Obamacare might work! Sorry to be so snarky, I think it’s the tryptophan having an adverse reaction to my medication.

Star November 25, 2011 at 1:34 pm

Didn’t most of them die by the time they were in their 50′s?

The sabertooths, I think–not the wild hickory nuts.

srdem65 November 25, 2011 at 3:00 pm

uh, regarding your dessert menu..uh..where do you live again, I think I might drop in for a, uh, visit. 2 different cheesecakes, huh. Are there any muffins left, you know, for the, um, hungry?

A.J. November 25, 2011 at 7:57 pm

Key Lime Pie!! Now THERE’S a Thanksgiving tradition that needs to be started NOW! And I’m coming to YOUR house next year!!

Cindy Kasten November 26, 2011 at 12:30 am

YOU are brilliant!

Janice/Granny Jan November 25, 2011 at 2:39 pm

Politico44: WORKING OFF THE TURKEY: President Barack Obama left the White House just after 11:30 a.m. Friday to play golf at Andrews Air Force Base. His partners are Martin Nicholson, Walter Nicholson and Reggie Love, according to a pool report.
88!

Susan November 25, 2011 at 2:50 pm

Heard on the local news that he was golfing while Michelle and the kids greeted the arrival of the WH Christmas tree. Is this golf gig a first for Reggie Love? What a great sendoff to a departing manservant…golfing with the anointed one. Almost as good as the tie he finally returned to Gibsy.

langley barfly November 25, 2011 at 2:42 pm

Kinda surprised Barack Hussein Obama & family “celebrated” Thanksgiving, since Thanksgiving is a Proud AMERICAN holiday and we all know the Obama’s have “issues” with American Pride & Tradition…

Cindy Kasten November 26, 2011 at 12:31 am
veritaseequitas November 25, 2011 at 2:46 pm

I had the honor of having a Thanksgiving meal with 5 young Marines and some of their family members yesterday. We had smoked ham, smoked turkey, 2 kinds of sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, stuffing and that great old southern vegetable, mac cheese. Sorry Moo, no green veges made it to the table at all – I guess we will be penalized for that if Little Barry ever passes a vegetable law. We did however, have a cornucopia of desserts that was much more imaginative than all those pies. We made fun of Big Sis’s turkey fryer warnings while everything was cooking and thanked God for all of our blessings before we ate. All in all, a great day.

Cindy Kasten November 26, 2011 at 12:32 am

Lady Fingers November 25, 2011 at 2:50 pm

No Mac & Cheese?
What’s up with that?

girly1 November 25, 2011 at 3:37 pm

Keith – Is it possible to get the guest list? Since Obama has no friends, and we all know who his relatives are – why are these guests ‘unidentified’i? He must be embarrassed and afraid it will make him ‘look bad’!

I suppose there are no photos either – wouldn’t want to show MOOshelle with her face falling into all of those pies!

Star November 25, 2011 at 3:52 pm

I am so relaxed–for me anyhow–that I don’t even care if he plays golf or doesn’t eat peas. It’s a holiday!

Keith Koffler November 25, 2011 at 5:15 pm

I haven’t seen one yet, but will let you know if I do.

Mr. Pink November 25, 2011 at 5:58 pm

With the food bill being racked up over at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. these days, is it any wonder our National Debt continues to grow out of control?

I’m certain that if it were ever to be audited, the cost of feeding this FLOTUS has to be a pretty high percentage of our Nation’s GDP.

If the POTUS seriously wants to stimulate the economy then all he has to do is put Michelle on a diet!

Michele November 25, 2011 at 7:02 pm

I am guessing “Moochelle” approved this calorie laden meal????

Michele November 25, 2011 at 7:05 pm

Moochelle is truly a hypocrite!
Do as I say, not do as I do……too funny.
What a calorie laden meal….oh, I forgot they are “sacrificing.”
What a JOKE!

Sharon November 25, 2011 at 7:39 pm

Would have been nice if they had donated some of the food to the homeless…greedy pigs…lol. Then, he plays golf…doesn’t he realize there’s a war he’s started just around the corner…where is the military strategy needed by this wannabe Commander not in Chief, Commander without a clue…

hiway280z November 25, 2011 at 7:50 pm

In three years have not seen or heard anyone say they eat pork. Interesting.I read even the ribs are beef ribs. Can any one guess why?

Jim sands November 26, 2011 at 1:05 am

Um um good! Maybe a Razzelberry pie would be a good addition, it’s my fav!

Jude November 26, 2011 at 9:43 am

I am sure that it was all organic and low fat. After all Michelle is watching her figure and the figure of America at the same time. I have never had Mac and Cheese for Thanksgiving. seems kinda heavy with everything else they had on the table, which is a lot more than we had.

Jan DiGiovanni November 26, 2011 at 1:12 pm

Imagine Mr. Bojangles,,,playing while the country is on fire.
Look at the menu, Michele Shame on you. people are starving and you want to cut out carbs. WHAT> AND what do yu eat my darling first lady to the trough. What a joke yu are to this nation, and your husband Mr. Bojangles… have a nice holiday. we are watching..

lammy with an attitude November 26, 2011 at 3:54 pm

Its good to be the king.

anna November 26, 2011 at 5:39 pm

ok, ‘ don’t do as I do, do as I say ‘. Truly commies are occupying penn ave.. Shame on the morons that elected this mess.

Tim November 26, 2011 at 5:42 pm

Macaroni and cheese on Thanksgiving? That’s a first.

Michele’s idea no doubt. Where are the apple slices?

jaime November 26, 2011 at 9:04 pm

COLLARS GREENS ARE MISSING!!!!!

SideShowBob November 27, 2011 at 12:27 am

Whew…..I bet Michelle farted like a mule after that pig-out. Must have been like the campfire scene from “Blazing Saddles.” I can see Michelle lifting one of those whopper butt checks and rippin’ off a massive screamer on the leather sofa.