WHD Unveils New “Report to Attackwatch” Button

by Keith Koffler on September 19, 2011, 8:13 am

It’s not easy practicing totalitarianism. It requires consistency, tenacity, and commitment.

One of the most labor-intensive and expensive requirements of totalitarianism is the discovery and reporting of dissent. The Gestapo and the NKVD – as well as it’s successor, the KGB – were forced to devote huge sums and countless man-hours to monitoring the commentary of citizens with respect to their leaders.

In the modern era, tracking dissent has become somewhat easier with the introduction of the Internet. Today, anyone can report on their neighbors, friends or relatives with just the click of a button.

The Obama campaign is continuing this tradition of exposing criticism of the country’s leadership with its new website, Attackwatch.com, which encourages all the citizens of our republic to report negative comments about our own leader, President Barack Obama.

The site kindly asks that you report emails, “public statements,” information on blogs or websites – I suppose this includes news stories – and expressions in other venues of opinions about our leader that might be construed as “attacks.”

It could be a coincidence – or a stroke of genius – but Attackwatch.com’s website employs a stunning NAZI red, white and black, providing a sense of continuity with a bygone era of repression.

Despite the ease with which “attacks” can be reported over the Internet, it may not occur to people to take a moment of their time to inform Obama’s foot soldiers about the indiscretion – or even to recognize that an attack on our leader is occurring.

That’s why White House Dossier is introducing this helpful new button to facilitate the submission to Attackwatch.com of White House Dossier pieces that readers might construe as attacks on our leader.

I think you’ll agree that the button, to be placed at the bottom of posts over the next several days, is an attractive and handy mechanism for keeping the Obama campaign apprised of stories on White House Dossier that might be detrimental to the president and his cause.

I encourage you to use it, so that the Obama campaign and perhaps even the government itself can more easily track opposition to its policies and our president.

Just2old September 19, 2011 at 8:25 am

Excellent idea! But, I think this is just another administration email harvesting trick. Not much they can do with someone who is making verbal attacks on the President with that pesky 1st amendment and all.

ArnoldLayne September 19, 2011 at 10:49 am
Just2old September 19, 2011 at 12:27 pm

Love it!

Car In September 19, 2011 at 8:27 am

OMG, I want ONE.

rick golding September 19, 2011 at 8:28 am

This is too funny, but should be somewhat scary!

Janna September 19, 2011 at 8:32 am

Not funny….is scary.

William September 19, 2011 at 8:44 am

I hear you get a really cool black armband if you report 10 or more people.

Susan September 19, 2011 at 10:18 am

I want a pair of those fashionable jack boots. How many people do you have to report for a pair?

William September 19, 2011 at 10:29 am

Probably more than 100.

Janice/Granny Jan September 19, 2011 at 9:05 am

Thanks. We already control #attackwatch at Twitter but I’ve been afraid to report myself to the actual website. You’ve now given me the courage.

As far as the Nazi themed colors, the actual font the website uses is Arial, not exactly cutting edge. So if you want to make parodies that’s nice to know.

Keith Koffler September 20, 2011 at 8:11 am

What? The font is Arian?? See . . .

Janice/Granny Jan September 19, 2011 at 9:13 am

I put it on my blog but it doesn’t link to anything yet. Any suggestions?
I’d like something funny.

Janice/Granny Jan September 19, 2011 at 9:46 am

I linked it to the Attack Watch Facebook page which just might be a parody. ;-)

Chuck Thomas September 19, 2011 at 9:14 am

Keith:
You might consider adding this button to the comments section as well, similar to the “Like” button found in some blogs and on facebook. Then we could report not only you, but also fellow commentators. I am relatively certain that a comment or two that I have left here might have garnered at least an honorable mention to AW.

This really is a brilliant idea. You may have just earned yourself the special issue and highly cherished “Regime Lifetime White House Press Credentials”.

(Can anyone imagine the media reaction if Cheney had suggested an “AttackWatch”?)

JudyBeth September 19, 2011 at 11:32 am

Hey! I am sure my comments merit reports to Attack.watch. I would be honored to officially be on BHO’s enemy list! One question: Are my tax dollars paying for the WH SnoopDogs? I said “dogs” because I suspect that with every BHO speech, Wall Street will continue to crash, businesses will close, and MORE Snoops will be needed to handle the multi-millions of frustrated “former tax-paying workers’ attacks” on DC DemWits stupidity! BHO might need another loan from China and our other enemies to fund such an idiotic site!

Susan September 19, 2011 at 11:57 am

I’ll wager a bet that Jesse Lee, Minister of Propaganda (aka Director of Progressive Media & Online Response) has a hand in this. According to the 2011 Report to Congress on White House Staff, his $72,500 salary is indeed being paid by American taxpayers. I’m sure there are a multitude of Jesse Lee minions being paid similar amounts of our tax dollars.

Star September 19, 2011 at 2:10 pm

In the vernacular–that’s Snoop, dog.

girly1 September 19, 2011 at 9:16 am

I have been bombarding the site with attacks on Der Fuhrer…in GERMAN, lol! Just waiting for the gestapo to show up at my door….

Star September 19, 2011 at 11:05 am

Strange you should say that–I found one of those red buttons under my doorbell.

srdem65 September 19, 2011 at 9:24 am

I hold the author of this blog entirely responsible for enticing casual readers to express their negative opinions of our Great and Noble Leader. The nefarious KeithKoffler (an obvious alias) has posted numerous musings about our Glorious President that hold his actions up to ridicule and distain.

Oh, yes. We laughed and expressed outrage and now we must pay the price of our foolishness. Orders to Report to the nearest re-education facility are now being processed for all of us.

William September 19, 2011 at 9:28 am

You can find a copy of your orders at reeducationcamp.com. Just enter your SSN. The camps are being run by the General Union to Lessen Anger at Government.

Star September 19, 2011 at 11:07 am

Hey–Glenn Beck said these sort of didn’t exist… Hmmm. Glenn is missing. (Nah–starting own network…Maybe we need KNN–Koffler News Network.)

Keith Koffler September 20, 2011 at 8:14 am

Et tu, srdem?

I can’t believe one of my favorite commenters has turned me in.

Perhaps Obama Gulag serves lobster?

Teresa September 19, 2011 at 10:06 am

You are one of the few reporters addressing the squelching atmosphere this web site represents. Others prefer to present it as a “laughing stock” rather than the more sinister “neighbors reporting on neighbors,” a la North Korea. This practice would fit nicely in Jonah Goldberg’s book, Liberal Fascism.

Keith Koffler September 20, 2011 at 8:15 am

I agree Teresa. It’s amusing, but ultimately it’s no laughing matter . . .

Death Ray September 19, 2011 at 10:13 am

Finally! Conservatives who are against the PATRIOT Act!

Oh wait, that’s a real infringement on our rights. Get back to joking!

Star September 19, 2011 at 11:09 am

Are you reporting us, Death? You are over here quite a bit–guilt by association…beware. And for the record, the Patriot Act is also an impingement.

lc southern September 19, 2011 at 10:22 am

Is there a limit on the number of times you can use the hot button?

Keith Koffler September 20, 2011 at 8:16 am

I don’t think so lc. Please report me as often as you like.

bettyann September 19, 2011 at 10:31 am

I just reprorted myself ahead of time for voting for anyone else but Obama.

Just2old September 19, 2011 at 10:40 am

Me too

Susan September 19, 2011 at 10:37 am

Thank you Keith for writing about the latest propaganda effort of this administration. Very funny but brutally honest. Maybe they think Americans don’t remember communism and repression, but most of us do. Duck and cover was a common phrase of school children in my day. Many people have immigrated to America to escape tyranny. I hear the fear in their voices when they call in to talk shows and warn Americans who have never lived under the iron fist of totalitarianism. That is why Obama is targeting the youth. They are innocents who have never know repression and haven’t had to deal with this government and the regulatory beast they are creating.

Lizzy September 19, 2011 at 1:05 pm

I have lived through duck and cover, the cold war, Cuban Missile Crisis and they pale in comparison to this Stasi like desperation. It’s
bad enough to have grown up hiding under my little school desk because the Russians were going to drop a bomb on my head but to
have citizens snitching like this by a president because he’s inept and paranoid reaches an all time low! This could replace all those jokes about the French during WW2. Makes someone look like a ninny not
using any names.

MichelleIndependent September 19, 2011 at 11:41 am

I suggested on a Web site that Michelle Obama needs to wear nylons and slips. Do I need to report myself?

AFVET September 19, 2011 at 12:21 pm

Go for it !

Lizzy September 19, 2011 at 12:55 pm

Yes and must report the sight that worship HRH’s flip flops they are in
turmoil. Some members are having a real cat fight over who loves
MO more and it’s getting ugly. Must report it if MO is displeased it
could spell trouble for our Glorious One! This is bad very bad:(

Keith Koffler September 20, 2011 at 8:18 am

MI, Please turn yourself in immediately. You’ve gone way too far now.

MichelleIndependent September 19, 2011 at 1:12 pm
MichelleIndependent September 19, 2011 at 1:15 pm

At grocery stores and bookstores, I turn backward any mags with MOO on the front.
I also relocate Barry’s books.

Guess I need to turn myself in for that, too.

Star September 19, 2011 at 1:34 pm

You’re meat for that one… PS Good idea.

Lizzy September 19, 2011 at 1:42 pm

I do that too:)

veritaseequitas September 19, 2011 at 1:56 pm

I like that a lot. Wonderfully occupies the mind when waiting in line. Plus it’s job security for whoever has to turn the mags around and put the books back in place. Who says O’BOgus can’t create jobs???

Shofar September 19, 2011 at 1:44 pm

Not to sound crude (okay maybe) but as we used to say when I was younger:

Brass ones! Big hairy, brass ones!

THANKS FOR HAVING THEM!

Keith Koffler September 20, 2011 at 8:19 am

Thanks Shofar, it’s nothing. Not like I have Taliban shooting at me or anything.

veritaseequitas September 19, 2011 at 1:53 pm

I want to report an attack by Barack “Little Barry” Obama and his despicable posse on the citizens of the United States. I and many others are in extreme mental and financial distress because of his destructive and deranged policies. There is only one solution to end these attacks by Little Barry and his despicable posse, and that is to end his occupation of The People’s House in 2012.
O’BOgus speaks and the market tanks…

Susan September 19, 2011 at 3:05 pm

I think the market is tanking because “Little Barry” is behaving like a despot in all his speeches now. A caller on Rush described him as using “revolutionary language” to agitate his base in today’s speech. That is what a community organizer does and that is the only job experience “Little Barry” has.

Panz September 19, 2011 at 2:01 pm

Oh Keith! I just love it, this is wonderful. How perfect this is and how simple you make our lives. Thank you!!

Keith Koffler September 20, 2011 at 8:20 am

Trying to help.

Catfur September 19, 2011 at 3:19 pm

Hey…I just turned in two family members …and my two prize brown shirts are being shipped out ASAP!!

Lizzy September 19, 2011 at 3:25 pm

I am loathe to bring up any reference to Hitler but at the end all he had left was the youth. Sound familiar?

Keith Koffler September 20, 2011 at 8:21 am

I can’t stand it when my children say terrible things about our leader. I turned them in weeks ago.

Darrel September 19, 2011 at 5:28 pm

I file 4-5 reports a day. Things like union thugs saying take them out, VP calling taxpayers and voters terrorists, etc.

Panz September 19, 2011 at 6:53 pm

This administration should make this button a requirement on every website, every article, every page on the internet so dedicated citizens can report immediately.

Grumpyelder September 19, 2011 at 10:28 pm

Yep

Can also remember the propaganda about what they did, that couldn’t happen here..

Now those things are happening here.

nelly September 19, 2011 at 10:33 pm

How quickly can I get my black shirt? I’ve got lots of people I want to denounce as soon as possible to Big Brother. Thank you Keith–you are on this list and you have made it so easy for me!! I will have to make seperate reports on the rest!! I think each individual will get denounced on an individual email. I want “the president” and his minions to know that I have done my bit!!

JudyBeth September 19, 2011 at 11:12 pm

nelly, you are going to be very very busy!

Keith Koffler September 20, 2011 at 8:22 am

Thanks nelly, your comment made me so happy I’ve been goose stepping around the room all morning.

langley barfly September 20, 2011 at 9:03 am

“Very Interesting… But Stupid.”

(thats a ‘Nazi’ joke care of Laugh In :-)

Keith Koffler September 20, 2011 at 9:23 am

I’m calling now to report you, LB. That’s one ringy dingy; that’s two ringy dingies . . .

The PolitiCrush September 28, 2011 at 7:00 pm

We loved this idea SO much that we are following your lead! http://www.thepoliticrush.com/2011/09/watch-out-re-election-is-war/

Thanks for your great blog – its a favorite!!!

Keith Koffler September 28, 2011 at 7:18 pm

Great job! And thanks, I’m honored.

Star September 19, 2011 at 2:09 pm

Hear the doorbell yet?

Lizzy September 19, 2011 at 2:40 pm

Oh and don’t even mention her weight! You see whilst the
Mothership was at a ‘spa’ (the month of August) she has
lost weight say the Followers! Now I have to turn myself in
for having bad thoughts about MO’s $700 Boob Belts. If I was going down I sure hoped it would be for a more noble cause than a boob belt:(. Guess I’m a boob but I go with my self held high no belt needed!

JudyBeth September 19, 2011 at 11:33 pm

Thank-you for your passionate support for Israel! Muslims practice Islam which believes in World domination. All Muslims believe that eventually they will achieve their goal. Some are very stealth in their activities to deceive others about their goal, but “fundamentalist” Muslims are actively destroying free societies and are responsible for killing thousands of Jews, Christians, Buddhists, Hindus, and anyone who tries to leave Islam. Read Wm Federer’s book (ebook) “What Every American Needs to Know About the Qur’an”! Lies, deceit are encouraged in order to obtain the “trust” of the uninformed! Get informed! Pray for Israel!