Campaign Downgrades Obama Raffle by Including Biden

by Keith Koffler on June 28, 2011, 9:04 am

The Obama campaign has mysteriously downgraded its $5 Dinner With Obama raffle by forcing the winner to have dinner with Biden as well!

Okay, if this sounds mean spirited of me, please ask any Washington journalist who has had to listen to Biden for any length of time. It’s excruciating. At least lower the minimum donation to $2.50.

Here’s the email I got yesterday from the campaign. I was flabbergasted. And how is it fair to pull this on those who have already entered? I mean, talk about bait and switch!

Keith –

I just got an unexpected update about the “Dinner with Barack” contest we kicked off last week that I think you’ll want to hear.

The President wanted to tell you the news himself, so he recorded a short video with the new details.

I can’t tell you anything more than that — but let’s just say if you haven’t yet thrown your name in the hat for this thing, I have a feeling this announcement might change that.

Watch the President’s video, and then donate $5 or more to be automatically entered for the chance to have dinner with him:

Messina

Jim Messina

Campaign Manager

Obama for America

FREE ROAMING FOR INTERNATIONAL CALLS!
Check out the best international Sim Cards and save up to 80% on your phone calls, go to roaming free sims and travelsim!

jan June 28, 2011 at 9:20 am

Seriously? Can we have fried fat cakes and lobster? Not that I would spend a nickle on it, but I do wonder what the menu will be….

ol' gator June 28, 2011 at 9:30 am

Now who would miss a chance to dine with this creature ?…especially since I hear Moochele got the african recipe for fried pig fat cakes.. after eating several lbs. of these morsels on safari, she has decided to put her personal touch to it by adding 2x more lard.. When you think about it, you’ll get more out of a conversation with the fat cakes than you will with joe …

srdem65 June 28, 2011 at 9:33 am

Just like the ads (AsSeenOnTV) you now can get twice the product for the original stated price, S&H free. I might be interested if they would throw in some of those vegetable choppers.

William June 28, 2011 at 9:47 am

They’re adding Biden? They better serve plenty of Wild Turkey 101 so that the winners can handle it.

Susan June 28, 2011 at 10:01 am

Drudge is linking to an article about this campaign video. It was filmed in the WH, the peoples house. Just another violation of campaign finance laws that nobody at the FEC or DOJ seems to care about. Let Michele Bachmann slip up, even a tiny bit, and they will be on her in a New York minute…

Russell June 28, 2011 at 10:57 am

Susan, I watched this as reported by Fox & Friends this morning. I’m glad you added it here. I’m sure Holder is right on top of this and persue it to the fullest extent of the law!

Maybe Keith will ask about it today.

Star June 28, 2011 at 12:26 pm

OMG–did you read the NYT comments on her…Could any of them be paid?

Shofar June 28, 2011 at 10:58 am

Keith,

You shouldn’t pick on poor old Joe. Some people were born with a silver spoon in their mouths, Joe was born with a silver foot in his.

Keith Koffler June 28, 2011 at 12:32 pm

Yes, he was.

MT for re-redistribution June 28, 2011 at 11:31 am

Yep, campaigning in the White House. The King can do as he wishes.

Didn’t he go to law school? Oh wait a minute, that’s actually a really good question… Who the hell IS this guy? What has he NOT faked? The only thing that comes to mind is the pathetic golf swing :-0

Star June 28, 2011 at 12:25 pm

Again, a shot of hemlock, Drano back, please.

Dennis June 28, 2011 at 12:27 pm

donate $5 to What? CREP or something similar?

lc southern June 28, 2011 at 8:40 pm

It was the WTF campaign until someone realized what the letters mean to most people…

Russell June 28, 2011 at 2:35 pm

I just can not image having a meal with BHO let alone Biden. Biden has said that he thinks that he is the smartest person in the room, so what conversation would little ol’ me be able to offer that would stimule good old Joe?

I can see BHO and JB sitting at the table trying to convice the other just how smart and special they are.

ol' gator June 28, 2011 at 5:46 pm

Yes Russell , but both of them would use you as a mere pawn in their conflict of egos as they battle to manipulate you into submission..
Your only relief will come when they go out back for a smoke.
And you better eat & drink fast ! !.. those fried lard cakes,french fries,
and Schlitz malt liquor wont last for long with those dudes around..

Langley barfly June 28, 2011 at 2:40 pm

QUESTION?

Is anyone allowed to see VP Biden’s “Daily Schedule/Events”?

I heard that VP Biden’s “Daily Schedule” is OFF LIMITS… no one is allowed to see what VP Joe Biden is doing.
No One in the ‘main stream media’ ever follows or questions Biden… Why is that?

Tim June 28, 2011 at 2:45 pm

Glad you posted the gist of the email Keith, anything sent to me from that domain automatically gets zapped to the spam folder.

Mike Lester June 28, 2011 at 4:14 pm

The assumption that this was somehow an “upgrade” jumps the arrogance shark. And then does donuts.

Keith Koffler June 28, 2011 at 9:30 pm

It’s like finding out the uncle who spits when he talks to you is coming for Thanksgiving.

William June 28, 2011 at 9:46 pm
Sandy June 28, 2011 at 5:52 pm

What an absolutely cheeeeezy, low class way to raise campaign money.

Yet again, an embarrassment to this country.

Keith Koffler June 28, 2011 at 6:04 pm

Raffling off the president – yes, cheesy.

old and in the way June 28, 2011 at 7:49 pm

this lunch raffle with dumb & dumber is so regressive ,I didn’t believe it, thought it was gag, a joke . now I find that it is both !!
whats next? a beer drinking session with obozo & hulk hogan raffle?
a clearing house publisher’s “you may have already won an all expense free campaign trip with the prez??
a place at the table with fellow contestants barry & moochie for the first annual “fried pig cakes eating contest ?
you cant make this stuff up !!!!

lc southern June 28, 2011 at 8:44 pm

I think the original slogan of “win the future” or WTF as it was called is very suitable for this contest if you go with what most people consider WTF to mean.

Curmudgeon10 June 29, 2011 at 1:57 pm

I thought I heard the losers got the dinner with Biden.

cactus02 June 29, 2011 at 2:03 pm

If I were to win whose campaign speech would Biden recite as his own. What an embarrassment.

dharc June 29, 2011 at 2:22 pm

hold on, if you order now, you can get a 8×10 glossy photo of joe bidens’ hair plugs…and ….a box of left-over fries from mitchell’s dinner last night…….- call jim messina(,1-800-i’mpathetic)…..these people are turning Americas White House into an overnight motel and game show … how low class can they go?

Mike June 29, 2011 at 4:06 pm

How about dinner with Herman Cain?

David June 29, 2011 at 5:23 pm

Maybe for a $10 dollar lottery ticket, you can opt out of the entire thing.

Dane Judd August 25, 2011 at 5:30 pm

What happened with the Obama lunch raffle? I haven´t heard anything about it since June. Did it happen? Why no news coverage? Did it not happen? Why no news coverage.

it´s as if they took the money and just let the whole thing fade away…