Obama Golf Streak Ends at 13

by Keith Koffler on July 4, 2011, 2:50 pm

One of the great streaks in the history of sports came to an end today after President Obama cancelled a golf outing at the last minute this morninig, apparently out of concern over threatening skies.

It now appears golf will not be rescheduled for later today.

Obama had gone golfing 13 weekends in row, at least once every weekend since all the way back to April 3.

Obama went golfing twice last weekend, bringing his total number of outings to 75 as president, including 17 trips to the links this year.

That he missed golf on a three day weekend is truly a stunning development. The sports and political worlds are in a deep state of shock.

Well, you know, it’s surprising anyway.

William July 4, 2011 at 5:59 pm

What a wuss! Bishop Pickering didn’t let a little rain stop him!

srdem65 July 4, 2011 at 6:06 pm

Drat! I lost $20.

Russell July 4, 2011 at 7:30 pm

I’m at a loss for words.

lc southern July 4, 2011 at 7:48 pm

Shocking!

Stephen Rogers July 4, 2011 at 8:45 pm

The Cheerleader of Chief is watching the Casey Anthony trial, no time for golf when a future voter’s life is at stake.

Granny Jan July 4, 2011 at 9:39 pm

I think there is more to this than meets the eye. The weather forcasts said there were only scattered light showers and sprinkles today.

Their might have been a tug of war going on and he got tugged back with some kind of ultimatum. Did he really want to read on Drudge 14th straight weekend of golf and on Malia’s birthday?

Ace of Spades has an interesting post on an expert on psychopaths. I always knew that BO has NPD but after reading all about psychopaths, I have to wonder if it’s worse than just that. Many influential leaders in history have been psychopaths and the author said that 4% of CEOs are, also.

That doesn’t discount all his posse and sycophants who don’t have personality disorders but stay with him just for power. Someday they might write tell-alls but we aren’t going to know the truth until then.

Susan July 4, 2011 at 10:17 pm

Maybe Daley had a hand in it. He seems to be the only non-sycophant in his entourage. I recall Daley telling a group of manufacturers complaining about Obama’s oppressive regulations that “sometimes you can’t defend the indefensible”.

There will be books written afterward I’m sure. Wish there was a patriot among them who would step forward and speak out now, before any more damage is done.

Granny Jan July 4, 2011 at 11:02 pm

I think you’re right. Daley was sent as an sos by the DNC.

Gen. MaCCaffrey is one of the only ones I respect and that’s because he was fired.

jan July 4, 2011 at 11:40 pm

Some of us are still shocked at the lack of golf, considering he was willing to abandon his wife and birthday daughter. Any word on how many of the “troops” who were at the WH were wounded warriors? Or did all of them politely decline…..just wondering.

Star July 5, 2011 at 10:56 am

His war on drugs was a travesty.

Lizzy July 5, 2011 at 3:26 am

I doubt it but perhaps someone got a clue that this fiddling I mean golfing
while the country goes down the toilet was a bad idea? Now if we could
just stop Michelle’s shopping and vacations. Baby steps.