Quote of the Day

by Keith Koffler on June 27, 2011, 7:37 am

“When I was elected president, I promised to focus like a laser beam on my putting, and I think I’ve achieved that.”

- Barack Obama

A note from our attorneys: This is not a real quote.

William June 27, 2011 at 8:54 am

Not from what the golfers I know tell me. They say his swing is just terrible.

ol' gator June 27, 2011 at 9:31 am

and his politics is even worse..

Greg June 27, 2011 at 9:55 am

But what is he putting?

Er. sorry, I thought it was puttering….

Granny Jan June 27, 2011 at 11:48 am

New WH shoes on the furniture photo with Lincoln looking over his shoulder.

Does that make 15, 16 or 17 of these photos. No coincidence. A not so subtle message to rest of us:

Susan June 27, 2011 at 12:40 pm

You are absolutely correct. No coincidence at all. From what I’ve read about Arab culture, it is a sign of disrespect to show the sole of one’s shoes to another. The person exposing their soles consider onlookers to be beneath them. The scowl on his face only adds to message.

Granny Jan June 27, 2011 at 1:35 pm

That was certainly true of this photo. He was on the phone with Netanyahu with holes, yet, in the soles of his shoes. That photo was shown throughout the ME.

P. Diddy June 27, 2011 at 12:45 pm

Abe looks pissed… As he should.
Can’t this narcissistic bonehead show a little decorum? Both in his daily actions and his overall demeanor? That is not your furniture, you grinning, smarmy, freeloading bag of feces, it is an Historical Artifact, and belongs to the people of the United States. Get your Goddamn feet off my furniture, get to work, and start achieving what the PEOPLE want, not what your twisted idea of the future should be.

Granny Jan June 27, 2011 at 1:23 pm

We know what Obama is thing but what the hell is the Pete Souza, the photogrpher, thinking? He also worked for Reagan.

Susan June 27, 2011 at 3:00 pm

I didn’t know that he worked for Reagan. Doesn’t say too much for Pete Souza that he would take this kind of photo. Especially if he suggested the pose. Morals and ethics are in very short supply in D.C.

ol' gator June 27, 2011 at 1:04 pm

Looks bored out of his gourd?
Mind must be racing :
“@#$*, I gotta semble ma posse an git on dat #%@ big plane agin! h#$%@ ! gottago ta hit europe agin ware day #@*$% preciate me…
Needa finda*#@#& way ta fix doz polls mo betta , an rayz mo $$$..
shudda gotta a way ta catch a ride wit shelli ,she has all da *%#@ fun…
Im too @#%# smart and importint ta be sittin wit deez dweedz..
So @#$%$# hard bein da smartist one in da White cribhouse..
#@$% !! left ma carpet putter in da uddaroom..
Realla need ta fire up a kool menthol ..10 minits is too long ta wayt…
Howbowtta cold beer ? aint enuff starch on ma suit
Golf? who said golf? ” oh #%@& ! !, false alarm, day sed gulf !
Is it lunch yet? batroom break? @#%# too much lobster last nite agin..
Dont I looks cool wit ma feet up?
Igottit !! I jus say I got me a impotant fone call
ta make on ma impotant blackberry an send Joe in ma place…te he !
#$%@ YES I CAN !!! …

Granny Jan June 27, 2011 at 2:06 pm

They’re weaning BO off the telly but his delivery is sooo slow and deliberate and boring. It’s better than Ambien. He looks down every other word. It’s embarassing. He can’t remember one whole sentence without looking at his notes. He’s obviously too busy to study ahead of time. Why should he? He knows more than any of his advisors.

Susan June 27, 2011 at 3:03 pm

Where’s the snooze button? Only got through the first two minutes and it was painful.