Michelle Obama made me sad Monday when she said at a California fundraiser that the job of being president is hard on Barack, with him having to get up early, work hard, feel worried about things, read memos in their entirety while taking notes, and so forth.
Cameras were barred from the fundraiser, but she said something similar last month at an event that was videotaped.
It’s just not clear to me anymore that the $400,000 a year salary, the chauffeured limousine, the free mansion, the catered meals, and the opportunity to be the most powerful man in the world is enough compensation for what he has to go through. Gosh, all of you out there who are unemployed, count your blessings that you don’t have to work like this.
I made some phone calls and a source deep within the White House revealed that President Obama has written down the things he doesn’t like about his job. After sending my source a bottle of his favorite brand of scotch, he sent me Obama’s list, titled, “The Ten Things I Hate About My Job.”
I print it here for you.
1. White House is great, but smoking not allowed in federal buildings.
2. Chauffeur sometimes accelerates too quickly.
3. Tired of Lobster Parisienne every day for breakfast.
4. Salary of $400,000 is pretty good but can’t get direct deposit.
5. Military dudes always laugh when I ask them about the environmental impact of their activities.
6. It’s tough having meetings when Hillary is there because she always thinks she’s the smartest one in the room when really I’m the smartest one in the room.
7. Must have lunch once a week with Biden.
8. Must have lunch once a week with Michelle.
9. Every room is a different damn color.
10. Being both the president and the Messiah is just a little too much on my plate.