Obama Goes Book Shopping

by Keith Koffler on August 19, 2011, 1:19 pm

President Obama and his daughters went over to “Bunch of Grapes” bookstore in Martha’s Vineyard, same place they went last year.

As he emerged, some people began to shout “four more years,” not surprising on Martha’s Vineyard but not something I remember hearing about on his bus trip earlier this week through the Midwest.

The White House is also careful to note that Obama got his presidential daily briefing today from counterterrorism adviser John Brennan and an economic briefing too – though the latter was a “paper briefing.”

brstevens August 19, 2011 at 2:11 pm

So a BlackBerry Message wishing Obama a good vacation counts as an economic briefing now?

Granny Jan August 19, 2011 at 2:14 pm

The Adventures of Pinocchio
Pride and Prejudice
Bleak House
Wuthering Heights
Little Lord Fauntleroy
Hard Times
Les Miserables
Black Beauty (just kidding)

Susan August 19, 2011 at 2:53 pm

I’m sure he’s had read all the classics at some point during his stellar ivy league education. By the way, the press is all over Perry’s grades from Texas A&M today. Does this mean we get a chance to see Obama’s grades now?

William August 19, 2011 at 3:00 pm

No. Looking at the academic records of all candidates stopped when they discovered that Bush had better grades than Kerry.

Shofar August 19, 2011 at 8:42 pm

You forgot:

Lord of the Flies, Animal Farm, Christianity for Dummies and Mein Kampf.

I’m sure he already has The Communist Manifesto, Mao’s Little Red Book and The Little Green Book – Fatawah of the Ayatollah Khomeini.

Boo August 19, 2011 at 9:46 pm

You forgot Saul Alinksky’s Rules for Radicals. Oh, nevermind – he already has that one memorized. Even taught a course on it.

Lizzy August 19, 2011 at 2:32 pm

So will Michelle go later in separate trip?:). You know I think there is something to the amazing dissapearence of MO. Used to be you couldn’t
swing a dead cat without being bombarded with MO this and that now nothing. No pictures in her fab wardrobe, no gardening zip nada. Something odd if you ask me.

Granny Jan August 19, 2011 at 2:39 pm

It takes time for cosmetic surgery to heal I’ve been told.

Susan August 19, 2011 at 2:56 pm

Sure hope she doesn’t come out looking like Stretch Pelosi…

The War Planner August 19, 2011 at 2:39 pm

..not at all. We’re just tied of the ample-trunked bitch.

(Like we’re not weary of her worthless husband? You betcha!)

t paine August 19, 2011 at 2:38 pm

alot of work ahead for job growth and other areas of weakness.

http://www.RightsOfMan.org. Words from the man who first said the words “United States of America”

Star August 19, 2011 at 2:53 pm

Paper briefing…I am going with memo on that one.

Granny Jan August 19, 2011 at 3:04 pm

I just found this adorable video on the Obama vacation done to the tune of Connie Francis’ song Vacation. Very entertaining with facts about the economy interspersed.

William August 19, 2011 at 3:13 pm

I had to stop it to look at the debt graph. What a spike!

Susan August 19, 2011 at 3:55 pm

Fantastic find Granny Jan. Have you done one of your own yet? Should be some golf photos out there after today…

Granny Jan August 19, 2011 at 4:32 pm

I’m working on a video about the big, black, scary bus. Since that is old news I’ll have to tie it in with the vacay.

That’s why I check every new Obama video that comes out. This one was technically fantastic. The whole thing was great. I asked him what kind of video software he’s using.

I want to do a Wizard of Oz theme. I was watching the big, black, scary bus and started humming Miss Gulch’s song. It’s perfect. Also, if I only had a brain mentions Lincoln in the song. Bingo. The man behind the curtain is Soros, of course.

srdem65 August 19, 2011 at 3:29 pm

The “four more years” chant was from the other wealthy elites who consider a vacation on MV as a summer must.

Susan August 19, 2011 at 4:10 pm

I’ve always wondered how those wealthy elite Obama supporters can live like nothing has changed, and refuse to acknowledge the trouble we are in. It’s like they don’t see or they refuse to see what is happening around them. They have no compassion or empathy for anyone else outside of their circle of friends and family. Guess this is what societal breakdown looks like.

srdem65 August 19, 2011 at 4:37 pm

I think you’re right. We could lump in the DC bubble community, too.
DC is bustling with new construction, jobs are to be had, restaurants are taking reservations and high-end autos are cruising down the freeways.
Out here, in the other 57 states, it’s much different with long lines at the unemployment office, the food banks, and the depressing sight of empty storefronts. Our local restaurants have been long closed and all that’s left is the national chain eateries and fast food joints.

Star August 20, 2011 at 11:37 am

All true. My DC friends think I am a whiner. Well, I am–but you get where I was going there.

Star August 20, 2011 at 11:37 am

Oh…FOUR MORE YEARS–I thought they said FOUR MORE TEARS.

Joeb August 19, 2011 at 4:43 pm

It’s time to make the Obama’s pay back all the taxpayer money they have “stolen” for their vacation use. If they were sticking that money in their pockets, the theft would be more obvious and they’d face trial. But this is theft, nonetheless. We didn’t vote that O-hole in office to bankrupt the nation while he and his family bill us for their non-stop vacations. It’s time for legal action!

Laurie August 19, 2011 at 4:51 pm

I saw in another news story that one of the books he bought was “Brave New World.”

You can’t make this stuff up.

William August 19, 2011 at 5:39 pm

Let’s hope it doesn’t give him any ideas, because you know he won’t get the parody.

play nice August 19, 2011 at 5:15 pm

“your’re more tears”

vivian August 19, 2011 at 5:42 pm

Great beginning for an article, Keith. Perhaps some suggestions from posters would be amusing. I’d suggest a copy of a good dictionary with the definition of “noblesse oblige”. Or the lyrics to “I’m justa Great Pretender”.

sablegsd August 19, 2011 at 10:55 pm
Mary August 19, 2011 at 10:38 pm

You mean ‘ 4 more years’ added to the sentence he deserves for treason don’t cha?!

CindyLou August 19, 2011 at 11:16 pm

He bought brave new world-I am surprised it didn’t explode in his hands.

I am sure the other patrons of Bunch o’ grapes bookstore had no problem getting their purchases today…

Star August 20, 2011 at 11:40 am

They can download onto their Kindles…let them read Kindles.