Gone Golfin’

by Keith Koffler on April 10, 2011, 12:44 pm

Yes indeed he has. Golf outing number 63, for those of you keeping score at home. From the pool report, by my dryly humored friend Steve Thomma of McClatchy.

I’m particularly relieved since I promised to eat my computer yesterday if he didn’t go today.

Motorcade arrived at the golf course at Andrews at 10:50 am EDT.

The president’s foursome will include Eric Whitaker, David Katz and Marvin Nicholson.

Assuming they tee off soon, they should make it back to the clubhouse, or the White House, in plenty of time to watch the final holes of the Masters.

{ 1 trackback }

Granny Jan April 10, 2011 at 12:55 pm

“President Barack Obama wants you to know that he is not a golf addict.
He spends so much time unwinding on the links because security restrictions mean he can’t go out for long walks or go to the carwash or the grocery store.” …
“He says he enjoys golf but is not the fanatic that some have portrayed.
“It’s the only excuse I have to get outside for four hours at a stretch,” he said.”

srdem65 April 10, 2011 at 1:18 pm

awww.
He could put on a groundskeeper’s uniform and a false mustache and cut the grass around the WhiteHouse.
He could put on some old clothes and wash the Presidential limos.
He could take the family to Camp David and walk to his heart’s content.
He could visit the nearest AirForceBase and inspect our planes.
He could visit the nearest VA hospital and sit outside with some of our bravest and brightest.
He and the family could go back to their home in Chicago where he can sit on the back porch.
He could try to put MrsO, the two children , FirstGranny and himself into a Chevy Volt and drive around looking for an outside electical outlet to ‘juice’ up’ at the White House.
Jus’ tryin’ ta help.

William April 10, 2011 at 7:21 pm

The only way? I seem to remember a former president who would go mountain biking or building fences on a ranch.

Star April 10, 2011 at 12:58 pm

Military course? Would it have closed? Would the pro not have been paid? Just wondering.

LC southern April 10, 2011 at 1:11 pm

Really, golf is the only thing he can do for exercise. He seems to have no problem going out on his lunch dates with Biden, kids basketball games, date night? Just sayin…

Susan April 10, 2011 at 1:24 pm

Whew, talk about getting down to the wire. I was starting to worry about you Keith. I’ve heard that iMac’s aren’t very tasty.

Tom April 10, 2011 at 1:47 pm

Mr. Obama could have exercised with the troops at 8th & I and then gone to meet the wounded at Bethesda.

Susan April 10, 2011 at 2:07 pm

I don’t know how he could manage to show his face to our soldiers after holding them hostage to that budget deal he is taking a bow for brokering. Besides, visiting troops doesn’t exactly fit his idea of leisure activity. I’ll never forget that photo-op visit to Dover… http://gatewaypundit.rightnetwork.com/2009/10/obama-salutes-dead-soldiers-return-to-us-but-wont-send-reinforcements/

MichelleIndependent April 10, 2011 at 2:14 pm

Barry has no conscience; that’s how. And he’s a narcissist.

nelly April 10, 2011 at 5:22 pm

“the president” wouldn’t anything involving the military unless he has reporters and photographers along with him. Our soldiers, airmen, sailors and Marines are nothing to him but backdrops for his photo op stunts.

jeff April 10, 2011 at 6:38 pm

“But if I dont practice every week how will I ever compete in the DPRK’s Kim Jong Il Open next year?”, ” I really want to win that red member’s jacket.”

Granny Jan April 10, 2011 at 7:37 pm

Michelle had a pizza party Saturday night with about 20 of her best friends at We the Pizza restaurant in DC. Hmmm, lot’s of fattening entrees. The friends were probably going to Williamsburg with her. It’s good they managed to have fun despite not going. /s

srdem65 April 10, 2011 at 8:07 pm

Wonder where the 15-20 friends come from..Chicago?DC?
Does she just say “Hey, I’m bored, fly over here. We’ll go out for pizza”?
Or, they were all going to Williamsburg but the nasty Repubs ruined everything. It seems like the O family doesn’t do anything or go anywhere without a bunch of friends.

Holy Smoke April 10, 2011 at 7:53 pm

“In the absence of appropriations, non-excepted activities that have not already been fully funded will need to be shut down …” (Courtesy of the Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense Public Affairs) I guess it would be a little difficult explaining how the golf course was an essential service. Though the grounds keepers are needed to maintain the course daily otherwise the course goes to seed and will cost more to restore.