Calorie Count for Two White House Meals: 6,500

by Keith Koffler on February 11, 2011, 4:24 pm

Two recent high profile meals at the White House together totalled a whopping 6,500 calories, calling into question whether Mrs. Obama’s “Let’s Move” anti-obesity campaign refers principally to movement around a buffet table.

The January 19 State Dinner for Chinese President Hu Jintao, with its artery clogging list of delicacies, may have been interpreted in Beijing as a message that the Obamas want Hu to drop dead and be succeeded by younger leadership.

The meal clocked in at nearly 3,000 calories. Hu Jintao, who stands 5′ 8″ tall, needs about 2,200 calories FOR THE WHOLE DAY. Forcing Hu to exceed his daily calorie limit by some 40 percent in a single meal – how could he refuse servings without creating and international incident? – is A CLEAR VIOLATION OF THE GENEVA CONVENTION.

Even worse was the Super Bowl fat and sodium festival, where guests – including many members of Congress from Wisconsin and Pennsylvania, the home states of the Packers and the Steelers – and Jennifer Lopez had the opportunity to sock away 3,600 calories.

J-Lo’s famous buttocks is held to be perfect for being just on the cusp of becoming overly voluptuous. It’s possible Mrs. Obama changed all that last Sunday.

The first lady defended her gut gorging Super Bowl menu, arguing that her guidelines allow for a splurge.

But this smorgasbord and the State Dinner, as possibly the most written about meals that will be served anywhere in the United States this year, were her chance to make a statement. The statement should have been about the healthy eating part of her message, not the splurge part.

Here is the calorie scorecard for the two meals:

China Regime Change State Dinner Menu

First Course

D’Anjou Pear with Farmstead Goat Cheese Fennel, Black Walnuts, and White Balsamic: 400 calories;

Second Course:

Poached Maine Lobster: 200 calories
Orange Glaze Carrots and Black Trumpet Mushrooms: 100 calories

Wine: DuMol Chardonnay “Russian River” 2008 (California): 100 calories

Palate Cleanser: Lemon Sorbet: 100 calories

Third Course:
Dry Aged Rib Eye with Buttermilk Crisp Onions: 300 calories + 300 calories = 600 calories
Double Stuffed Potatoes and Creamed Spinach: 300 calories +300 calories = 600 calories

Wine: Quilceda Creek Cabernet “Columbia Valley” 2005 (Washington State): 100 calories

Fourth Course:

Ice Cream

Beverages:
Yuengling Lager and Light
Hinterland Pale Ale and Amber Ale
White House Honey Ale

Sample Lunch:

I think in this case it’s fair to choose the worst case scenario for the main course, the deep dish pizza, since a guest could have easily blundered into this option. For the pizza calories, I’ve consulted the statistics for the Uno’s individual-size sausage pizza.

Deep Dish Pizza: 2,300 calories. And BTW, it also has 4,650 grams sodium and 165 grams fat, a third of it saturated.

German potato salad: 300 calories

Four buffalo wing pieces (delicious after all that heavy cheese and sausage): 300

Ice cream: 400 calories

Two beers: 300 calories

Total: 3,600 calories

FREE ROAMING FOR INTERNATIONAL CALLS!
Check out the best international Sim Cards and save up to 80% on your phone calls, go to roaming free sims and travelsim!

Star February 11, 2011 at 10:29 am

Those cal counts are pretty kind…was the ribeye the “recommended” size of a pack of playing cards?

srdem65 February 11, 2011 at 11:06 am

GeoffHabgood, director of the food and nutrition department of the DeerValleyUnifiedSchoolDistrict (AZ) said “Yes, it will be healthier, but the kids won’t like it” when asked by the AZRepublic newspaper to comment on the new federal guidelines for school lunches. The guidelines limit the maximum calories for lunch at 550-650 for elementary, 600-700 for middle school and 750-850 calories for high school students.
Following those guidelines, the Superbowl partiers could each partake of one bratwurst and 3 chips(no dip) and 1/4 cup of beer.

Star February 11, 2011 at 11:31 am

LOL. I saw that comment from Hapgood..I suddenly flashed on the kids getting beer… I remember how cool it was when I had to put my kid in parochial school to get out of the DC schools–and learned they served wine at the PTA! That was very nice.j

Keith Koffler February 12, 2011 at 7:26 am

srdem – I really think we are in danger of kids just not eating lunch. If they don’t eat, they certainly won’t be getting nutrition!

Tom February 11, 2011 at 11:10 am

State-run liberal media (MSNBC, NBC, ABC, CBS, CNN) have all stated that Mrs. Obama’s SB menu was just a “cheat meal” and therefore, ok to serve “honored guests.”

ITEM: The sheer *hypocrisy* of Mrs. Obama and her fascist Fat Fighting Campaign is clear for everyone to see. While she has the right to serve up steaming bowls of melted cheese, keilbasa and Chicago deep dish pizza (a zillion calorie gut bomb) she cracks the whip on the National Restaurant Association about high fat foods. The empress has no girdle.

Star February 11, 2011 at 11:32 am

LOL. You mean Spanx?

Tom February 11, 2011 at 11:45 am

The empress’ booty alone probably houses enough calories to feed a small, impoverished African nation.

Keith Koffler February 12, 2011 at 7:24 am

Right Tom – I saw all that BS in the media, swallowing the WH spin on this fat extravaganza. That’s part of what provoked me to write this.

Tom February 14, 2011 at 10:33 am

Keith,

The lady can do no wrong. At least the Clintons were never hypocritical about food. He GOBBLED down Big Macs faster than edible panties and Mrs. Clinton at least tried to get him to eat healthy by introducing new dishes to the WH menu. But she never made it a crusade. And now, Hillary is twice as big as she was when Bill got elected.

Star February 11, 2011 at 11:51 am

Hey–I am in the bodacious back porch club, too–not that I want to defend Ms Know-It-All.

Tom February 11, 2011 at 12:04 pm

… but Star, your not busy shaking your thang, gangster-rap style, in the face of every overweight student in America. Mrs. Thang is busy (beep beep beep) maneuvering her enormous rear end toward any news camera that comes within 100 miles of the White House kitchen.

Star February 11, 2011 at 12:16 pm

I WAS every overweight child–and I know they won’t apprec this stuff. We never forget the rope we had to try to climb or the weight-ins. But at least at lunch we could eat meatloaf…

Tom February 11, 2011 at 3:29 pm

I miss “Wednesday Hamburger Day” in grade school. Oh my. The feeling of that bun, the juicy burger and a small, maybe a palm-full of french fries (no salt, no ketchup) plus some morose, sickly looking vegetable. I traded my veggies to this pretty girl who would sit next to me and she would give me her fries. I think thats why I am *addicted* to McDonald’s. :-) ( I think I am the only personal fitness trainer that actually EATS McDonald’s every couple of weeks ).

Keith Koffler February 12, 2011 at 7:18 am

morose, sickly looking vegetable! great one. I’m glad you allow some McDonald’s – we need to sin a little.

Star February 14, 2011 at 10:16 am

Their stuff isn’t as good as I remember it from a decade ago–kind of tired–not really made healthier, but listless.

Granny Jan February 11, 2011 at 12:45 pm

Great job, Keith. I could have used this info a couple of days ago.

What gets me is that MO knew she would be meeting with the pressies the next day re Let’s Move. Either she didn’t care, knew that she could deflect the media or didn’t even give it a thought.

I don’t give any credence to what she said during the meeting because she just spins. She said she never thinks about how people will react when she dresses (in inappropriate clothes) Barky stopped smoking but she doesn’t know when.

Her $35 dress for NY media was a cynical ploy. The dress was totally redesigned which costs plenty. Her typical cothing costs $1000s.

What happened to the Facebook buttons?

Keith Koffler February 12, 2011 at 7:20 am

Facebook buttons stopped working! Still trying to figure it out. Did she wear a $35 dress? missed that one. And remember, president is on Nicorette.

srdem65 February 12, 2011 at 5:58 pm

According to the press release from her office, MrsO bought 2 $35 dresses and had someone cut up the second dress to make sleeves because, well, I don’t know, maybe she doesn’t want to dazzle us with her ‘toned’ arms any more. It was a black&white polka-dot tiered dress that she adorned with a large red boob-belt and wore a pair of yellow shoes to complete the clownish, oops, stylish look.
The still photos from the “Regis” program show MrsO dazzling us with some makeup enhanced cleavage in her low-cut bodice and a look at her bare thighs.

We have never seen any other woman in the political arena wear such inappropriate or revealing attire. No other FLOTUS has ever had their arms or any part of their physical appearance a matter of public discussion.

srdem65 February 13, 2011 at 6:17 pm
Keith Koffler February 14, 2011 at 10:38 am

I could be wrong, but I’m not sure the yellow shoes are wokin’ here.

Tom February 14, 2011 at 10:44 am

Hmmm, the yellow shoes. I wont say low rent, but I will say fo-pah.

Tom February 14, 2011 at 10:35 am

SRDEM, hear hear.

MODESTY. They lacketh thereof.

Tom February 14, 2011 at 10:39 am

Good luck with that.

I have several clients who have tried to stop smoking and all of them have ballooned in weight. Smoking is bad for you … but not if you have one every couple of days. ( I am also the only personal trainer that has a cigar every week ). I salute Mr. Obama for wanting to stop …. but hell hath no fury like a Chief Executive without a cigarette while working on the budget.

Anonna February 12, 2011 at 10:16 pm

Thank you for pointing this out. If I had gone to the Super Bowl Party, I would have been dismayed to find NOT ONE “light” choice. It was a lard fest.

Knot Jammin, Jr. February 15, 2011 at 1:28 pm

I guess this explains Michelle’s ass growing at an astronomical rate. Yea, that’s what it is an “AssTroid”.

betsp February 15, 2011 at 7:23 pm

So, the Obamas are hypocrites who just love to boss others around, love to spend other people’s money and love to ‘transform America’. Nothing new here. If you had two brain cells, you knew this going in. He’s a jerk, a liar, an opportunist, a pretender and of course a Marxist. Whoever voted for him should apologize to the rest of us.

Rowdy Boots February 15, 2011 at 9:40 pm

HYPOCRITES ALWAYS FORGET THAT THEY ARE TALKING TO PEOPLE WHO ARE SMARTER THAN THEM ARE.

MICHELLE OBAMA IS NO DIFFERENT.

BUT REMEMBER THE LEFT’S MANTRA: DO AS I SAY, NOT AS I DO.

(FOR I AM SMARTER THAN YOU AND YOU ARE INCAPABLE OF TAKING CARE OF YOURSELF).

ROWDY BOOTS