The Obama administration has warned that exceeding the debt limit will be the ultimate nightmare scenario. Here, in case you missed it, is White House Press Secretary Jay Carney several weeks ago describing what could happen.
White House Dossier recently obtained a private White House list of specific possible consequences of the U.S. exceeding the debt ceiling. We share the ten most significant of them here.
1. Every fourth person’s head will explode.
2. Sky will fall and be too heavy to put back.
3. U.S. must start charging admission to Cleveland.
4. China will gain a controlling interest in American Movie Channel.
5. U.S. forced to use Discover Card and get money back.
6. Treasury Secretary Geithner forced to break open piggy bank stored under his desk.
7. “A Penny Saved is a Penny Earned” substituted for “In God We Trust” on money
8. Chinese restaurants allowed to start charging for fortune cookies.
9. Office of Management and Budget director forbidden to play Wii while at work.
10. When on vacation, United States no longer permitted to charge pina coladas to the room.