The Obama Morning News || July 14, 2011

by Keith Koffler on July 14, 2011, 9:14 am

President Obama abruptly left debt negotiations with congressional leaders at the White House when House Republican leader Eric Cantor said there was no longer time to engage in the large-scale deficit reduction discussions

Republicans clashed over Senate GOP Leader Mitch McConnell’s plan to allow Obama to raise the debt ceiling, as McConnell warned that default could “destroy” GOP brand but House GOP Leader Eric Cantor rejected breaking the stalemate.

Obama declared during the meeting that he would not yield on his vow not to allow a short term extension.

If there’s no deal, the president would be forced to make difficult choices about what to pay or not pay. Lawmakers scrambled to come up with backup plans to decide who would still get paid if the government bumps up against its debt limit next month.

Sarah Palin said McConnell’s plan to allow Obama to raise the debt ceiling amounted to a “white flag.” Palin may wait until August or September to decide on whether to run.

Rudy Giuliani said he’ll run for president if no other Republican can beat Obama.  Michele Bachmann leads the House Tea Party Caucus, but for New Hampshire tea partyers, Rep. Ron Paul appears to be the GOP presidential candidate of choice.

Republicans have too many messengers, and not one who can go toe-to-toe with Obama, writes POLITICO.

And NBC chronicles Michelle Obama’s various missteps.

Granny Jan July 14, 2011 at 9:32 am

I’m directing all my attention towards MO’s husband in this election year. I did countless videos on her extravagance, her hypocrisy…she recently wore $1000 Lanvin sandals on the Fourth of July… It never changes. Unless she comes out with more insane policy statements, I’m ignoring her. She’ll be crushed. ;-)

Susan July 14, 2011 at 9:51 am

Good idea to focus on the prime character in this upcoming election. Michelle is her own worst enemy…saw video of her scowling at the memorial service for Betty Ford. He must really be jonesing for a ride on AF1. Seems like all this work is really cramping his style. Might also have something to do with his latest temper tantrum.

William July 14, 2011 at 10:26 am

One-thousand dollars? That just cannot be possible.

Lizzy July 14, 2011 at 10:37 am

There is a site were all they do is detail every item of clothes, shoes
and jewelry she wears. They do her no favors as you can then see
how much she spends. Like the arm full of bracelets that by looking them up was about $8,000 or more:(

William July 14, 2011 at 10:51 am

I guess, me being a guy, it’s just impossible to wrap my mind around that much for a pair of sandals. The most I ever spent was about $200 for a pair of high-tech mountaineering boots.

Lizzy July 14, 2011 at 11:32 am

William if I could spend the money she does I wouldn’t buy the
ugly stuff she does. When you look them up the model is always
a size 4 30 year old. Guess Michelle doesn’t own a mirror:)

Boo July 14, 2011 at 4:10 pm

Lizzy – she does have a mirror – MOTUS – Mirror of the United States. Just google Michelle Obama Mirror. Very funny “stuff”.

Star July 14, 2011 at 11:07 am

That site was all jumbly–but it made me look at that blue and red sundress again…eye bleach! Please. As SrDem says.

Lizzy July 14, 2011 at 12:14 pm

Go here mrs-o.org it’s a swell site:)

Susan July 14, 2011 at 12:41 pm

Swell site Lizzy…lots of saccharin, vacuous comments to be sure.

Lizzy July 14, 2011 at 1:57 pm

They are not the brightest curly bulbs in the box they just give all
the details so I can look up the cost:). God bless them they do more harm than they know. Too busy fawning over Mrs O:)

William July 14, 2011 at 9:43 am

Really? Politico doesn’t think anybody can go toe-to-toe with a petulant, whiny, self-absorbed, unqualified, inexperience, ungrounded, wishy-washy, teleprompter-dependent, holier-than-thou, self-important, snooty, elitist man-child?

Susan July 14, 2011 at 9:56 am

Consider the source, William. Does “JournoList” ring a bell?

William July 14, 2011 at 10:04 am

I know…

Death Ray July 14, 2011 at 10:07 am

Snort. I notice you didn’t put forth a candidate who could beat Obama while you were venting your spleen.

BeeCee July 14, 2011 at 10:42 am

Pick one. Anyone. Let’s see, there’s Bernie Madoff for beginners.

Death Ray July 14, 2011 at 10:45 am

I rest my case.

Star July 14, 2011 at 11:07 am

I am just hoping he can beat himself. Him v Him–the battle of the titans!

srdem65 July 14, 2011 at 10:09 am

The Prez is insisting on raising taxes on the wealthy top-tier taxpayers to meet some ill-defined redistribution of wealth that some of his way-lefty supporters believe is a form of social justice. This kind of thinking, coupled with threats to the most vulnerable Americans, is not sitting well with the public.
At this point, MrO can’t win no matter how this budget fight resolves. He’s in charge, he’s the Prez, he’s the big shot and if he can’t get this done and settled, he’s the one who will take the blame.
While the MSM ( and some hopeful Dems) claim that the Repubs will be held responsible for any default, they have dismissed the mandate the voters gave to Congress in 2010.
The message: fix the mess, cut the spending.

Death Ray July 14, 2011 at 10:44 am

I know that some people think that only the last election matters, but actually all elections matter. The country is fickle. They rebuffed the Republicans in 2008, the Republicans regained some ground in 2010. In 2012, who knows? But if you are going to declare that any one election is an unfettered mandate, then you ought to love Affordable Care. That was, after all, part of Obama’s mandate.

Star July 14, 2011 at 11:09 am

He should take the blame for everything and for his little hissies etc but the press will recraft all this.

Death Ray July 14, 2011 at 11:29 am

Oh yes, the wicked, wicked press. And behind them the Jews and Freemasons, no doubt.

Star July 14, 2011 at 11:43 am

If I thought that, I would have posted that.

Lizzy July 14, 2011 at 10:34 am

Just reading where Obama is planning his 50th Birthday bash. It’s in Chicago and $50 a head or $35,800 per couple special tickets. Lots of
celebs of course. Now let’s circle the date Aug 3rd ring a bell that’s the day
he throws the Seniors under the bus why not celebrate? Party like Nero!

Susan July 14, 2011 at 10:58 am

How tacky to charge people to attend your birthday party. He better not count on getting too many birthday presents after all his guests pay that entry fee.

Obama probably has a grand plan he’s going to offer the Republicans that they can’t refuse…just in time for him to jet off to Chicago to party like a rock star and take in that Martha’s Vineyard vacation.

Star July 14, 2011 at 11:10 am

I went to a “cash” wedding once–memorable for its tackitude.

William July 14, 2011 at 11:21 am

I’d rather he charge them something as opposed to the taxpayer footing the entire bill.

William July 14, 2011 at 10:58 am

He’s more like Commodus.

Susan July 14, 2011 at 11:37 am

Your comments always peak my curiosity William. Never heard of Commodus so had to look him up. Commodus began to dress like and eventually changed his name to Hercules. Because of his self-described “divine talent” he thought the Roman people should start ponying up some coin for his appearances, so he demanded to be paid from the gladiator fund for each gig. While he was playing gladiator in Rome, his empire was crumbling around him. Sounds like another vain, narcissistic character we all know.

William July 14, 2011 at 11:41 am

He also severely devalued the currency of the realm.

Tim July 14, 2011 at 12:04 pm

Good call, I was thinking Elagabalus

Keith Koffler July 14, 2011 at 12:15 pm

Glad to know there are better educated people than me around here.

Tim July 14, 2011 at 3:40 pm

I collect Roman coins-still waiting on the Emperor Obama coin, that’ll make it 13 Caesars instead of 12.

William July 14, 2011 at 11:33 pm

There are several you could link him to. I chose Commodus for the devaluation of the currency, his belief that he was a god, because he followed a stoic and lived more licentiously, and the awesome lion skin he started wearing.

Sara B July 14, 2011 at 11:07 am

Lizzy, it’s also the start of Ramadan…he needs to celebrate before the Muslim holidays begin! Held any later, it might cut into his multicultural attendance/fundraising.

Lizzy July 14, 2011 at 11:30 am

Thanks for the reminder cause we dare not forget, Easter who cares
but Ramadan well very important. Had a friend who lived in Saudi for
4 years she called it Ramalongadindong.

jan July 14, 2011 at 11:44 am

Let’s see if he stops wearing jewlery again ( a no-no during ramadan if memory serves..remember last year he had to have his wedding ring fixed? Funny…I’ve had mine almost 38 years and it is still fine.

Granny Jan July 14, 2011 at 11:13 am

H’s real b.d. is Aug 4. I’ve got an idea. He could hold it in the Invesco center and take the Greek columns out of storage.

Keith Koffler July 14, 2011 at 11:22 am

Thanks for letting us know about this Lizzy.

Lizzy July 14, 2011 at 11:35 am

I live to fight the good fight and am growing very tired of being called
stupid and uninformed! He ain’t seen nothing yet never good to anger
we torch wielding villagers:)

William July 14, 2011 at 11:42 am
Star July 14, 2011 at 11:33 am

I had a werid idea this morning. How about a professional facilitator running these meetings. That person can sum up, categorize ideas, keep things moving, calll on people incl the president…Keep things on track. “Now, Mr Cantor, I hear you saying…. what do you think of what Mr Obama just said…” That sort of thing.

Susan July 14, 2011 at 11:51 am

How about they just put the meetings on c-span? At least we could see for ourselves who is telling the truth about his behavior.

sportinlife10 July 14, 2011 at 11:58 am

While a facilitator sounds practical, in the MN shutdown, at that (more or less) suggestion, some folks properly bristled, saying none of those names were on the ballot. Also, it costs extra money, and some folks thought those elected officials ought to earn their keep, do the job they were hired to do.

Star July 14, 2011 at 12:14 pm

Yeah, a facilitator would have to be paid–but what–$1000 a day or something? Maybe these servants could serve by agreeing to listen to a neutral third party.

Star July 14, 2011 at 12:54 pm

I had to take people to small claims twice–by then, both parties despised each other, but facilitation was required and tamped things down, relegated issues to categories, kept circling the issues noting each change in position, and most importantly, did not involve one party being the boss of the other, running the meeting like a schoolmaster. It worked! People spend whole careers learning this skill–how to get to “yes.”

cindyloo July 14, 2011 at 11:38 am
MT for re-redistribution July 14, 2011 at 11:40 am

The Social Security scare is just proof positive that they have stolen all the money from the program. I know I am stating the obvious, but nevertheless, that program was never suppoosed to be used as it was (for more federal spending). I am disgusted with this government, republicans and dems alike.

Susan July 14, 2011 at 11:59 am

They started robbing the lock box under LBJ. How do you think they paid for the Medicare start-up costs? The Washington elites have been robbing us blind for decades and now that the piggy bank is empty they are pointing fingers at each other.

lc southern July 14, 2011 at 11:52 am

They know they have to make some kind of deal. Enough with the gaming each side.

hman July 14, 2011 at 4:52 pm

Oh boy, another example of NBC/LAMESTREAM MEDIA fawning over the Obamas and their missteps. WAIT, WHAT?

Synthia Fenny September 8, 2011 at 8:52 am

What is in the content of a copyright waiver ? I need to make one and need to know what it includes?

Straighten really curly hair without heat March 9, 2014 at 12:17 pm

My partmer aand I absolutely love your blog and find almost all of your post’s to be precisely what I’m looking for.
Would you offer guest writers to writee content to suit your needs?
I wouldn’t mind writijng a post or elaboating on a
few of the subjects you write related to here.
Again, awesome website!

Krystle March 12, 2014 at 4:18 am

I leave a leave a response when I appreciate a article on a site
or I have something too contribute to the conversation.

Usualkly it’s caused by the sincerness communicated in the article I browsed.

And on this post The Obama Morning Neews ||
July 14, 2011 | The Blogg on Obama: White House Dossier.
I was moved enough to post a thught :-P I actually do have 2 question for you iff it’s allright.
Could it be only mme or does it look as if like
some of the cojments look like coming from brain dead folks?
:-P And, if youu are writing at other online social sites, I woud
lioke to follow you. Woul you make a list every one of your communal sites like your Faacebook page, twitter feed, or linkeein profile?

MT for re-redistribution July 14, 2011 at 11:43 am

Yeah, they are pretty bad. If they were white, I would call them white trash.