Obama Grabs a Workout

by Keith Koffler on October 18, 2011, 9:38 am

From the pool report.

POTUS began Day 2 of his 3 day bus trip w a 35 min morning workout a short drive from hotel
Motorcade rolled from gym  at 827: , arriving back at hotel at 8:29
POTUS’ workout didn’t appear to affect club members’ workouts: folks in gym clothes, several carrying gym bags and a few moms w kids, were wanded by secret service and allowed into The Club Green Valley at 1909 Lendew St in Greeensboro
Pool vans held around the corner on a side street and is now holding at the hotel before we r off to first event

{ 1 trackback }

Florida Girl October 18, 2011 at 9:50 am

Couldn’t he work out at the hotel? I know he must be staying some place swanky on our dime, certainly, they have a well-equipped work-out facility. Guess we wouldn’t get the stolen picture by tread millers to show how “toned” he is and how the masses still adore him if he stayed at the hotel.

Just2old October 18, 2011 at 10:03 am

Hell, I thought he was sleeping on the milion dollar bus…

Car in October 18, 2011 at 10:28 am

Obama uses that bus like most of us use a rented car when we travel. He’s not going long distances in it, and he’s certainly not sleeping it in. It’s like a limo. A very big limo.

Just2old October 18, 2011 at 11:14 am

sorry, my feeble attempt at humor Car in

Car in October 18, 2011 at 11:56 am

No, I’m not busting you. I’m busting the whole ridiculous idea that Obama needs a bus to take him from the airport (or hotel) to campaign stop.

Oops, I mean “official visits.”

@@@@@@

Teresa October 18, 2011 at 10:41 am

A multimillion dollar “motor home,” and Obama doesn’t sleep over night in it?! Maybe that’s the way the political class operates — Did McCain sleep in his bus? Did Palin sleep in hers?

AZ Granny October 18, 2011 at 10:57 am

Obama doesn’t even ride long distances in his bus. They fly him and then he gets on it in time to make his grand appearance.

srdem65 October 18, 2011 at 10:03 am

Seems it was a VERY short drive.

OT: once they recovered the stolen TOTUS , the Presidential podium and all the rest, did the FBI, the HSA and all the other alphabet agencies check the equipment for booby-traps , loosened wires, Repub fingerprints?

Just2old October 18, 2011 at 10:27 am

The checked the TOTUS and all they found was vitriol, bitterness, hatred, sarcasim, contempt, and scorn at the 5th grade reading level.

Car in October 18, 2011 at 10:16 am

35 min? that’s not a workout. That’s a warmup.

Piker.

Susan October 18, 2011 at 10:23 am

The above comments are hilarious. Just another opportunity for photo ops and to pretend he’s just like us. He’s not fooling anyone.

Janice/Granny Jan October 18, 2011 at 10:44 am

Looks like these high school girls are waiting to see Justin Bieber. The Narcissistic One must be in heaven.

Susan October 18, 2011 at 11:07 am

Looks like any other group of infatuated teens waiting for the latest movie idol to make his presence. Think I had that same look on my face whenever I tacked the centerfold of Teen Idol magazine on my bedroom wall…

William October 18, 2011 at 11:19 am

Three of them look bored and unconcerned to me.

Susan October 18, 2011 at 11:57 am

Are you looking at the same picture William? I can see the stars in every one of those young ladies eyes. They must belong to some clique or they are cheerleaders because it appears they are all dressed alike…

William October 18, 2011 at 1:48 pm

Maybe I just can’t read children’s expressions. To me, the three on the left look bored.

Star October 18, 2011 at 11:26 am

His fakey grin was on page 3 of the AZ Rep this AM–on page 1, Cain with Shurf Joe and Bachmann with Russell Pearce. For me, the basic WELCOME TO HELL kit.

Star October 18, 2011 at 11:51 am

Plus–isn’t the peevish BS about how Republicans apparently need the “jobs” farce broken down into teeny understandable pieces getting old? It sounds like playground stuff.

Star October 18, 2011 at 11:53 am

UNLESS! And this is GENIUS! Unless he could work in the ditch and the Slurpee again..back to the classics…

Car in October 18, 2011 at 11:57 am

Not to harp on the 35 min workout, but that would explain why he’s such a wussy looking dude.

William October 18, 2011 at 3:22 pm

Harp on it! The media looooooves to tout his “physical fitness” when he looks kind of scrawny to me. A “35 minute morning workout”? Last night I did a 20 minute warm up and a 20 minute cool down to bookend my approximately 2-hour workout. I’d love to get this guy to do some weighted dips with me.

play nice October 18, 2011 at 1:56 pm

the fool want a workout he should run behind the bus

Knothead October 18, 2011 at 9:34 pm

Yes, but even better the bus should run him under.

Lizzy October 18, 2011 at 2:04 pm

Probably having a panic/ anxiety attack cause his prompter was missing:)

William October 18, 2011 at 3:44 pm

The trip to the gym was totally unnecessary. He stayed at the Proximity Hotel which, on its website, boasts:

The Fitness Studio, adjacent to the pool, is located near the Lower Lobby. It is open 24 hours a day, accessible with your guestroom key. It features Precor Elliptical machines, treadmills and stationary bicycles, all of which are equipped with flat screen televisions and audio headset connectivity. Plus, free weights, yoga mats, and exercise balls are available for use with Fitness TV. Audio headsets, towels and water are available complimentary in the Fitness Studio.

Susan October 18, 2011 at 4:11 pm

You miss the point William. He didn’t go to The Club Green Valley because his guestroom key didn’t work in the hotel gym. He needs his ego stroked by the little people watching in awe as his motorcade travels through town. He craves the attention of those ‘lucky’ gym members to include moms and their children who were allowed entrance to the gym to see the great leader flex his muscles and work up beads of sweat from that 35 minute workout. He reminds of an egotistical has been movie star, rather than the leader of the free world.

William October 18, 2011 at 4:14 pm

No, I got why he did it. Which is why I felt the need to reinforce the fact that it was unnecessary.

Susan October 18, 2011 at 7:43 pm

My comment didn’t come across the way it was intended. I apologize if I sounded as arrogant as he is.

MichelleIndependent October 18, 2011 at 3:57 pm

Gee, isn’t it nice that actual PAYING members were permitted to enter and work out.

Knothead October 18, 2011 at 9:37 pm

Oh no they were donating members. and I like the way you think.