Obama’s quest to look as much like Jimmy Carter as possible is picking up steam with the decision by the current president to install solar panels on the roof of the White House to heat the water and provide a little electricity too.
Obama image-meisters thought long and hard before agreeing to environmentalists’ demands the White House take on solar power, fearing comparisons with Carter, who made a big to-do of the panels he installed and famously lectured Americans to turn down their thermostats, pissing everybody off.
White House Dossier had helpfully compiled for you the burgeoning list of eerie similarities between the failed Carter presidency and the Obama administration. Here’s what the two presidents have in common:
1. Solar Panels in the White House
2. Can’t quite fix the economy.
3. Think they can appease an implacable enemy. Carter: The Soviets; Obama: Islamic extremists.
4. Like to tell Americans they can’t have their nice, cheap fossil fuels.
5. Presided over a country experiencing profound “malaise” that they couldn’t cure
6. Watched helplessly as their popularity declined.
7. Have a black African father and a white American mother.
8. Grew up on a peanut farm.
9. Have a wife named Rosalynn and a daughter named Amy.
10. Once got a wet kiss from Leonid Brezhnev
11. Are routinely bullied by bunny rabbits.
12. Like to hang out in the Green Room playing air guitar to AC/DC hits.
Okay, the last few got a little bit silly. But I think you understand what I mean. Obama needs to make some changes or he too may have to commence his ex-president’s career before his second term can start.