He’s Back: Obama Takes to the Golf Course

by Keith Koffler on August 13, 2011, 1:29 pm

President Obama went golfing today, heading out for the 18th time this year and for the 76th time in his presidency, but for only the first time in seven weeks, having somehow not gotten a round in FOR THE ENTIRE MONTH OF JULY.

Obama had not been golfing since going twice on the weekend of June 25, the last of an incredible 13 weekends in a row that he had made it out on the links. It seems with the debt ceiling showdown and other matters, Obama actually HAD TO WORK WEEKENDS, causing him to miss some golf.

He will certainly make up for lost time starting Thursday, when he leaves for a ten day vacation on Martha’s Vineyard. He’s out today at the Andrews Air Force Base course with one of his usual posse, White House trip director Marvin Nicholson, as well as Marvin’s lucky brother Walter and someone named Grant Campbell.

RWBill August 13, 2011 at 3:38 pm

dude is such a sleeze

RA0725 August 13, 2011 at 3:51 pm

So, out on the links with Marvin, his $130,000 year salaried vacation planner.

Granny Jan August 13, 2011 at 4:08 pm

I knew today was the day. I should have bet someone but everyone probably knew today was the day, too.

A man can only take so much deprivation. As MO said “you can see the creases in his face” from worry and ValJar said “the man gets no sleep. He works tirelessly.

We can all agree it was a gutsy call.

Keith Koffler August 13, 2011 at 4:36 pm

Yes, gutsy call!

jan August 13, 2011 at 4:50 pm

Heaving guts here….he literally makes me sick.

Susan August 13, 2011 at 4:52 pm

Grant Campbell is listed on the WH directory as Associate Director and Trip Coordinator. Probably payback for coordinating the bus tour next week. Lots of play time ahead for the slacker in chief.

WingCommander August 13, 2011 at 5:16 pm

I understand that there is a mosque next to the golf course.

Just sayin’

srdem65 August 13, 2011 at 5:18 pm

Hold on there…didn’t MrCarney say that MrO wanted to spend time with his family? Well, they’re back from Oregon and he slips out to golf. Huh.

Susan August 13, 2011 at 6:11 pm

They’re back from the Oregon vacation? Didn’t hear that. Guess she decided to make a pit stop at the WH before her next vacation to Martha’s Vineyard. At least he’s going to be out of her hair during his road trip.

Boo August 13, 2011 at 6:39 pm

Pit stop necessary for staff to do laundry and refresh “wardrobe.”

BarrysHypocrisy August 14, 2011 at 12:26 am

No, I think she’s got to stop and pick up some more “friends” to take on her taxpayer paid vacation.

Lizzy August 14, 2011 at 1:49 am

Those sleeveless dresses and jewelry don’t buy themselves:)

Jon Carry August 13, 2011 at 5:33 pm

Our hero! Fresh from “doing bin Laden” the intrepid Present Øbama picks up a cigarette and a golf club and breaks a tooth trying to suck the handle of a putter.

Fah Que August 13, 2011 at 5:42 pm

Barry Soetoro, the Anti-Christ.

warbaby August 13, 2011 at 6:03 pm

Soetero needs professional help. He’s a con man and that is all he is.

sterlin king August 13, 2011 at 6:21 pm

Ok, I’m going to throw the bullshit card on this bold face lie our President just stated
‘ I knew Martin Luther King. Martin Luther King was a friend of mine ‘
Obama was born Aug 4th 1961. The Rev. King Jr died on Apr 4th 1968. That means our President had to have meet him and been his “friend” before he was 7yrs old and living in Hawaii. Very Interesting..
Now throw in the facts that MLK lived a “Christian Life”, practiced non violence, and was willing to except responsibility for his actions and I can see where obama would like to compare himself to MLK. But our dear President has zero, nada, nothing in common with The Honorable Rev Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.a truly great American.

Betty Betts August 13, 2011 at 8:39 pm

When the Lord passed out BRAINS Obama thought He said TRAINS and HE MISSED HIS.

Eugene August 14, 2011 at 3:44 am

The joke I heard was “When God passed out brains, obama thought he said trains and got on one” Anyway there both funny.

xrayview August 14, 2011 at 8:57 am

Martin Luther with also a con man. Had it not been for James Earl Ray, Martin would been Jesse Jackson. As for a Christian Life, read “When All the Wall Came Tumbling Down” written by his Partner Ralph David Abernathy. Just like Obama, Martin Luther King started life with another name, Michael King, his father renamed himself Martin Luther King, Sr. and his son become Marting Luther King, Jr. The whole civil rights movement was a scam!! What should have been a movement to free a whole group of people from racism and bigitry became a movement of enrichment for certain leaders i.e. Jackson etc. while the common black person just found a new master, the Federal Government Welfare system.

Mark Fowler August 13, 2011 at 8:02 pm

MLK was a born again Christian who showed it through the fruit in his life. He worked for the purpose of improving all America, obviously by improving the status of Black America. He succeeded by lifting us up and the power of humility and truth. Obama has no idea what that is … He wants to play Ro in Hood and take from the rich to give to the poor. He is no Martin Luther King.

Granny Jan August 13, 2011 at 8:20 pm

This is the expression Obama frequently has when his highness doesn’t want to be photographed. It’s a side of him that most people never see. It’s the real Obama.

Susan August 13, 2011 at 8:40 pm

If looks could kill… Wonder if he is carrying the notebook so it looks like he’s working rather than heading to the golf course.

Granny Jan August 13, 2011 at 8:44 pm
Star August 14, 2011 at 11:49 am

Or else carrying some trendy book by that Jonathan Franzen or someone–whose second book, by the way, blew, in my not so humble.

CindyLou August 14, 2011 at 12:49 am

Granny Jan you Do rock. That photo is SO ! childish, pathetic and, considering he runs the country, evil

It is a spoiled brat expression, I know I used to be one :)

Anyway, Good job as always

btw love the avatar – Love the peapod best or all so far tho!

CindyLou August 14, 2011 at 12:53 am

*of all

at least I didn’t type loose for lose

we should get credit for that these days

Titainiumman August 13, 2011 at 8:28 pm

Once again Our muslim marxist rule show that he wiil and does lie about everthing.I wonder since MLK died in 68 When Obama was 7 years old and living in Hawaii where did this meeting with Mlk take place?

OBAMA IS A PATHOLOGICAL LIAR AND PROVES IT ON A DAILY BASIS!!!

Ralph Reetz August 13, 2011 at 8:37 pm

Obama is no MLK. MLK loved America and Obama is hell bent on destroying America. After all he in ernest believes that the price of Gasoline in America should be close to what the Europeans are shelling out. Oh he publicly laments the high prices while privately celebrating. He has run America into the ground at every opportunity and is an obsructionist in dealing the need to slash the runaway spending, infact he has been an activist spending and borrowing at levels NEVER before seen. This is all in accord with his grand scheme of so called PROGRESSIVISM, which is intended to take this once great nation down. Sadly this President has fooled many normally thoughtful Americans. Hopefully they will wake up before it is to late.

bella007 August 13, 2011 at 9:00 pm

Awww, you poor malcontents. He IS very much like MLK in many ways. Plus, maybe he should chop bush on a fake ranch for 200 days of the year??

Granny Jan August 13, 2011 at 9:19 pm

Many ways? Would you care to elucidate?

Oh, I forgot. You’re a Democrat. Elucidate means to explain.

bella007 August 13, 2011 at 10:19 pm

@Granny, I usually don’t bother to respond to people who had a hand in destroying this country ( this means you and yours ), but you seem to be exceptional in oh so many ways. “Many ways” very simplified for you means that The President AND MLK cared very deeply For The People. Read slooowly…Being a white woman, I personally was involved w Martin’s cause, being from Illinois I know and understand what this President is trying to accomplish,despite the obstructionism from your kind. You are waaay over your head here, as is the writer of this “story”…………Respond, don’t respond, I’m leaving this site. Feel like I need a shower after being here. You have a lovely day……………..

Robin888 August 13, 2011 at 11:06 pm

Oh my, being from Illinois automatically disqualifies you from being taken seriously. And please do take that shower. Spare the rest of us because the stench is overwhelming.

CindyLou August 14, 2011 at 12:54 am

What Robin said

You have alot of gall comparing obama to MLK

Just like he did

a pox on all of you-dang! have some dignity

CindyLou August 14, 2011 at 12:58 am

take you shower mrs-you will probably spend quite a bit of time taking the gunk out of your shower drain anyway

OMG I feel like a palin supporter, ick – disregard

Star August 14, 2011 at 11:51 am

C’mon–she’s not worth this…

Granny Jan August 14, 2011 at 6:13 am

Your kind

You must mean 66 year old Jewish, Republican grandmothers from one of the most liberal towns in MA, Amherst, where I get along with everyone except conservatives only because their aren’t any.

I doubt the reverse is true with you, ms intolerant.

Lizzy August 15, 2011 at 6:55 am

Anything starting out with ‘your kind’ should be deleted or put in
ignorant file.

Colleen O. August 13, 2011 at 10:06 pm

A friend’s daughter works at Andrews A.F. base and she says she sees Obama on the course almost every day when he is in DC.— much more than is actually reported.

Granny Jan August 14, 2011 at 6:18 am

I don’t know. Doesn’t the pool have to be alerted.? Aren’t there always photographers near by? He’d have to either be complicent with the Secret Service or sneaking aaway from them. That doesn’t seem probable. Maybe you can get more info.

Robin888 August 13, 2011 at 10:57 pm

Well … barf! MLK had a core set of beliefs and Obama has no such thing. Obama is an nth degree narcissist. It is all about him. Period. Vote for him and it is a vote against yourself. Remember in November!

kattrina August 14, 2011 at 1:45 am

You scumbag, you were not elected to vacation and golf. you might think you were elected to ruin this great country but you and yours are nothing but what is normal for people like you to live in government housing. well enjoy cause you and yours are getting your butts kicked out of our house

Jason August 14, 2011 at 2:48 am

You don’t think his missing the month of July had more to do with the heat than anything else?

Jason August 14, 2011 at 2:51 am

Keith, just curious because another commenter brought it up, is it possible that he gets in significantly more games than is reported? Have a great day!

Keith Koffler August 14, 2011 at 9:57 am

I don’t think so. It would be really hard to hide this. It’s a big operation moving the president.

wallace1303 August 14, 2011 at 3:59 am

Mr. Obama; want to see new jobs created, wall street shoot up, the economy recover and while you spend more time with your family….Then resign today!

dmichael August 14, 2011 at 8:16 am

Hope he stays out golfing until 2012

Jimbo August 14, 2011 at 8:55 am

While he’s not golfing or vacationing he’s thinking of great people he can compare him self to . He’s got a ego the size of the universe!

Granny Jan August 14, 2011 at 9:02 am
Susan August 14, 2011 at 11:51 am

So true Granny Jan. Obama must have been the subject of this psychological study…

“It also prevents proper interaction with colleagues who often vastly overestimate the ability of their overconfident bosses.”

Great analysis of the sycophants who surround him. More along the lines of hero worship rather than collaboration and problem-solving.

j. lynch August 14, 2011 at 9:48 am

perhaps 0 can offer el tigre a few golfing tips.
0 seems to know everything about everything else.

Cheryl August 14, 2011 at 11:27 am

Ok so when he was 7 years old he was friends? a lying moron once again!!

BillT August 14, 2011 at 11:42 am

I don’t recall a time MLK was on the golf course. I think he was too hard at work on his calling. What part of King, does this dope think re resembles. “judge a Man” so it can’t be color!
What a wally Obummer is
Bill T

Nick August 14, 2011 at 11:55 am

You guys are seriously all fools. Mitt Romney? Michelle Bachmann? The only thing the GOP knows how to run is the country into the ground. I would take Obama in office for the rest of my life before anyone else from the GOP steals their way into office. The idiocy of all you blue color morons voting GOP and not being extremely wealthy is what really takes the cake. Read again: you are a moron. Bush is in office for 8 years and puts us on the edge of the cliff and you want to blame Obama for everything. Read again: you are a moron.

I’m a fool too, posting on a fool’s site. Oh well, it’s my birthday and I don’t give a fock. Also, you’re a moron.

Susan August 14, 2011 at 2:17 pm

Vladimir Lenin had a name for people with your thought process, Nick. Hope you have a happy birthday.

Granny Jan August 14, 2011 at 4:32 pm

In my high school yearbook I wrote that I wanted the Kennedys to run this country forever. So there is hope for you.

I thought I was smart, too, and everyone else was stupid. Then something magical happened: I grew a brain. I started reading books
and magazines besides the Boston Globe, Time and Newsweek. I learned that I had been had. Hope the same thing happens to you.

Star August 14, 2011 at 7:55 pm

We try to speak well of you, Nick. So far as I know, we have never met and you know nothing about me.

mike diehl August 14, 2011 at 12:02 pm

hi

well I am sure he lies about his golf score too…he lies about everything else

victord August 14, 2011 at 1:52 pm

Comrades,

Go easy on our leader, after all this is the month of Ramadan.

mark buchman August 14, 2011 at 2:31 pm

He wish, MLK is rolling in his crave. Dont compare apples to oranges.

Silverlady August 14, 2011 at 3:51 pm

Yes, the Arschloch in Chief chose to play golf the weekend our brave Seals died in the ‘chopper crash, along with the downgrade of the U.S. AAA rating to AA.
Nero fiddles while Rome burns. Only he would do well to remember what happened to Nero in the end.

dKAT September 11, 2013 at 3:42 am

177554 10010This web page is often a walk-through its the internet you wanted about this and didn

dtp June 20, 2014 at 5:22 am

Greetings! I’ve been reading your web site for a long time now and finally got the
courage to go ahead and give you a shout out from New Caney Tx!
Just wanted to say keep up the great job!

http://livesrilanka.com June 22, 2014 at 6:32 am

Hi there everyone, it’s my first pay a visit at this site, and paragraph is actually fruitful in favor of me, keep up
posting these content.

Lizzy August 14, 2011 at 1:47 am

He will just farm this out to others to deal withn like he does everything else. Gosh he can’t be bothered to do a job or work. Got to brush up on the old golf swing. Like Nero he fiddles while the country is in danger turmoil does weaken us and we are more at risk.
The world and are enemies see us as weak. We have 15 more months to pray for our safety because we have no strong leadership.
Like a rudderless ship drifting at sea…we are the Titanic and he’s just
rearranging the deck chairs.